Great musicians in bad bands

pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
edited May 2007 in Other Music
I know many will disagree with these

The singer of Hootie and the Blowfish

Neil Peart of Rush

Chuck D...........Flavor Flav has become a joke..........not one you laugh with anymore either

All of RHCP need to leave Anthony Keidis.........his vocals do absolutely nothing for me, one of the worst singers with such a talented band

I also feel that Prince is wasting his talent on the music that he is making
Alpine Valley 2000
Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pearljam0000pearljam0000 Posts: 450

Neil Peart of Rush

Rush isn't a bad band at all. I can understand how some people can't get into Geddy's voice but they rock.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Rush isn't a bad band at all. I can understand how some people can't get into Geddy's voice but they rock.

Im not into a whole lot of progressive rock but it is mostly his voice that kills it for me.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Rush kicks ass.

Prince is one of the most underrated guitarists out there.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    Rush kicks ass.

Prince is one of the most underrated guitarists out there.

I think hes the best guitarist around nowadays.........never fails to blow me away.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    Travis Barker formerly of Blink 182 (now in the crap Blink 182 spin off)...I always thought he was a really talented drummer.....for some reason I've always wanted him and Andre 3000 to pair up and make a rock band.
    "It's all happening"
    Travis Barker formerly of Blink 182 (now in the crap Blink 182 spin off)...I always thought he was a really talented drummer.....for some reason I've always wanted him and Andre 3000 to pair up and make a rock band.

Good one, he is definitely a good drummer, Blink once made decent music but got to be awful around the end and they are horrendous musicians live.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Good one, he is definitely a good drummer, Blink once made decent music but got to be awful around the end and they are horrendous musicians live.
    i tend to disagree, i thought take off your pants and jacket and blink-182 was a much better cd then enema of the state
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• The flutist in Oasis is definately being held back by the
    rest of those hacks.
    Take your stinkin’ hands off me, you damn dirty ape
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    That's the first name that came to mind when I saw this topic.
    Also, I hate the Smiths (mainly because of Morriseys stupid fucking moany voice) but I love Johnny Marr.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • My3rdEyeMy3rdEye Posts: 927
    Mark Tremonti formerly from Creed. Good guitar player.
  • Every member of RHCP (except for Antony Keidis) is a talented musician in a shit band.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Travis Barker formerly of Blink 182 (now in the crap Blink 182 spin off)...I always thought he was a really talented drummer.....for some reason I've always wanted him and Andre 3000 to pair up and make a rock band.

I actually really like one of the Blink 182 side projects, Box Car Racer, but they only released one bloody album. That pissed me off.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • eleonoraeleonora Posts: 3,198
    Scott Weiland in VR.
    I saw them alive and the most I like was their music from stp and guns n`roses.
    I think that Weiland must be in a better band.
    " You, you are so special
    You have the talent to
    Make me feel like dirt
    And you, you use your
    Talent to dig me under
    And cover me with dirt.."
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    i like the music of dreamteather but their vocalist is annoying....i´ll vote because DT be a instrumental rock band...
  • pdh1978pdh1978 Posts: 211
    eleonora wrote:
    Scott Weiland in VR.
    I saw them alive and the most I like was their music from stp and guns n`roses.
    I think that Weiland must be in a better band.

Apparently the new VR album is sounding more like STP than the first one did...

Anyway, my choice for great musician in a shit band is... Baby Spice from the Spice Girls.
    If you all stop hitting refresh for just two minutes, I can buy my tickets...
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,137
    I don't like their music, but I think the guitarist (sorry, don't know his name) from Limp Bizkit is pretty good. I would be interested to see what he could create without Fred "Douchebag" Durst running the show and bringing him down.
  • Peter CPeter C Posts: 237
    I don't like their music, but I think the guitarist (sorry, don't know his name) from Limp Bizkit is pretty good. I would be interested to see what he could create without Fred "Douchebag" Durst running the show and bringing him down.

