Gnarls Barkley

pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
edited February 2008 in Other Music
Does anybody even remember them anymore? To me this is one of those bands that is really cool at first but grows real stale quickly.
Alpine Valley 2000
Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Yea I remember them. Crazy was a huge hit only two years ago.

Their second album will be coming out soon methinks.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    I use to like Crazy at first but grew to be very annoyed by it. Their Violent Femmes cover wasnt very spectacular either. Too gimmicky for my tastes.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    crazy annoyed the shit out of me. one day, nobody had heard of them. the next, that song was playing 6 times an hour on every channel. 2 weeks later, it was gone. they sounded ok, but i never splurged for the album becos it did sound kinda gimmicky.
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    horrible live act. We had to walk around outside their feedback and sound was a huge mess. Couldn't hear vocals for like 3 songs they had so many people on stage playing with them.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    I still enjoy the album every now and then. It's pretty good throughout, the success of Crazy makes it a bit annoying since everybody's heard it 1000 times, but the rest of the album is pretty good too. Far from my favorite album, but they have a nice mix of styles, they are unique if nothing else.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    It's not really a band.... It's Danger Mouse with Cee Lo of Goodie Mob.

Cee Lo is awesome and I've liked him, Goodie Mob and Outkast since they collaborated on "In Due Time" years ago. Still Standing is an incredible album.

I don't own the Gnarles Barkley album but generally I like both of those guys on their own for what they do. The Grey Album was kind of cool.

So many talented people in all facits of the Atlanta Music scene.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Cee Lo should have stuck with this

Love the beat for this song
    http://video.aol.com/video-detail/goodie-mob-feat-big-boi-get-rich-to-this/350700510
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006