Soundtracks

pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
edited June 2008 in Other Music
I used to never be into soundtracks much but I bought a few in the last year and they have all been some of my most played cds. Into The Wild, Friday Night Lights, and Garden State are the ones I am referring to. I know alot of you hate it but I still listen to the Into The Wild soundtrack almost every single day......it just doesnt get old.
Alpine Valley 2000
Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Chris1401Chris1401 Posts: 354
    I know a lot of people like the I am Sam soundtrack.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Chris1401 wrote:
    I know a lot of people like the I am Sam soundtrack.

Eh, it was alright.........I forgot about Across The Universe, I have also been listening to that a ton
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • pirlo21pirlo21 Posts: 534
    Come on. Best soundtracks ever:

Top Gun
    Rocky IV
    Lost Boys

!!!!

Can't beat a bit of cheese!
    Cymru Am Byth

PJ albums, at the moment!! -
    1,Vs 2,Vitalogy 3,No Code 4,Yield 5,Ten 6,Backspacer, 7Pearl Jam 8,Binaural 9,Riot Act.
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    dead man walking
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Singles

/thread
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    I know alot of you hate it but I still listen to the Into The Wild soundtrack almost every single day......it just doesnt get old.

:eek: Who hates it?! I personally love it.

And yeah it doesn't get much better than the Singles Soundtrack. I'm also partial to the The Crow soundtrack - some great shit on there.
  • CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=vD7mt8F4Yiw

:D

I love this soundtrack!
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    The "I'm Not There" soundtrack is pretty good. It's way too bloated as a double-disc album, but there are enough good tracks to make a killer single-disc album.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    My favorites are:

Singles
    The Harder They Come
    Jackie Brown
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Brain Of EBrain Of E Posts: 499
    My faves are:

Natural Born Killers
    Lost Highway
    The Crow
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,978
    besides those already mentioned....

Falling from Grace - John Mellencamp and friends

Phenomenon - Travolta movie

I really love FFG!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,854
    I know alot of you hate it but I still listen to the Into The Wild soundtrack almost every single day......it just doesnt get old.

Into the Wild is pretty good. I have only two complaints:

1) in most cases, the songs are way too short. the first two songs run under two minutes. the complete running time for the "album" is 33 minutes...that's including the silence during Guaranteed.

2) the "Society" lyrics are the worst I've ever heard. the music's not bad. but the lyrics...."society, you're a crazy breed. I hope you're not lonely without me." wow. the worst thing about it is that this song is obviously supposed to be taken seriously. not a bad song...but Ed should have re-wrote the lyrics.

"there's those thinking more or less less is more
    but if less is more how you're keeping score?
    Means for every point you make
    your level drops
    kinda like its starting from the top"

I have a feeling that this will be the only Jerry Hannah song I ever hear in my life.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    The Crow is a good call ...

other I like that jump out in my mind ...

Basketball Diaries
    Kids
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Some of my favorites;

Batman Begins
    The Fountain
    Blade Runner
    Requiem for a Dream
    Mulholland Drive
    Almost Famous
    Into the Wild
    High Fidelity
    Singles
    Death Proof

• markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,141
    I have:
    American Pie
    The Crow
    End of Days
    Godzilla
    Into the Wild
    Singles
    Spawn

I listen to The Crow, Into the Wild, and Singles cds a lot more than the others. Every now and then I play the Godzilla cd for the Rage Against the Machine and Ben Folds Five songs.
    Into the Wild is pretty good. I have only two complaints:

1) in most cases, the songs are way too short. the first two songs run under two minutes. the complete running time for the "album" is 33 minutes...that's including the silence during Guaranteed.

It's meant to be listened to as a whole though, and there's no denying how perfectly these songs fit together.

2) the "Society" lyrics are the worst I've ever heard. the music's not bad. but the lyrics...."society, you're a crazy breed. I hope you're not lonely without me." wow. the worst thing about it is that this song is obviously supposed to be taken seriously. not a bad song...but Ed should have re-wrote the lyrics. .

"Worst I've ever heard" - Really?! Not heard much music then? They are far from awful, and sometimes a simple sentiment like that needs to be put in a simple way. More to the point, I think the line "I hope you're not lonely without me" very closely echoes the feelings McCandless had (as portrayed in the film/book). Plus, let's not forget that Ed has dropped some clunkers in his time too!
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Batman (really, most Danny Elfman soundtracks are very good)
    Last Temptation of Christ (Peter Gabriel)
    Oh Brother Where Art Thou? (various)
    Jazz Singer (Neil Diamond)
    Lord of the Rings
    and any Quentin Tarantino soundtrack, they're all good.

(As previously mentioned, Into the Wild and I'm Not There are both great discs too).
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,854

"Worst I've ever heard" - Really?! Not heard much music then? They are far from awful, and sometimes a simple sentiment like that needs to be put in a simple way.

I'm all for simple statements but this song is just so generic. It explores some good themes I guess. But I just hate the words. Story by Jerry Hannah, Screenplay by Eddie Vedder would've worked better here I guess

Worst lyrics I've ever heard for what it's TRYING to be. people would say that the lyrics to Nookie by limp bizkit are worse but at least they're exactly what a dumb ass song about nookie should be.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    I'm all for simple statements but this song is just so generic. It explores some good themes I guess. But I just hate the words. Story by Jerry Hannah, Screenplay by Eddie Vedder would've worked better here I guess

Worst lyrics I've ever heard for what it's TRYING to be. people would say that the lyrics to Nookie by limp bizkit are worse but at least they're exactly what a dumb ass song about nookie should be.

well what's so awful about them then?
  • JellyrollsJellyrolls Posts: 523
    If I were you led, I would just stop trying. You can't critique anything to do with Pearl Jam on this forum! I have found that out the hard way, and have seen many people cussed out for simply saying they didn't like something by Pearl Jam.
    Jellyrolls wrote:
    If I were you led, I would just stop trying. You can't critique anything to do with Pearl Jam on this forum! I have found that out the hard way, and have seen many people cussed out for simply saying they didn't like something by Pearl Jam.

Actually if you read my first response, I said I thought Ed has written some clunky lines himself - I'm far from some PJ nazi who won't hear a bad word against them. I just find the two points he/she made to be kind of lazy and generic, plus the fact that some of the songs are short, has been talked into the ground.
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • MohabMohab Posts: 310
    zabriskie point for the floyd
  • mbangel10mbangel10 Posts: 548
    Empire Records
    The Breakfast Club
    8 Mile
    Garden State

I don't believe these have been mentioned yet.
    Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Zbigniew Preisner's film scores for Kieslowski's Three Colours films are beautiful.

Also, Buffalo 66 and The Brown Bunny.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    Mohab wrote:
    zabriskie point for the floyd

Excellent!
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Judgment Night
    Snatch
    Chicago 8-23-09

• nocode23nocode23 Posts: 411
    Purple Rain :D
  • Oh Brother Where Art Thou!!!

I don't have another CD that sounds remotely like this one.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bANZUyVf0nM
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    4/10/2008 EV Solo (****1/2)
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
    10/6/2009 LA III (***** Cornell!!!)