Wes Borland!! Great guitarist he is.:)
    London 1996 Cardiff 2000 Paris 2006 and London 2007.
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174

Did he not leave them ages ago to go into a band with his friends? Ive never head anything from him but always thought he was pretty cool.

Id say that the guitarist for Electric 6 was pretty good, but that band were awful.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • bucket1988bucket1988 Posts: 212
    Every member of RHCP (except for Antony Keidis) is a talented musician in a shit band.

I agree. I saw them live, and John Fruiscante did a solo song, and he's totally a better singer than Kedis.
    The words you say never seem to live up to the ones inside your head...
  • DR.PJ.MTLDR.PJ.MTL Posts: 37
    Rush has nothing but great individual musicians, all they need is a non-tone-deaf vocalist & song writer. They do not rock, I'd rather listen to Flo Jo scratch a blackboard.

Lauryn Hill of the Fugees made that band. Wyclef is a joke.
    "Women, can't live with'm....pass the beer nuts" - Norman Peterson
    Peter C wrote:
    Wes Borland!! Great guitarist he is.:)
    That's his name...yes, you could tell he was very talented just in the wrong band.

And stu, he might have gone off into another band. I never paid attention to them after Significant Other, so I don't know. I'll have to look his new band up and see if they are any good...
    I dont think that guy wes was in Limp Bizkit for the material they released like Behind Blue Eyes and that one that had Thora Birch in the video, Eat you Alive i thik it was called. I think he left long before all that because i remember they were auditioning for a new guitarist ages ago. I was never a fan of the band really but he was quite good.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
    stu gee wrote:
    I dont think that guy wes was in Limp Bizkit for the material they released like Behind Blue Eyes and that one that had Thora Birch in the video, Eat you Alive i thik it was called. I think he left long before all that because i remember they were auditioning for a new guitarist ages ago. I was never a fan of the band really but he was quite good.
    it's whoever the guitarist was for this album:
    http://www.amazon.com/Three-Dollar-Bill-YAll-Bizkit/dp/B000001Y42

says it's 1997, so that would be before they blew up....I guess it was Wes Borland?
    it's whoever the guitarist was for this album:
    http://www.amazon.com/Three-Dollar-Bill-YAll-Bizkit/dp/B000001Y42

says it's 1997, so that would be before they blew up....I guess it was Wes Borland?

Yeah he was with them for that album and the one after that. I think the newest stuff they did was without him though. Not even sure if Limp Bizkit are still together actually.
  • pearljam0000pearljam0000 Posts: 450
    DR.PJ.MTL wrote:
    Rush has nothing but great individual musicians, all they need is a non-tone-deaf vocalist & song writer. They do not rock, I'd rather listen to Flo Jo scratch a blackboard.

Oh Rush rocks alright, but they rock for me. That's your opinion and I respect it.
  • dirtyshoesdirtyshoes Posts: 27
    DR.PJ.MTL wrote:

while i agree with lauryn hill being what made the fugees amazing, i think pras was a much bigger joke than wyclef.
  • JellyrollsJellyrolls Posts: 523
    Wes Borland
    Drummer from Nickelback
    Flo from Cryptopsy
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,836
    can't believe it hasn't been mentioned but everyone in dmb, including yes dave himself. these guys are all great, they can jam but their music is just boring. it sucks.
  • SigEpCougarSigEpCougar Posts: 96
    I happen to like Hootie..

and Rush a bad band? youre nuts!
    http://www.myspace.com/sigepnader

History is the polemics of the victor...

LETS GO CARDINALS!
  • NickyNoochNickyNooch Posts: 629
    I know many will disagree with these
    Chuck D...........Flavor Flav has become a joke..........not one you laugh with anymore either

Ugh. There is no Public Enemy without Flavor Flav.

911 is a Joke? I can't do nothin for ya man?

Those songs don't exist without Flavor Flav. PE without Flavor Flav isn't PE anymore! Sorry, but I'm a huge PE FAN!!!!

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA