The Fray

pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
edited May 2007 in Other Music
Not exactly what you would call hip but I think they are a very talented band, havent heard a song that I didnt like from them.
Alpine Valley 2000
Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    They are this years Maroon 5.

It's radio-friendly inoffensive soft rock made for those people who feel the need to buy something inbetween Coldplay records
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    Not exactly what you would call hip but I think they are a very talented band, havent heard a song that I didnt like from them.

i like the guy's voice, and its a solid album all the way through.

check out the acoustic set at strippedmusic.com.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • I think it's boring pop shit and if I hear that goddamn 'over my head' song one more time I'm gonna start shooting people.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • faithful227faithful227 Posts: 352
    i saw them play recently, and i was impressed with their live show. i had never heard any of their material prior to the show. the only reason i went was because it was free from a contest i won from work. i like 'em ok.
    VHC member #155***

Ft Lauderdale '96:::West Palm Beach '98:::Tampa '00:::Tampa '03:::Camden 1&2 '06::: DC '06:::West Palm Beach '08:::Tampa '08:::Columbia '08:::Virginia Beach '08

• CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    They have some catchy tunes which I know doesn't play well here on the board. They are really talented, so I'll be curious to check out their 2nd release to see where it goes. I actually saw them play a small local festival here before Cable Car, renamed Over My Head took off for them. They were definately the best local band that was there.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    Definitely pleasant enough music, good musicianship there and a good voice. Yes, inoffensive but that's hardly something to take issue with.

I like them.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    I think it's boring pop shit and if I hear that goddamn 'over my head' song one more time I'm gonna start shooting people.

wow, have some calming tea (chammomile), why don't you?
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    I think it's boring pop shit and if I hear that goddamn 'over my head' song one more time I'm gonna start shooting people.

Whether you like it or not, there is much more annoying music out there. Examples - Hinder, Fall Out Boy, Three Days Grace, My Chemical Romance, etc.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    How to save a life is a great pop song, lyrics are pretty good. Not heard much else.
  • Whether you like it or not, there is much more annoying music out there. Examples - Hinder, Fall Out Boy, Three Days Grace, My Chemical Romance, etc.
    True, but the mere fact that I had to hear that boring ass song 3-4 times every day I worked over the past 5 months I think I'm at the breaking point.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    I'm closeminded and hate corny music aimed at girls and pussy men.

(The Fray fit that category)
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • ReleasHReleasH Posts: 743
    Lyrically they aren't bad. My friend gave me a copy of their CD ... it is definitely "inoffensive soft rock" but not bad as other bands out there. The same friend took me to their show and the singer is pretty talented. He did a great acapella song.
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    True, but the mere fact that I had to hear that boring ass song 3-4 times every day I worked over the past 5 months I think I'm at the breaking point.
    Poor thing. Repetiton can ruin almost anything....

You have my sympathies.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace