STP - Dancing Days cover

pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
edited April 2008 in Other Music
Not only do I think this is better than the original but I think it may be one of my favorite covers ever, I think its been years since I have listened to this

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MP2TOrenkDQ
Alpine Valley 2000
Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    Great cover indeed!
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Not only do I think this is better than the original but I think it may be one of my favorite covers ever, I think its been years since I have listened to this

I'm beginning to think we have more similar tastes in music than I originally assumed.

I was just talking with a coworker about the Econmium (sp?) Led Zeppelin tribute album that came out in the late 90's. We were talking about Led Zeppelin covers in general and I say this is my favorite. I probably like this better than the original also.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    gabers wrote:
    I'm beginning to think we have more similar tastes in music than I originally assumed.

I was just talking with a coworker about the Econmium (sp?) Led Zeppelin tribute album that came out in the late 90's. We were talking about Led Zeppelin covers in general and I say this is my favorite. I probably like this better than the original also.

Any other good covers on that?
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    it almost sounds like the original with scott singing over.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
    it almost sounds like the original with scott singing over.

Its different enough
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• Yes its good, the same could also be said for their Beatles cover.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • i saw stp do revolution at a john lennon tv special that was taped at radio city. it was fucking amazing! i've seen them a few times, but never got to see them do dancing days.
    "and onward goes this thing of ours."

Paulie "Walnuts" Gualtieri
    Yes its good, the same could also be said for their Beatles cover.

Just listened to it, excellent.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• i saw stp do revolution at a john lennon tv special that was taped at radio city. it was fucking amazing! i've seen them a few times, but never got to see them do dancing days.

Hey you know what I listen to alot, 12 Bar Blues from Weiland, especially the song called divider. Real classy shit.

no more shows
  • Just listened to it, excellent.

The same way they descibed dancing days, perfectly just like it but, differant enough.

no more shows
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Love this cover, and yeah I probably prefer it to the original too.
  • I always liked Blind Melons cover of Out On The Tiles on that album.
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Any other good covers on that?

I just dusted this one off, I haven't listened to it for quite a while. There are 12 songs on the album and I'd say these were also pretty good covers:

4 Non Blondes - Misty Mountain Hop
    Big Head Todd & the Monsters - Tangerine
    Duran Duran - Thank You
    Blind Melon - Out on the Tiles
    Cracker - Good Times Bad Times

Look for this in the used/clearance bins. I'd bet you can find it for dirt cheap.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    gabers wrote:
    I just dusted this one off, I haven't listened to it for quite a while. There are 12 songs on the album and I'd say these were also pretty good covers:

4 Non Blondes - Misty Mountain Hop
    Big Head Todd & the Monsters - Tangerine
    Duran Duran - Thank You
    Blind Melon - Out on the Tiles
    Cracker - Good Times Bad Times

Look for this in the used/clearance bins. I'd bet you can find it for dirt cheap.

good call.

and stp is pretty not to bad.
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    Dancing Days is a great cover.

One of the best things i've ever seen was when they opened the show I was at on one of their last tours with a 15 minute take of "shine on you crazy diamond"

It was amazing
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683

Along with the Blind Melon cover it was the stand-out for me on that tribute album, but...........are you fer-fuckin' crazy!! Sexless and slow-paced when in comparison. The original is there on your link,though, if it's what you think then I'm sure you won't change your mind.
  • I used to be obsessed with this cover when I was in high school. I haven't listened to it in years though, but now I am eager to redownload it. Kudos for the cool thread.

Three crooked hearts, swirls all around

You can't spell Gossard without G-O-D
    I used to be obsessed with this cover when I was in high school. I haven't listened to it in years though, but now I am eager to redownload it. Kudos for the cool thread.

Would you be willing to send it my way?
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    its a great fit for STP... if i didnt know better it could pass for an original of theirs...

better than the original?... i would hesitate to say that

but definitely great!
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    gabers wrote:

could somebody up this whole album and any other STP covers you can gather onto mediafire and share with all of us?? :D

THANKS!
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/