The Doors

pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
edited December 2007 in Other Music
Love this band, I really wish that there was more live footage of them. I know most will disagree here but I think The Doors are the second most important band of all time next to The Beatles. Its crazy to think that my dad saw them and Jimi Hendrix in the same concert, oddly enough both were the first classic rock bands I started listening to when I broke out of the phase of only listening to music that was from my generation.
Alpine Valley 2000
Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I think The Doors are the second most important band of all time next to The Beatles.

I don't they're the second most 'important' band of all time. It's hard to put them over Zeppelin, the Rolling Stones (who I don't even like), or the Jimi Hendrix Experience. that being said, the Doors are fucking great. They have a sound all their own. And they put out six kick ass albums in a span of a mere four years. They're awesome. Ray Manzarek is the most underrated musician ever.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • I've liked the doors for a while but lately they have been one of the most played bands on my itunes....i think they were deffinantly in the top 10 most important bands because jim morrison's lyrics were like none other during that time
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i'm a big Doors fan... have been for years. i've been digging "My Wild Love", "The Spy" and "Maggie M'Gill" lately.
  • Now, there's one band I found myself growing out of and being embarrassed to say I liked, pretty quickly.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Does anybody know if Jim was as out of touch with reality as the movie The Doors made him to be? It seemed like every single time anybody tried to hold a conversation with him that he would start speaking random poetry or complete nonsense.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• Does anybody know if Jim was as out of touch with reality as the movie The Doors made him to be? It seemed like every single time anybody tried to hold a conversation with him that he would start speaking random poetry or complete nonsense.

i don't think he was. oliver stone chose to focus on jim morrison as an addict rather than as a musician or as a person, and a lot of people were pissed off about that.

it was entertaining though, i'll give the movie that much credit.
  • the LA woman album is awesome. i spin that record a lot.

the changeling
    been down so long
    crawling king snake

those 3 kick!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    the LA woman album is awesome. i spin that record a lot.

the changeling
    been down so long
    crawling king snake

those 3 kick!
    Cars Hiss By My Window and The Wasp!!!!!!!!!!!
  • brilliant! im a massive fan.
    fav song is break on through!!ooo and love streets really catchy stays in ya head for days
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Whats everyones top 10 songs from them?

The End
    Backdoor Man
    Five To One
    Roadhouse Blues
    Not To Touch The Earth
    Riders On The Storm
    When The Musics Over
    LA Woman
    Hello, I Love You
    Peace Frog

Damn, that was so hard to make
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,261
    i was listening to

Peace Frog and Yes, The River Knows today....amazing
  • pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    Showing my love for the Doors right here! Alright! ;)
  • Whats everyones top 10 songs from them?

The End
    Backdoor Man
    Five To One
    Roadhouse Blues
    Not To Touch The Earth
    Riders On The Storm
    When The Musics Over
    LA Woman
    Hello, I Love You
    Peace Frog

Damn, that was so hard to make

what is with you and top tens?
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • top 5:

break on through
    love street
    touch me
    spanish caravan
    hello i love you

I cant think up to ten!
  • One of my favourite bands. I like Morrison Hotel the best.
  • the keyboard player (dunno his name) was really good in the doors. Jim Morrison was very very VERY HOT!
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    their music is timeless..

my favorites:

when the music's over
    crystal ship (a thousand girls.. a thousand thrills!)
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    i don't think he was. oliver stone chose to focus on jim morrison as an addict rather than as a musician or as a person, and a lot of people were pissed off about that.

it was entertaining though, i'll give the movie that much credit.
    The movie was full of lies. Great band, enough said.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • the film focused on jims sex life more than the music!
  • Love this band, I really wish that there was more live footage of them. I know most will disagree here but I think The Doors are the second most important band of all time next to The Beatles. Its crazy to think that my dad saw them and Jimi Hendrix in the same concert, oddly enough both were the first classic rock bands I started listening to when I broke out of the phase of only listening to music that was from my generation.

"2nd most important band of all time" ???

WTF!!?? I just don't get that, at all... :(