Peter Frampton

pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
edited March 2008 in Other Music
kinda sucks, dont get why so many people like him.
Alpine Valley 2000
Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    kinda sucks, dont get why so many people like him.

obviously you were not around in the 70's....Frampton Comes Alive had a HUGE impact on music.

and he can wail....
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Dollpartz wrote:
    obviously you were not around in the 70's....Frampton Comes Alive had a HUGE impact on music.

and he can wail....

Not my cup of tea though, he is a great example of what I hate about alot of 70's rock music.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

Not my cup of tea though, he is a great example of what I hate about alot of 70's rock music.

i can understand that, i can't stand a lot of 80's music. But you have to admit, he CAN wail....
    Dollpartz wrote:
    i can understand that, i can't stand a lot of 80's music. But you have to admit, he CAN wail....

Well obviously, so can Eddie Van Halen but that doesnt make his music good either.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    pf is a guitar God.

I love that man.

did you see the thread under the AET where I said I want to go back to 1975 and see him do his frampton comes alive album? first time i saw him live was 1982. he blasted me, i swear he was the beginning of my bad ears, but way a way to go deaf :D

the only other time i saw him was october 2006, woo hoo! he is not pretty like he used to be but he can still play the guitar.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177

He's a great example of what I love about a lot of 70's rock music.

He was expressive, innovative and a performer in addition to having chops.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    Well obviously, so can Eddie Van Halen but that doesnt make his music good either.

point taken :)

to each his own.

i think he rocks!
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736

an oasis fan WOULD say this. :rolleyes: i mean, do u even KNOW about FRAMPTONs music? CLEARLY you dont know what ure talking about. No, not becuz im a fan and ure not. Its more like becuz the man has some major talent. You cant compare him to anyone else.
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
    listen to that guitar

:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MGXNb27QeA&feature=related
    p.s.
    thanks for this thread, I need to buy tix to see him August 15
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    wow the other guy is really great too (like at the end)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoCSnZaw19A&feature=related
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    SENROCK! wrote:
    an oasis fan WOULD say this. :rolleyes: i mean, do u even KNOW about FRAMPTONs music? CLEARLY you dont know what ure talking about. No, not becuz im a fan and ure not. Its more like becuz the man has some major talent. You cant compare him to anyone else.

So I have to like his music? Sounds pretty ridiculous.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

frampton is great. what's not to like about him?
    So I have to like his music? Sounds pretty ridiculous.
    u dont have to but u at LEAST shouldnt dis him.

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I've seen Frampton twice, and He puts on an excellent show.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    pete rocks.
  • When punk and new wave happened, it was very fashionable to knock Peter Frampton. He was portrayed as this safe stadium rocker, but in truth he was pretty radical, recording live albums because he liked the sound, rather than going on studio egotrips like everyone else in those days. He'd come up from a mod band like The Herd, been in Humble Pie and forged a career mixing his musical ability with commercial success, without really compromising his talent. Fair play to him. He could still be a multi million selling act even today if he wanted, but after his car crash he settled into playing for the fun of it.

Mind you, he did get voted out of Celebrity Duets, with Chris Jericho. ;)
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,970
    I was around for Frampton Comes Alive, as well as Humble Pie's Rockin' the Fillmore. Played the shit out of both those records :D!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    I went to college with his daughter Jade....end of story
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    Really like his work with Humble Pie
  • Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    I'm old enough to have seen Peter Frampton headline the "Frampton Comes Alive " tour at JFK Stadium . 100,000 People. KICK ASS wailing by any standard. Humble Pie and Frampton's Camel amazing as well. I've seen him three times in clubs since his halcyon days. Last, no matter what his performance was rated by folks , seeing him play with PJ and Uncle Neil in Toledo was absolutely amazing.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
    Blind3 wrote:
    I'm old enough to have seen Peter Frampton headline the "Frampton Comes Alive " tour at JFK Stadium . 100,000 People. KICK ASS wailing by any standard. Humble Pie and Frampton's Camel amazing as well. I've seen him three times in clubs since his halcyon days. Last, no matter what his performance was rated by folks , seeing him play with PJ and Uncle Neil in Toledo was absolutely amazing.

YOU WERE THERE FOR THE FRAMPTON COMES ALIVE RECORDING??????? or are u just saying your age? oh my GOD u are so freakin LUCKY!!!!!! and being at the toledo show??? jeeze. you are the COOLEST!!! :cool:

When punk and new wave happened, it was very fashionable to knock Peter Frampton. He was portrayed as this safe stadium rocker, but in truth he was pretty radical, recording live albums because he liked the sound, rather than going on studio egotrips like everyone else in those days. He'd come up from a mod band like The Herd, been in Humble Pie and forged a career mixing his musical ability with commercial success, without really compromising his talent. Fair play to him. He could still be a multi million selling act even today if he wanted, but after his car crash he settled into playing for the fun of it.
    ive respected you since FOREVER and told u in the past how cool you are. but THIS......makes you WAY WAY COOLER now!!! :D

When punk and new wave happened, it was very fashionable to knock Peter Frampton. He was portrayed as this safe stadium rocker, but in truth he was pretty radical, recording live albums because he liked the sound, rather than going on studio egotrips like everyone else in those days. He'd come up from a mod band like The Herd, been in Humble Pie and forged a career mixing his musical ability with commercial success, without really compromising his talent. Fair play to him. He could still be a multi million selling act even today if he wanted, but after his car crash he settled into playing for the fun of it.

Mind you, he did get voted out of Celebrity Duets, with Chris Jericho. ;)

this is a nice reply....
    however, when I saw peter in 1982, the under cover side seats (both sides) of the outdoor venue were empty. it was sad...
    during that time i gave my 14 year old neighbor a ride to school and i told her i love peter frampton, and she said, "who is that?"
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • whulmefwhulmef Posts: 176
    Do you
    Feeeeeeeeeel like I do
    How you feel baby
  • jb13lettersjb13letters Posts: 220
    Hey, Peter Frampton, do you like toast, too?

-Mitch Hedberg (R.I.P.)
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
    whulmef wrote:
    Do you
    Feeeeeeeeeel like I do
    How you feel baby

LOVVVVVVVE THIS!!!!! :D