Smashing Pumpkins - Try, Try, Try

pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
edited March 2008 in Other Music
Such a great song. Machina has some real gems on it, way better record than Zeitgeist.
Alpine Valley 2000
Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    I agree.....

To me, Zeitgeist is not the Pumpkins.....
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    indeed

great hearing it on the 08 tour
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    there are a few songs on Machina i dig:
    Try Try Try
    Stand Inside Your Love
    Blue Skies Bring Tears
    Heavy Metal Machine
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Stand Inside Your Love is the only song on that record I think stands up to their past material. I think Zeitgeist is a more solid album.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Stand Inside Your Love is the only song on that record I think stands up to their past material. I think Zeitgeist is a more solid album.

Not a chance
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • The VacantThe Vacant Posts: 271
    The outtakes from Machina (Dross, Speed Kills, Cash Car Star, Home, ect.) were worlds better than 90% of that album. Stand Inside Your Love and Glass & The Ghost Children are the only tunes from Machina that get any real airings by me.
  • r1versr1vers Posts: 244
    The Vacant wrote:
    The outtakes from Machina (Dross, Speed Kills, Cash Car Star, Home, ect.) were worlds better than 90% of that album. Stand Inside Your Love and Glass & The Ghost Children are the only tunes from Machina that get any real airings by me.

Funny..I think "Glass.." is awful but completely agree about SIYL and the outtakes being amazing. SIYL live last year blew me away. The other version of Try, Try, Try is great too, not to mention Atom Bomb and Let Me Give The World To You.
    "Last time I think we played that song here was like, a long time ago, and there was a bonfire in the back and people were like throwing each other into it...very exciting days but a huge fucking relief that that's not how it is tonight..." Ed Irvine Night 1 2003, after Deep
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Not a chance

I'm not saying either album is amazing - neither compare to Siamese Dream or Mellon Collie.
  • Bangers_n_mashBangers_n_mash Posts: 1,241
    The Vacant wrote:
    They're not outtakes of Machina. They were on Machina II.

There were outtakes from Machina (like Winterlong + Soots and Stars + a good few more)...

Try, Try, Try was good on the tour though, great singalong!
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    Machina II was waaaaaaay better than Machina I......

In my opinion they should have released them the other way round.....
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • The VacantThe Vacant Posts: 271
    They're not outtakes of Machina. They were on Machina II.

There were outtakes from Machina (like Winterlong + Soots and Stars + a good few more)...

Try, Try, Try was good on the tour though, great singalong!

They were written and preformed before the Machina tunes. They were put on the shelf in favor of the tripe Billy came up with in late '99. They were outtakes. That's all Machina II is, a collection of outtakes. Just like Pieces Iscariot and Aeroplane Flies High.
  • Bangers_n_mashBangers_n_mash Posts: 1,241
    The Vacant wrote:
    They were written and preformed before the Machina tunes. They were put on the shelf in favor of the tripe Billy came up with in late '99. They were outtakes. That's all Machina II is, a collection of outtakes. Just like Pieces Iscariot and Aeroplane Flies High.
    I don't agree. :o
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • BrokenGlassBrokenGlass Posts: 298
    Here's a lovely version from Prague this year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvM-NHbqMLw

P.S. I'm in love with Ginger.
  • Machina was originally a double album but due to the poor sales of Adore the record company (virgin I think?) wouldn't allow the Pumpkins to release a double. So Corgan shaved it down to Machina and released Machina II on the internet for free because he felt that the material was too good to not be released.

Call it outtakes, b-sides, whatever,.. I love both collections...
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"