Joe Cocker - With Alittle Help From Friends

pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
edited December 2007 in Other Music
This song blows me away every single time I listen to it. One of the few times a Beatles cover has really blown away the original.
Alpine Valley 2000
Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• This song blows me away every single time I listen to it. One of the few times a Beatles cover has really blown away the original.

Me and my friend wanted to do this song for our graduation ceremony - the Joe Cocker version. But everyone else in the choir/band wanted to do the Beatles' version - which just wouldn't work with a choir. We ended up dropping it completely.

Luckily, me and the friend managed to get Queen's Don't Stop Me Now instead.:p
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    This song blows me away every single time I listen to it. One of the few times a Beatles cover has really blown away the original.
    I agree. There is just so much feeling in his version. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Agreed. It was also the theme song for my favorite shows in the entire world. Hello wonder years fans. :D
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    red mos wrote:
    Agreed. It was also the theme song for my favorite shows in the entire world. Hello wonder years fans. :D

One of my favorite shows as well, got the bootleg dvds a few months ago
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • This song blows me away every single time I listen to it. One of the few times a Beatles cover has really blown away the original.

I saw Joe perform a few yrs back and what agreat show he put on. Not sure if he tours much anymore.
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    I saw Joe perform a few yrs back and what agreat show he put on. Not sure if he tours much anymore.

He's either just been here or is just about to tour here Pat because I was thinking I'd like to go. It was one of those Day On The Green things I think, or maybe the Blues and Roots Festival.
    I'll do a little investigating so I sound like I know what I'm talking about! ;)

And I LOVE Joe's version of this song and completely agree that it's better than the Beatles original. :)

edit: Bugger me! :D I was correct!! :)

http://www.worldticketshop.com/concerts/joe_cocker_tickets
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Jeanie wrote:
    He's either just been here or is just about to tour here Pat because I was thinking I'd like to go. It was one of those Day On The Green things I think, or maybe the Blues and Roots Festival.
    I'll do a little investigating so I sound like I know what I'm talking about! ;)

And I LOVE Joe's version of this song and completely agree that it's better than the Beatles original. :)

edit: Bugger me! :D I was correct!! :)

http://www.worldticketshop.com/concerts/joe_cocker_tickets

I saw him on a blues tour maybe back in 1995. It was him, Buddy Guy's band and some other bands that played. All for five dollars. I still have the t-shirt somewhere. lol
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    I saw him on a blues tour maybe back in 1995. It was him, Buddy Guy's band and some other bands that played. All for five dollars. I still have the t-shirt somewhere. lol

WOW!! :D Now there's a priceless memory! Or nearly priceless! haha! Gosh! I can't remember the last time a concert cost me under a $100!
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift