Rivers Cuomo

pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
edited December 2007 in Other Music
Anybody check out the new disc? Got a bad review from Rolling Stone but I dont really trust them considering they give Paris Hilton, Linkin Park, and other trash like that good reviews. What do you guys think of it?
Alpine Valley 2000
Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Anybody check out the new disc? Got a bad review from Rolling Stone but I dont really trust them considering they give Paris Hilton, Linkin Park, and other trash like that good reviews. What do you guys think of it?
    Paris Hilton- really? I'm glad that I missed that one
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • It's like With the Light Out (Nirvana). A whole bunch of unreleased demos (including stuff from Songs From the Black Hole). I like it--it's really cool hearing all this stuff he's recorded over the years. Some of it is out of time or key or really fucking weird, but it doesn't matter. It like he's playing for you in his room or something.

I think a bunch of people are expecting polished and mixed songs so if that's the case you'll be disappointed.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    LukinFan wrote:
    Paris Hilton- really? I'm glad that I missed that one

I think they gave her 3 stars or something, sure its not 5 but its alot higher than they have given some really quality stuff
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    danny72688 wrote:
    It's like With the Light Out (Nirvana). A whole bunch of unreleased demos (including stuff from Songs From the Black Hole). I like it--it's really cool hearing all this stuff he's recorded over the years. Some of it is out of time or key or really fucking weird, but it doesn't matter. It like he's playing for you in his room or something.

I think a bunch of people are expecting polished and mixed songs so if that's the case you'll be disappointed.
    is the quality better than WTLO?

i've got a cd by ben gibbard from death cab solo called all-time quarterback, same sort of deal, bedroom recordings, and i can't even listen to it :(
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    i was thinking about picking this up tomorrow when christmas shopping (assuming i don't blow all my money). any reviews here would be appreciated.
  • itsevobaby wrote:
    is the quality better than WTLO?

i've got a cd by ben gibbard from death cab solo called all-time quarterback, same sort of deal, bedroom recordings, and i can't even listen to it :(
    Some of the recordings are near studio, most are I'd say a bit better quality than Kurt's demos (The Bomb sounds like absolute shit though, very poor quality). The obscure songs are better than Kurt's weirdos I'll say that much. I think the vocals are actually kinda bad, he does some good stuff in the studio with them for Weezer albums.

Oh.....and this disc definitely shows me that he is Weezer.
  • Anybody check out the new disc? Got a bad review from Rolling Stone but I dont really trust them considering they give Paris Hilton, Linkin Park, and other trash like that good reviews. What do you guys think of it?

I picked it up, if you are a Weezer fan, you'll like it. BTW, Rolling Stone rated Pinkerton as one of the worst albums of the year when it was released. They have had 0 credibility with me since.
  • RockKingRockKing Posts: 431
    It's purely for Weezer fans. Weezer fans will dig it, everyone else won't. Simple as that.
    --"I'm like an opening band for the sun"

--"We’re taking pills to get along with life… the pills are YIELD and PJ’s music. Then we create words to call our own = our analysis of YIELD." - YIH