Modest Mouse

pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
edited August 2007 in Other Music
Took me years to realize this but they kind of remind me of The Talking Heads. Are they an influence of theirs?
Alpine Valley 2000
Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    don't know about the talking heads influence since i'm not familiar with their stuff (yet - i know i need to dig in)

but, modest mouse fucking rocks - that much i know
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • I hated Brock's voice for the longest time, but decided to give their music a deeper listen, and really love them now. The Moon and Antarctica has some truly beautiful music on it.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Dashboard and Fire It Up are two of the best songs of the year. Do they have any other singles from the record besides Dashboard?
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

good news for people who like bad news is seriously rocking my world. yeah

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
    check out this band

• Dashboard and Fire It Up are two of the best songs of the year. Do they have any other singles from the record besides Dashboard?

Missed the Boat is getting spun here as a new single.
  • See this band live.

They're quite awesome.
  • Took me years to realize this but they kind of remind me of The Talking Heads. Are they an influence of theirs?

i loovvvveeeeee the talking heads! i like modest mouse too but i just havent listened to them that much. i have the "good news" album but thats it. i can see the similarities between the vocal style. it seems like an aquired taste to me. i like their guitar work a lot. what other modest mouse albums/songs would you suggest i check out?
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    i loovvvveeeeee the talking heads! i like modest mouse too but i just havent listened to them that much. i have the "good news" album but thats it. i can see the similarities between the vocal style. it seems like an aquired taste to me. i like their guitar work a lot. what other modest mouse albums/songs would you suggest i check out?

To be honest, I dont know a ton of their stuff either but I have been quite pleased with the last three albums, maybe check out their singles first and if you like those, then check out more.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• Took me years to realize this but they kind of remind me of The Talking Heads. Are they an influence of theirs?
    they've always reminded me of the pixies.
    This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    Took me years to realize this but they kind of remind me of The Talking Heads. Are they an influence of theirs?
    I thought the same thing....there's one song especially that makes me think this...can't remember it now though sorry :)
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"