Oasis - Stop Crying Your Heart Out

pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
edited March 2008 in Other Music
What a tune, glad it was in The Butterfly Effect otherwise I might not have checked out Oasis again.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mdPpShsp5l0
Alpine Valley 2000
Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
    Werent you defending Oasis' recent work in another thread? I thought you would've been checking them out every record, no? :D

Decent tune alright. Any word on when the new albums coming out?
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    edved82 wrote:
    Werent you defending Oasis' recent work in another thread? I thought you would've been checking them out every record, no? :D

Decent tune alright. Any word on when the new albums coming out?

I was talking about a few years ago. I would guess late summer, early fall maybe at best.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• PJ_GAPJ_GA Posts: 121
    I've heard that there is some stuff in the works right now.

OASIS= AWESOME
    ITS MY BLOOOOOOODDDDDD!!!!!!!!!
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    How big are Oasis in other countries apart from the UK? The way the UK press goes on about them, you'd think they are The Beatles reborn. I do like Oasis though, and this is a good song.
  • mattosbornemattosborne Posts: 339
    muppet wrote:
    How big are Oasis in other countries apart from the UK? The way the UK press goes on about them, you'd think they are The Beatles reborn. I do like Oasis though, and this is a good song.

Actually they are massive in several countries, about the only modernized country where they aren't a top act is the U.S.
    The Official Matt Cameron appreciation signature!
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Actually they are massive in several countries, about the only modernized country where they aren't a top act is the U.S.

And who said Americans don't have taste?!
  • SoupySoupy Posts: 171
    The Uk's answer to Creed strike again with another meat and potato's song.
    Soupy wrote:

Ha ha! Yeah it is a particularly whiney offering, even by Liam Gallagher's standards.

They have a big following in some areas, they seem to be pretty big near me. They still sell out shows when they tour here too.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

Soupy wrote:

They are absolutely nothing like Creed
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

Soupy wrote:

Haha wow, that's a bold statement.
    They are absolutely nothing like Creed

In ever way but sound. Obnoxious singer? Check Recycled Melodies? Check Loved by the masses (the type that only buy like one cd a year)? Check
  • cmon, they arent that bad.

there is something a bit mustard about them though.
    cmon, they arent that bad.

there is something a bit mustard about them though.

Well ok they did have a few decent songs on their first couple of albums, but the reason they became massive was not on the strength of amazingly well written songs or their musicianship. They got big becasue they were the first rock band in quite a while to appeal to not only indie fans, but also the football hooligan/chav type audiences - songs they could sing from the terraces, or belt out down the pub while they downed their 15th pint of wife beater (that's Stella Artois to the uninformed!).
    Well ok they did have a few decent songs on their first couple of albums, but the reason they became massive was not on the strength of amazingly well written songs or their musicianship. They got big becasue they were the first rock band in quite a while to appeal to not only indie fans, but also the football hooligan/chav type audiences - songs they could sing from the terraces, or belt out down the pub while they downed their 15th pint of wife beater (that's Stella Artois to the uninformed!).

I don't see what's wrong with that. And I love Stella Artois.
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    This was an Oasis track I hadn't really paid attention to........until it was played at my friends funeral.It now hurts to much to listen to it.But it is beautiful.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
    muppet wrote:
    I don't see what's wrong with that. And I love Stella Artois.

I hate chavs.

They are big because they have some of the best melodies ever.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

They are big because they have some of the best melodies ever.

If the British public hadn't taken them to their hearts, it's doubtful the rest of the world would have heard them. If I could only explain to an American exactly the nature of how they rose to fame, and exactly what it was like over here when they first became famous. Seriously, you would be pretty shocked by who the large majority of their fans are over here. They have *some* good melodies, but some of the best ever is a stretch.
    If the British public hadn't taken them to their hearts, it's doubtful the rest of the world would have heard them. If I could only explain to an American exactly the nature of how they rose to fame, and exactly what it was like over here when they first became famous. Seriously, you would be pretty shocked by who the large majority of their fans are over here. They have *some* good melodies, but some of the best ever is a stretch.

I have yet to hear a band with as catchy of songs.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

I have yet to hear a band with as catchy of songs.

Seriously? If catchy is all you care about may I point you in the direction of Green Day?!

In fact I'll cut you some slack, Oasis aren't awful and in some ways they have become more tollerable over the years. Back in the 90's their fans were c*nts though. And there is no denying that their music is a little bit meat and potatoes - nothing truly ground breaking. But I can understand why people like it.

You familiar with the band Feeder? They've got some cracking tunes, fairly popular British band.
    Seriously? If catchy is all you care about may I point you in the direction of Green Day?!

In fact I'll cut you some slack, Oasis aren't awful and in some ways they have become more tollerable over the years. Back in the 90's their fans were c*nts though. And there is no denying that their music is a little bit meat and potatoes - nothing truly ground breaking. But I can understand why people like it.

You familiar with the band Feeder? They've got some cracking tunes, fairly popular British band.

Green Day grew stale a long time ago.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

Green Day grew stale a long time ago.

It was meant as a joke :)

Anyway Feeder: http://youtube.com/watch?v=xtuctFPHbhQ

this is one of my favourite songs.
    It was meant as a joke :)

Anyway Feeder: http://youtube.com/watch?v=xtuctFPHbhQ

this is one of my favourite songs.

Just checked out some songs, some of it sounds pretty cool. Why havent I heard of these guys before?
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

Just checked out some songs, some of it sounds pretty cool. Why havent I heard of these guys before?

They were kind of always on the cusp of making it big outside of the UK, but they never quite made it in the US. Not helped by the fact that the drummer commited suicide a few years back. That song I posted was one of the big songs they released on their come back album. The lyrics are pretty heart breaking. They started out as Britain's answer to the Smashing Pumpkins, but then got a lot more poppy sounding. They were always an incredibly solid band though.

How about Stereophonics? They wer huge back in the late 90's over here, their first two albums are amazing. Lots of catchy songs about small town life. Here's one of their best: http://youtube.com/watch?v=yGKRxiffhSg