Gangstarr

pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
edited February 2008 in Other Music
Just listened to them for the first time in awhile. Nobody makes beats better than DJ Premier. If only rap was still like this nowadays.
Alpine Valley 2000
Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Gangstarr are like the bane of my hip-hop listening. I LOVE Premo's production but cannot get into Guru's voice. His lyrics are great but he just seems so half-assed. I want to like them so much and maybe one day I'll appreciate them but I have Daily Operation, supposedly their best, and I'd give it a 3/5 to be honest :o
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Gangstarr are like the bane of my hip-hop listening. I LOVE Premo's production but cannot get into Guru's voice. His lyrics are great but he just seems so half-assed. I want to like them so much and maybe one day I'll appreciate them but I have Daily Operation, supposedly their best, and I'd give it a 3/5 to be honest :o
    Get Full Clip The greatest hits double album. I didn't like Guru at first either. One day it will click though.
    NERDS!
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Get Full Clip The greatest hits double album. I didn't like Guru at first either. One day it will click though.
    Maybe... It's not even that I don't like mellow MCs. My favourite hip-hop song ever, and what I consider to be the absolute pinnacle of the genre, is T.R.O.Y by Pete Rock & Cl Smooth and the latter is a totally chilled rapper. I just don't FEEL Guru :o
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"