Brmc

pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
edited June 2008 in Other Music
Anybody seen them lately? What did you think of this tour compared to the last one? What do you think of the new songs?
Alpine Valley 2000
Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    You mean Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, I assume?

I saw them open for KOL in NYC last year, was a little disappointed. But I have no information addressing your question, sorry, lol.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    MattyJoe wrote:
    You mean Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, I assume?

I saw them open for KOL in NYC last year, was a little disappointed. But I have no information addressing your question, sorry, lol.

Why the disappointment?
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

Well they play well but their show is just not very energetic. They basically just stand there and play their songs. They don't jump around or get the crowd goin at all or anything. I think they may have done some kind of jam during one or two songs but other than that their playing was just boring. Oh, and their sound was really irritating. Grates at your ears. It was okay for a little while but eventually it became annoying.

Sorry to be so down on your band. I bought their latest album Baby 81 before I saw them. I thought parts of it were pretty good. Love Weapon Of Choice among others.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
    MattyJoe wrote:
    Well they play well but their show is just not very energetic. They basically just stand there and play their songs. They don't jump around or get the crowd goin at all or anything. I think they may have done some kind of jam during one or two songs but other than that their playing was just boring. Oh, and their sound was really irritating. Grates at your ears. It was okay for a little while but eventually it became annoying.

Sorry to be so down on your band. I bought their latest album Baby 81 before I saw them. I thought parts of it were pretty good. Love Weapon Of Choice among others.

Wow, you have a completely different impression of them than I get. Whenever I see them, they are full of energy. Each time I have seen them, they have played for at least 2 and half hours. They dont talk a whole lot to the crowd but they dont need to, the music speaks for them. I have been to many concerts and I will say that BRMC is easily one of the best bands I have seen live. I will never miss them when they play near me.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

Well there are always differences between a headline show and a support show. If I were to see them headline I may very well get the exact opposite impression. All I know is that night the crowd (including myself) was really not into it.
    -Reagan
    MattyJoe wrote:
    Well there are always differences between a headline show and a support show. If I were to see them headline I may very well get the exact opposite impression. All I know is that night the crowd (including myself) was really not into it.

I was a bit shocked when I found out that they were opening for KOL. KOL may be more successful but I think BRMC are the better band. The singer of KOL just does not do it for me.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    awesome live band, haven't seen them this tour though.
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    i caught BRMC on their Howl tour. Incredible night, very very long but worth it. But, like MattyJoe, i was a bit underwhelmed when I saw them open for KOL(i saw them in philly), i dont know if thats because i was expecting more or because they simply werent that good that night. i never caught them on the Baby 81 tour, but i hope to see them again soon
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
    I was a bit shocked when I found out that they were opening for KOL. KOL may be more successful but I think BRMC are the better band. The singer of KOL just does not do it for me.

I feel the exact opposite way. BRMC are good but KOL for me are way better. KOL is a little more successful than BRMC, mainly because they are so huge overseas. They are just marginally more successful here. BRMC has been around longer than KOL, which is interesting. The thing about BRMC though is they're from LA and that alone makes it harder for them to gain popularity. The scene in LA is just massive.
    -Reagan
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    MattyJoe wrote:

man, if you are listening to songs like Need Some Air, Six Barrel Shotgun, etc and you also need the band to jump around to get into it ... wow ... how does the music not get you into it on its own?

I've seen them 3 times ... the last time I saw them they were at their best, last October.

I was not a fan of Howl ... thought Baby 81 was a nice return to some hard rockin riffs. Their bluesy stuff is good live ... but, perhaps it throws some people off.

Would love to see them again .... oh, and last time they came through, The Duke Spirit was opening .... if they are still opening, I highly recommend them as well.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Strangest TribeStrangest Tribe Posts: 2,502
    MattyJoe wrote:

BRMC is great live. You must see them as a headliner. Caught them in St Louis last month (er...April) they had an awesome 2.5 hour show and a great mix of new and old and also a couple of unheard test songs.

They're one of my favs to see live. Great energy and great rapport with the crowd.
    the Minions
    jimed14 wrote:
    man, if you are listening to songs like Need Some Air, Six Barrel Shotgun, etc and you also need the band to jump around to get into it ... wow ... how does the music not get you into it on its own?

I've seen them 3 times ... the last time I saw them they were at their best, last October.

I was not a fan of Howl ... thought Baby 81 was a nice return to some hard rockin riffs. Their bluesy stuff is good live ... but, perhaps it throws some people off.

Would love to see them again .... oh, and last time they came through, The Duke Spirit was opening .... if they are still opening, I highly recommend them as well.

Dude trust me I had already listened to BRMC before I saw them and I was kinda into them. They just didn't do anything for me that night. There were a few BRMC fans in the crowd but in general they were not well received. I remember people yelling out stuff like "Bring on KOL!" or "Stop playing!" and they weren't just drunk people either. Their music was boring and unenergetic and they made no effort to get the crowd into it. They just stood there.
    -Reagan