The Beatles - Real Love

pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
edited September 2007 in Other Music
http://youtube.com/watch?v=kZjCGF57v4Q

One of the songs that they finished for The Anthology.........never realized how great it was until just lately. Jeff Lynne production at its finest.
Alpine Valley 2000
Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    awesome song, i agree

another great, relatively unknown beatles song is harrison's "it's all too much" from yellow submarine
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • http://youtube.com/watch?v=kZjCGF57v4Q

One of the songs that they finished for The Anthology.........never realized how great it was until just lately. Jeff Lynne production at its finest.
    Rolling Stone recently ripped Jeff Lynne production style in their review of the newly re-released Travelling Wilbury's. Lynne also cowrote and produced songs for Tom Petty for a couple of his more successful albums. RS said that Lynne was mainly hired because he was easy to work with.
    This version of Real Love really got ripped on when it came out, but it's a good song, and it's great to hear Harrison on it. Love the video. I also like the John Lennon solo version on the Imagine soundtrack, and even like the Regina Spektor version on the new Lennon tribute album.
    Mansfield 8/7/92, 7/2/03; Boston 9/28/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06
  • This was the song my wife and I shared our first dance to at our wedding. We picked it because the lyrics were meaningful to us, she is a major beatles fan, and it had an up-tempo that we could actually DANCE to!!! We got applause when I spun her around. So yes, this song means a lot to me :)
    "A toast....to Canadian born Neil Young!!!" - Eddie Vedder

CANADIAN AND PROUD OF IT!!!!!!
  • Rolling Stone recently ripped Jeff Lynne production style in their review of the newly re-released Travelling Wilbury's. Lynne also cowrote and produced songs for Tom Petty for a couple of his more successful albums. RS said that Lynne was mainly hired because he was easy to work with.
    This version of Real Love really got ripped on when it came out, but it's a good song, and it's great to hear Harrison on it. Love the video. I also like the John Lennon solo version on the Imagine soundtrack, and even like the Regina Spektor version on the new Lennon tribute album.

Rolling Stone is pretty much always full of shit. Lynne is a great producer, I like almost everything he produced. Oddly the records he produced were better than just about anything ELO put out.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson