pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
edited June 2007 in Other Music
Amazing song by an otherwise overrated band
Alpine Valley 2000
Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Let's Spend The Night Together/Ruby Tuesday was a great double A-side single, and Between The Buttons was an underrated album of the same period. Brian Jones never really contributed much to the band after that point.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    a meh song by a great band. i'm a sticky fingers kinda guy so...
  • Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
    Amazing song by an otherwise overrated band

The Rolling Stones are a better band than Pearl Jam and Oasis. Pick up Beggars Banquet, Let it Bleed, Sticky Fingers, Exile on Main Street, and Some Girls.
  • who's_pearljam?who's_pearljam? Posts: 2,104
    I remember when that song came out!
    It was a controversial song at the time. The Stones weren't allowed to sing Let's Spend the Night Together on the Ed Sullivan show on TV, so Jagger sang Let's Spend Some Time Together, and I think that's where his first sneery smiley look came in, when he sang that line. :D
    haha,, everyone watching knew and there was this collective connection with a lot of the fans watching.
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    The Rolling Stones are a better band than Pearl Jam and Oasis. Pick up Beggars Banquet, Let it Bleed, Sticky Fingers, Exile on Main Street, and Some Girls.

I own some of those and they still do not hold a candle to either band. I also think Pearl Jam and Oasis have the sense to quit before their time is up.........The Rolling Stones have made way too many unimportant albums.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
    I own some of those and they still do not hold a candle to either band. I also think Pearl Jam and Oasis have the sense to quit before their time is up.........The Rolling Stones have made way too many unimportant albums.

You like what you like I guess. I think you're dead wrong but it's all good.
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I agree, I love this song.

Angie, Sympathy for the devil, and Let's spend the night together" I could listen to those three stone songs on a daily basis and never tire of them.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • hendrix78hendrix78 Posts: 507
    Gimme Shelter, Jumpin Jack Flash, Sympathy for the Devil plus others are all far far superior songs.

QFT. Gimme Shelter is one of the greatest songs ever, by any band. Let me add Paint It Black to the list as well. Let's Spend the Night Together is okay, but it's far from the Stones' best.
    If you like "Lyla" by Oasis I suspect you'd also like the orinial version of the song that's called "Street Fighting Man".
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    midnight rambler
    can't you hear me knockin'?
    bitch
    sway
    heartbreaker

oh yes