The Story Of The Who

pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
edited February 2008 in Other Music
Just watched this last night for the first time, I wasnt all that impressed with the film, some parts I really liked but I was a bit disappointed with it for the most part.
Alpine Valley 2000
Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I agree. When it first came out it was mentioned that Ed was interviewed in the movie. Which turned out to be-

Ed- "I Like The Who"
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    I agree. When it first came out it was mentioned that Ed was interviewed in the movie. Which turned out to be-

Ed- "I Like The Who"

I think my biggest problem is that they didnt go into depth about some of the most important things.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • You want to watch a great band documentary pick up The Clash - Westway to the World. Great insight in that doc.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • I didn't watch this one..but I have at home DVD about making the album Who's Next...recommend it..
    The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

____

Zagreb 2006/ Munich 2007/ Venice 2007/ Berlin 2009 / Venice 2010 / 2 x Berlin 2012 / Stockholm 2012 / Milan 2014 / Trieste 2014 / Vienna 2014 / Florence (EV) 2019 / Padova 2018 / Prague 2018 / Imola 2022 / Budapest 2022 / Vienna 2022 / Prague 2022 

• adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    I was kinda excited when it came on TV even though I'm not a huge Who fan. I was very disappointed. It came with a lot of hype and it was a big letdown for me. I would say it almost wasn't even worth watching.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    the kids are alright is a very good film.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i was hoping for more info on Quadrophenia and The Who By Numbers.