Rakim

pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
edited April 2008 in Other Music
Just been listening to some of his tracks for the first time in awhile.........forgot how awesome he is. Easily the best rapper. Eric B had some pretty weak beats at times though.........all that R&B shit.
Alpine Valley 2000
Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,184

*Casualties Of War* is one of my alltime favorites and a song that could placed to Iraq instead of Operation Desert Storm.

Peace and happy 50th b-day to the sign.
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    g under p wrote:
    *Casualties Of War* is one of my alltime favorites and a song that could placed to Iraq instead of Operation Desert Storm.

Peace and happy 50th b-day to the sign.

What do you think of him rapping over R&B music?
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

What do you think of him rapping over R&B music?

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, for me it's all in the lyrics. Many of Rakim's songs are songs I wouldn't necessarily go out and dance to. So that aspect of his work really doesn't matter to me.

As long as it has a good beat with some bass, lots of ((((booming bass)))).

Peace sign happy 50th
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    g under p wrote:
    Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, for me it's all in the lyrics. Many of Rakim's songs are songs I wouldn't necessarily go out and dance to. So that aspect of his work really doesn't matter to me.

As long as it has a good beat with some bass, lots of ((((booming bass)))).

Peace sign happy 50th

Id love for DJ Premier to produce a record for him. I am getting damn sick of him talking about this new record that he supposedly made that was supposed to come out for the last 10 years. If it ever does get released, I have a feeling it will be very bad.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

Id love for DJ Premier to produce a record for him. I am getting damn sick of him talking about this new record that he supposedly made that was supposed to come out for the last 10 years. If it ever does get released, I have a feeling it will be very bad.

When I saw him in DC last year iin the last show of his tour, he said he was working on the album and even played two new songs. I liked them however I wanted to hear them again.

Aw well I gather patience is needed when one speaks of a Rakim release.

Peace the sign will endure

• LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Lyrics of Fury is my favorite song of him/them. Paid in Full is a classic rap album.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    maybe we had this conversation already but yeah, I like him too. My son turned me onto him and then in the "rap music" thread here, someone turned me onto "casualties of war" video which I just love. He is very good. I hear he is working on some new stuff.
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........