Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
edited July 2007 in Other Music
Easily one of the best bands of this decade, everything they have released is great
Alpine Valley 2000
Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i really like this band alot. Baby 81 was a great record.
  • Dick JonesDick Jones Posts: 777
    Definately not. Their albums are far from great. Some of the stuff is decent, but they get pretty boring, pretty quick.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    I got their new album after hearing 'Weapon of Choice.' Very dissapointed, it just wasn't interesting at all.

Is any of their older stuff good?
  • 1) Definitely not the best one of the best bands of the decade.
    2) Take Them On... is boring and too uniform.
    3) Howl is amazing, however. I love that album. I really wish they would have stuck with that blues/country roots stuff.
    I share a cigarette with negativity.
  • soclosesoclose Posts: 628
    I purchased BRMC around the time it was released (2001 or 2?). There are some great songs on that album, but I find at least half the album quite boring. Still, I've been contemplating another one of their CD's. I may end up buying the new one eventually.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    muppet wrote:
    I got their new album after hearing 'Weapon of Choice.' Very dissapointed, it just wasn't interesting at all.

Is any of their older stuff good?

c'mon, the track "Need Some Air" rips my face off ... in a good way, that song is fantastic ... the new album is great ...

you know, it's all a matter of taste ...

I love the first album (s/t), like the second (Take them on ... on your own), was disappointed by the third (Howl), then this one came back and kicked my ass ...

Yet, another poster liked Howl and nothing else ... all depends on what you like.

I'm seeing them in Oct at the Download Festival here in NorCal ... can't wait ...
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    they are opening for KOL in the American Fall tour.. a good show that will be can't wait :) Don't know much about them but I have heard some of their songs and will be a better opener than Linkin Park :D
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • inmytree1380inmytree1380 Posts: 155
    I have to agree with pjoasisrule on this one in saying that BRMC are probably one of the better bands in the last decade. I'll even go as far as saying I would put them in my top fifteen favorite bands. I really dig their stuff. Their best album by far is "Howl." I do not know too many people who do not dig this album. Great album! Their new album, "Baby 81," is pretty good too. "Window" is probably my favorite track, so go and check that out.

On a side note, BRMC is def. in my top five live musical moments that I've been apart of. They played a show at my university (Slippery Rock University, baby!), and the odd thing was is that only 100 or so people actually showed up to see them. This was odd because they sell out 1500-3000 max. capacity clubs all across the country. I think the band was dissapointed that the turnout was SO low, but they still played a full set and completely rocked the joint. Even took requests towards the end. They hung out with everyone that night and it was just a very unique experience.

Check them out if you havn't already!
    2000: Pittsburgh
    2003: Pittsburgh
    2004: Toledo
    2005: Pittsburgh
    2006: Cleveland, Pittsburgh
    2008: D.C.
    2009: Toronto, Philly IV
    2010: Cleveland
    2011: East Troy I & II
    2013: Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Baltimore
    2014: Austin I
    2016: Fort Lauderdale, Hampton, Philly II, Chicago II
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    "c'mon, the track "Need Some Air" rips my face off ... in a good way, that song is fantastic ... the new album is great ... "

Lol, well maybe I need to go back to it sometime. I like "Weapon of Choice", "Berlin" and "Not What You Wanted."
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Love them. One of the best bands i have seen live ever. They blew me away.
    For serious.
    Take them on, on your own is one of those albums that i never tire of.
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    love this band..great live too

the first album is great, i absolutely love Howl, and Baby 81 is quite good as well

take them on is the only weak link in their career...i would say it is "pretty good"
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    I've only listened to Take Them On, On Your Own. It's pretty good, with a really different sound. Nothing that I'd take with me to a desert island or anything though.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
    DOSW wrote:
    I've only listened to Take Them On, On Your Own. It's pretty good, with a really different sound. Nothing that I'd take with me to a desert island or anything though.

if you like that then listen to the first or Baby 81..similar vein, but better

Some die just to live.
  • bassmac2bassmac2 Posts: 12
    BRMC is a pretty awesome band, love the sound of the ablum baby 81, cant wait to see them with KOL!!
    Given To Fly
    bassmac2 wrote:
    BRMC is a pretty awesome band, love the sound of the ablum baby 81, cant wait to see them with KOL!!

i'm seeing KOL in Upper Darby in late September...I'm pretty sure its one of the BRMC ones. I cant wait.

Some die just to live.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    I have to agree with pjoasisrule on this one in saying that BRMC are probably one of the better bands in the last decade. I'll even go as far as saying I would put them in my top fifteen favorite bands. I really dig their stuff. Their best album by far is "Howl." I do not know too many people who do not dig this album. Great album! Their new album, "Baby 81," is pretty good too. "Window" is probably my favorite track, so go and check that out.

On a side note, BRMC is def. in my top five live musical moments that I've been apart of. They played a show at my university (Slippery Rock University, baby!), and the odd thing was is that only 100 or so people actually showed up to see them. This was odd because they sell out 1500-3000 max. capacity clubs all across the country. I think the band was dissapointed that the turnout was SO low, but they still played a full set and completely rocked the joint. Even took requests towards the end. They hung out with everyone that night and it was just a very unique experience.

Check them out if you havn't already!

When I saw them it wasnt exactly packed either but they played for two and half hours, played an unplanned encore, asked the crowd what they wanted to hear the most for the encore, and rocked out the whole entire time.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson