Options

Journey

pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
edited March 2006 in Other Music
What do you guys think of them? Although they are considered corporate rock and alot of their lyrics are quite cheesy/wussy.........I think they are an awesome band. Steve Perry is one of the best rock singers ever, they have some really nice piano parts, Neal Schon is one of the best guitarists, they have many very catchy songs, and they sound good as hell live (even with a different lead singer).
Alpine Valley 2000
Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,751
    What do you guys think of them? Although they are considered corporate rock and alot of their lyrics are quite cheesy/wussy.........I think they are an awesome band. Steve Perry is one of the best rock singers ever, they have some really nice piano parts, Neal Schon is one of the best guitarists, they have many very catchy songs, and they sound good as hell live (even with a different lead singer).

i will ALWAYS love Journey...but with Steve Perry. he IS one of the best rock singers ever. i actually like their lyrics...most of them about love. they serve their purpose. i actually met Steve at the Ramones Tribute show where Eddie performed and he had only great things to say about Eddie.
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    well, hopefully nobody will deny the fact Perry has an AWESOME voice and yeah, Schon is a monster on guitar. oh, their album covers were always cool.......

Escape has a special little place in my heart as I learned to 'play' piano as a young 'un to Open Arms and Don't Stop Believin' To this day, if I hear Stone In Love I give the volume a little up button.

I can't remember the last year I ever played anything from them, I do have a few discs laying around.
  • Options
    pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Have any of you seen them in concert?
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Options
    cookie5798cookie5798 Posts: 396
    I am going to see them in Atlanta this summer with Def Leppard!
    We need Pearl Jam in Atlanta!!! 2006-2007

The dirty south needs a fix.
  • Options
    hoonbeamhoonbeam Posts: 24
    transplant wrote:
    To this day, if I hear Stone In Love I give the volume a little up button.

Me too! Journey were my absolute favorite band for a long time growing up. My aunt and uncle brought me a Journey shirt back from the beach one year. I felt like the coolest kid in second grade! Plus my uncle won me one of those nice Journey Escape mirrors from the carnival. I mean the ones with the actual wooden frame... I can taste your jealousy ;)
  • Options
    thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    cookie5798 wrote:
    I am going to see them in Atlanta this summer with Def Leppard!
    JOURNEY ROCKS!!!

hopefully ill be seeing them this summer in philly!

:D
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • Options
    darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    As cheesy and corny as they are, how could you not love them?!!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee