Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
edited May 2007 in Other Music
Just saw them tonight and they blew me away. Tons of energy, great setlist, flawless music and vocals, and they even played an unexpected encore with the fans deciding what they played. Id rate the show a 10 and I urge everybody to check them out if you get the chance because you will not be disappointed.
Alpine Valley 2000
Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    I'd never even heard of them until I heard "Weapon of Choice" from their new album on the radio. So based on that song alone I bought the album, but I was pretty dissapointed. I think there's really only two killer songs on there.

Although I'll probably check out their earlier stuff later as I heard it's much better.
  • karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    I wish they would come to Holland soon and this time really play.
    What you discribed makes me want to see them again.
    God it's been a long time.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    I saw them last year on their tour for Howl but I won't be able to make it to the nearest show this time around..I was pretty pissed about that. Love this band.
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    my friends (LONG time PJ fans) had been raving about them to me for years.

finally caught them up last month at the Astoria.
    the next day I booked a ticket for the Sommerset House gig in July :)
  • toddiet123toddiet123 Posts: 271
    Tons of energy? really? I saw them on tour for the first record and they stood there. There was about 20 people at the show and they refused to pose for pictures.

i like the music but they were dicks.
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    toddiet123 wrote:
    Tons of energy? really? I saw them on tour for the first record and they stood there. There was about 20 people at the show and they refused to pose for pictures.

I saw them last year without having heard any songs before and I was blown away by the musicianship and the performance, maybe they grew better and less bitter? :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    toddiet123 wrote:

Maybe the stage was small because they moved last night just as much if not more than any band that I have seen, I thought they seemed like pretty nice guys too.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    meme wrote:

That is one of the coolest things I have ever heard........actual rock and roll at its finest. BRMC are my heroes.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    good band. i'll be picking up the new record along w/ that new Elliott Smith comp this weekend.
    toddiet123 wrote:

Sounds like they did improve their live act considerably.
    This reviewer talks about how he didn't like them in support of their firts record, but loved them by the time they were supporting their third (that's when they won ME over too :))

http://radiofreechicago.typepad.com/reredesign/2007/05/live_review_brm.html
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    meme wrote:

I think Will Butler from the Arcade Fire did the same thing. And I agree, totally badass.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    toddiet123 wrote:

They were just like that when I saw them a couple of months ago.

They were the opening band so no one was there for them but they were just really, really dull.

I'm not a fan, their music does absolutely nothing for me, it sounds like a repetitive sluggish drone to me.
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    just got the new record and spun it about 5 times on an afternoon road trip. it rules.