BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    neither.
  • 80's had better pop music and some of the best counter-culture bands in history (Cure, REM, Joy Division, Depech Mode, Siouxie and the Banshees, etc).

80's also had hair metal - the entity sent to destory all that sounds remotely good and replace it with terribly written and terribly mixed music. You will have a headache for all eternity!!

Right now we got this indie stuff that's not bad depending on who you listen to. There isn't a counter culture because we're so diverse now with the internet it doesn't matter.

hmm..
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • 80s - when weasels ruled the earth
    00s - it's the weevils' turn
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    80s

80s had punk and the start of grunge and metallica and u2, the rest of the 80s was shit
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    80s

80s had punk and the start of grunge and metallica and u2, the rest of the 80s was shit
    I agree, but also liked alot of that other "shit" too.
    I don't listen to commercial radio at all and don't like MtVso I am not really in touch with the 00's only because most of what I hear stinks.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    oppie1 wrote:
    80's were great for 1 hit wonders...

but the 00's have more solid bands

hahahahaha.....oh you're serious....:eek:

80's kicked ass....:D
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    90's, please.
  • Evensolo05Evensolo05 Posts: 118
    time will be a better judge i believe, but at the minute i would say the eighties, since i was made in the eighties :P
    no additives, preservatives, or artificial colouring
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I see both decades very similar. Horrible music on the radio great bands that are lesser known.

I'll go with 00's although it is close.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    Me and my mullet are going with the 80's.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • (hi everyone, i'm new to the Pit)

the 80s were an absolutely horrid decade: the culture was so terrible (fashions were ugly and the overall attitude sucked). heavy/hair metal was an abomination that never should've happened. the only good music came from counterculture bands like the smiths, bauhaus, joy division, and the cure. queen made great music, and early grunge music and the underground punk/hardcore scene were great.

the 00s are a bit better: we got advanced technology and the internet, which is awesome. but pop culture, tv, and music now suck. i don't even listen to the radio anymore. there are a few exceptions; some indie bands out there are really good. but i'd rather avoid the rest.

all my favorite music comes from the 90s or before the 80s. *sigh* i miss the 90s....those were the good old days.

80s vs. 00s? i guess i'd have to go with the 80s, because of the counterculture music
  • Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
    The 80's had GnR, Metallica, Prince, NWA, Public Enemy, Ice T ,Michael Jackson, and U2. The 00's have a bunch of faggy emo bands, overglorified retro rock acts like The White Stripes/Arctic Monkeys/The Strokes, and in rap we've got utter fucking shit like 50 Cent and the G Unit.
  • moeaholicmoeaholic Posts: 535
    no contest, the '80s. then again, that was the time i was going through junior high/high school. i hate saying the cliched line, but it's the soundtrack of my younger life. so many songs bring back so many great memories.

today's music....i can't tell one band from the other, and i really can't stand a lot of the music on the radio. that's not to say i don't like any current bands. i just connect more with 80's music than i do with the young bands of today.
    "PC Load Letter?! What the fuck does that mean?"
    ~Michael Bolton
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    moeaholic wrote:
    no contest, the '80s. then again, that was the time i was going through junior high/high school. i hate saying the cliched line, but it's the soundtrack of my younger life. so many songs bring back so many great memories.

today's music....i can't tell one band from the other, and i really can't stand a lot of the music on the radio. that's not to say i don't like any current bands. i just connect more with 80's music than i do with the young bands of today.

+1
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    '80s

The Smiths, The Cure, Metallica, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and bands like Tom Petty, Rush, Van Halen, The Police still releasing good material?

The '80s by miles and miles.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Why is it a contest? And why do we have to choose?

If it hadn't been for the influences of the 80s we wouldn't have the music we have in the 00s.
    Just as we'd never have had the music of the 80s if we hadn't had the 50s, 60s,70s and so it goes on.

I cannot make a choice. I love music. All of it.
    And I'll probably like stuff that comes out in the future that I haven't even heard yet, from a band that probably hasn't even formed yet. Hell, the kids might not even have been born yet!! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    Pearl Jam didn't even exist in the 80s. I rest my case.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994

cause they got the Mars Volta ; )

Nothing from the 80's beats that IMO
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    the 80´s favs albums:
    Sonic Youth- Daydream Nation
    The Pixies- Surfer Rosa, Doolittle
    Deep Purple's- Perfect Strangers
    Van Halen- 1984
    Guns N' Roses - Appetite for Destruction
    AC/DC- Back in Black
    Depeche Mode- Some Great Reward
    Metallica- Ride The Lightning, master of puppets
    The Police- Synchronicity
    Black Sabbath- Heaven And Hell
    REM- Everything they did in the 80's
    TOM PETTY!
    u2- Joshua Tree, War
    The Minutemen- Double Nickles on the Dime

let´s see the 00´s favs albums:
    pj- avocado, binaural
    a perfect circle- thirteen step
    RHCP- by the way
    Audioslave- S/T
    the strokes- First Impressions of Earth, Room on Fire
    Arctic Monkeys- Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not
    Oasis- Don't Believe The Truth
    Tool- lateralus
    Wilco- A Ghost Is Born, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
    Wolfmother- s/t
    Sleater Kinney- One Beat
    Stone Temple Pilots- SHANGRI LA DEE DA
    the killers- hot fuss
    interpol-
    slipknot- subliminal verse
    green day- warning
    velvet revolver- contraband

if 80´s had hair metal and travesties, today we have dumb emo, flat indie bands and paris hilton singing. finally, i consider there´s a draw between both decades...
  • HaijayHaijay Posts: 378
    Gremmie95 wrote:
    neither.
    second that
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    Well, the 80s did have Nebraska so it must be good. But then they had Born In The USA so I don't know.

I'd say the 00s probably but I'm sick to death of all these indie bands. It's probably becaue I'm subconciously insecure or something but I give me the RAW MACHO POWER of SOUNDGARDEN anyday.
  • TheEvolutionTheEvolution Posts: 143
    With the exception of the few good bands of the day....Pearl Jam, The Strokes, Kings of Leon, Velvet Revolver, Chris Cornell, The White Stripes, and a few others, the mainstream music of today is just shit. The 80's had alot of exciting new genres. Rap was emerging and that was when i really enjoyed rap music. Bands like Metallica, Anthrax, G&R, and others were actually rocking, not wearing spandex and aqua net. Prince and Michael Jackson were making amazing music. And not to mention R.E.M, U2, The Cure, Jane's Addiction, RHCP, and Aerosmith were all doing great things. And the Seattle bands were all starting to make a rumble from the Pacific Northwest. So i think i have to take the 80's unless somthing really changes soon.
    "Being undecided...it's dangerous. And I'll give you a perfect example: people with mullets, that's indecision."-EV

9/28/05-PNC
    5/30/06-DC
    6/23/06-Pittsburgh
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    80s=all the valid points already mentioned
    00s=The Hold Steady

00s win
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • samquigleysamquigley Posts: 220
    muppet wrote:
    Well, the 80s did have Nebraska so it must be good. But then they had Born In The USA so I don't know.

You have listened to more than just that line, haven't you? That's a fucking great song and I wasn't even born, nor have I ever been to the USA.