kanye west

LeilaMoonTurtleLeilaMoonTurtle Posts: 1,418
edited November 2007 in Other Music
we do not talk enough about kanye here--so who has his new mixed tape?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    new mixed tape? what's that?

i have his 3 cd's. but i don't know anything about a mixed tape. he's damn good.
  • JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,261
    saw him at a festival last year, early hot afternoon, sun was out, and he came out. his string section and DJ got little showcase parts of the set, and he did the weird dance from Aha's "Take On Me" video to the music on PA..... hilarious!

note: also actually good at performing his own music
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    ...blows!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • new mixed tape? what's that?

i have his 3 cd's. but i don't know anything about a mixed tape. he's damn good.

You should be able to get them here - http://www.sandboxautomatic.com/

I used to get my stuff from hiphopsite.com - They just switched to digital downloads only as of a few months ago.
    NERDS!
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    I like his first two CD's and they are great...though I DLed some of the tracks from the Graduation but didn't like it so I didn't buy it.

For some reason, I don't see him as a rapper but more as a Pop artists. his rhymes aren't fast and the style is different from most rappers. but i like it.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • we do not talk enough about kanye here--so who has his new mixed tape?

That's because he blows chow.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • Kanye is awesome. All 3 of his albums are great.
  • ramborambo Posts: 170
    he is a cocky bastard
    st. john's newfoundland, sept 24/2005
    st. john's newfoundland, sept. 25/2005
  • He's fairly talented, and original for a hip-hop artist.....but his attitude is annoying.
    "It's all happening"
  • I don't understand the fascination with him. :confused: My sis was saying how great his new album is & how I had to hear it. When I went up to visit she played it in the car cuz she knew I was stuck lol, & it was awful as expected.
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • I don't understand the fascination with him. :confused: My sis was saying how great his new album is & how I had to hear it. When I went up to visit she played it in the car cuz she knew I was stuck lol, & it was awful as expected.

Well, 90% of hip-hop/rap is pure shit. So when somebody who would generally be considered mediocre by most standards comes along, they are praised.
    "It's all happening"
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    LongRd. wrote:
    I like his first two CD's and they are great...though I DLed some of the tracks from the Graduation but didn't like it so I didn't buy it.

For some reason, I don't see him as a rapper but more as a Pop artists. his rhymes aren't fast and the style is different from most rappers. but i like it.

there's no doubt he's not much of a rapper. but he's a dynamite producer, can create a mean hook, and has pretty great lyrics. yeah, he's got an ego. but his lyrics also show he's got a pretty self-deprecating sense of humor. he's kinda like bono in that regard i guess.
  • Well, 90% of hip-hop/rap is pure shit. So when somebody who would generally be considered mediocre by most standards comes along, they are praised.

But that's true for most genres of music. There is about 80% of rock music that is completely unlistenable, IMO. Such as everything played on modern rock radio.
  • He's fairly talented, and original for a hip-hop artist.....but his attitude is annoying.

He always looks like he needs to take a dump or he just bit into something really sour. Lighten up Kanye.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • wow
    so not the replies I expected

YAY

I only know a few of his hits, but wondered about the tapes
  • JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,261
    there's no doubt he's not much of a rapper. but he's a dynamite producer, can create a mean hook, and has pretty great lyrics. yeah, he's got an ego. but his lyrics also show he's got a pretty self-deprecating sense of humor. he's kinda like bono in that regard i guess.

took the words out of my mouth.

his lyrics are the main reason i like him now that i think about it.