Local H

pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
edited April 2007 in Other Music
Awesome and very underrated band, known about them for a long time but just started digging deeper into their music and just about all of it is really good.
Alpine Valley 2000
Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Dick JonesDick Jones Posts: 777
    I'm a fan. All their albums are pretty good. Scott is an incredible song writer. Good ol' rock and roll right there.

Pack Up The Cats
    As Good As Dead
    Here Comes The Zoo

All very solid albums.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    ever seen em live?
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

I can't remember how many times. 15?
    Dick Jones wrote:
    I can't remember how many times. 15?

Awesome, I am thinking of checkin them out this month
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

Have you seen them yet?

They have a new song up on their myspace page, "Them's Fightin' Words", I'm indifferent to it. PJ Soles was pretty decent. I have a feeling I might not like the new one if TFW is any insight.
    Dick Jones wrote:
    Have you seen them yet?

They have a new song up on their myspace page, "Them's Fightin' Words", I'm indifferent to it. PJ Soles was pretty decent. I have a feeling I might not like the new one if TFW is any insight.

No I havent, I still fairly new to them.........only have heard a few songs by them until just lately
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

No I havent, I still fairly new to them.........only have heard a few songs by them until just lately

Well, As Good As Dead is a great place to start.

What have you heard?
    Dick Jones wrote:
    Well, As Good As Dead is a great place to start.

What have you heard?

That whole album, Hand on the Bible and All the Kids are Right
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

That whole album, Hand on the Bible and All the Kids are Right

Hands On The Bible is a big fan fave at the shows. As is High-Fivin MF, Bound For The Floor.

Ham Fisted was there debut, and for a debut it is fucking awesome. Think early Nirvana type of rock. Front to back it is great though.

Then go on to Pack Up The Cats and Here Comes The Zoo.
  • I used to be so into this band! I haven't given them a good listen in ages...I'll have to get to that.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
    It's nice to bust them out every once in a while.
  • edstonededstoned Posts: 69
    I believe the new album is in the can, just shopping labels currently. Isn't that what Scott said Dick jones??? Really looking forward to it. Great live act, very powerful for just 2 guys.
    "He who forgets, will be destined to remember"

69 shows and counting.....
    edstoned wrote:
    I believe the new album is in the can, just shopping labels currently. Isn't that what Scott said Dick jones??? Really looking forward to it. Great live act, very powerful for just 2 guys.

He said they are sending songs to a guy in VA as they are finishing them. The guy in VA is mastering them. The whole cd is not finished. And yeah they are shopping for a label.

Very powerful indeed for two guys, Brian St. Clair is one of the best live drummers I've seen.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    There is some pretty interesting shows on http://www.archive.org, including shows where they play nothing but Oasis or Nirvana songs, great band, need to get Hamfisted and PJ Soles.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Dick Jones wrote:
    Pack Up The Cats
    Here Comes The Zoo

these 2 are hands down my favorite albums by them. i've seen them live 4 or 5 times and every time it seemed they somehow got better.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • oh man I can't kiss this band's ass enough. I've been lucky enough to see them twice, I absolutely love the tv on the radio cover, blib aka them's fighting words is the jam. Have any of you heard michelle or blur now those are fucking cool songs as well. The only song that kinda scares me is summer boats. Supposidly the new album is 75% done and scott keeps going to the studio (thousand yen i believe) when its unoccupied for free studiotime. According to Scott they have worked with 4 or 5 enginers, and they keep sending rough mixes to some gentlemen in virginia who is really bringing out the poppy local h sound that has been gone for soo long.