Interpol - Heinrich Maneuver

pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
edited June 2007 in Other Music
Im not sure if its just me but I am a bit disappointed by this song. I am a bit worried about the new album because I think this is the only song I dont really like much by them.
Alpine Valley 2000
Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    What do you guys think of the song?
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I actually just heard it...they sound different.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • StellyStelly Posts: 170
    I think the new album sounds like a Killers CD.

That was not a compliment.
    8/22/98 - Toronto
    8/26/98 - Cleveland
    10/7/00 - Detroit
    4/25/03 - Cleveland
    6/23/06 - Pittsburgh
    Stelly wrote:
    I think the new album sounds like a Killers CD.

That was not a compliment.

you're right..well at least what I heard.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • where can i hear the song... i was worried they'd change.
    This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
  • i'm listening to it now on myspace... the song doesn't sound entirely different and it's not so bad. and it definitely DOES NOT sound like the Killers. the killers suck. i hate them. i hate them i hate them. i hate them.
  • oh, did i mention i hate the killers?
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    I have grew to really enjoy the song since I made this post...........I just hope the album isnt anything like Sam's Town
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    i listened to this one last nite in my house, with the speakers cranked. i was diggin it a lot. nice groove, big low-end, angular guitar parts, pretty much trademark interpol. i can't wait for the new record.
  • FunkdogFunkdog Posts: 85
    i like this song a lot. I grooved out to it the first time I heard it, it's catchy and almost like an extention to antics. I think this band and the Black Rebel Motorcycle Club are the 2 most underappreciated bands right now. If the album is on par w/this song I'd be very happy.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure" - H.J.S.

"I have come here to chew bubble-gum, and kick ass! And I'm all out of bubble-gum!" R.P.
    I wouldn't say I hate it...I need to listen to it again and the rest of the cd. It's just jarring how different they sound.
  • libragirl wrote:
    I wouldn't say I hate it...I need to listen to it again and the rest of the cd. It's just jarring how different they sound.
    they don't sound entirely different at least. but i do wish however they pulled out another turn on the bright lights. that's one of my favorite albums to date.
    they don't sound entirely different at least. but i do wish however they pulled out another turn on the bright lights. that's one of my favorite albums to date.

I actually prefer Antics. But I guess they need to branch out. Maybe it will be good.
  • libragirl wrote:
    I actually prefer Antics. But I guess they need to branch out. Maybe it will be good.
    wow... that's the first time i hear someone preferring antics over bright lights.
  • TaftTaft Posts: 454
    This song grew on me, but it is more on their poppy side and I don't tend to like that type of song by them (except Evil) as much as the darker ones (Leif Erickson, NYC, Untitled, Public Pervert, Take You on a Cruise etc...). I hope they have some songs like that on the album.
  • I want to hear something like PDA, Narc or Obstacle 1... those are my 3 favorites.
    wow... that's the first time i hear someone preferring antics over bright lights.

Yeah, I'm weird. It's not that I don't like bright lights I just prefer antics overall.
  • StellyStelly Posts: 170
    i'm listening to it now on myspace... the song doesn't sound entirely different and it's not so bad. and it definitely DOES NOT sound like the Killers. the killers suck. i hate them. i hate them i hate them. i hate them.

I'm with you...I really do not like The Killers (save a song or two). But in listening to the ENTIRE new Interpol disc (not just the single), that was the impression I got.
    8/22/98 - Toronto
    8/26/98 - Cleveland
    10/7/00 - Detroit
    4/25/03 - Cleveland
    6/23/06 - Pittsburgh
    Stelly wrote:
    I'm with you...I really do not like The Killers (save a song or two). But in listening to the ENTIRE new Interpol disc (not just the single), that was the impression I got.

huh....when does it come out anyway....I'll check that out.