Options

Isn't Temple of the Dog........

ToeJamToeJam Posts: 35
edited April 2006 in Other Music
One of the greatest Cds you have ever heard? It Rocks!
We all walk the long road
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    oh yes..one of the best cds i own..but maybe not the greatest
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Hell yeah, maybe my favourite album ever, Chris Cornell's vocals are just jaw-dropping on this album. Plus the guitar work is really impressive too. I challenge anyone to listen to Say Hello 2 Heaven and not be moved by it, the lyrics are just heart-breaking.
  • Options
    Umm...yes it is.
    "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" - The Young Ones
  • Options
    reachdown12reachdown12 Posts: 693
    Oh of course! The searing vocals and Cornell's tone, the guitar effects, the haunting yet hopeful bass playing of Jeff's, Matt's drumming and everything coming together as one..just pure passion and brilliance. I could go on and on about this album and how wonderful it is and never praise enough. One of the most, if not best, dedication albums ever created.
    "Everyone wants to be the sun that lights up your life, but I'd rather be your moon so I can shine on you during your darkest hour when your sun's not around."
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    ToeJam wrote:
    One of the greatest Cds you have ever heard? It Rocks!
    Easily one of them. A desert island disc if ever there was one. And times of trouble is so underrated. I think I prefer it to footsteps and that's saying something.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    temple of the dog is wonderful.

bone china,
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    I was watching Wayne's World the other night...I forgot that All Nite Thing is in that movie.

One of my favorites.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,505
    No doubt. From top to bottom it has to be one of the best albums ever.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Awesome stuff!!
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    belfast1belfast1 Posts: 780
    you gotta reeeeeaach down and pick yourself up

*magic*
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • Options
    mookmook Posts: 78
    yeah, it's brilliant. i was just rocking out to it this morning on the tube.
  • Options
    monkaymonkay Posts: 40
    Yeah Baby!!! TOTD AMAZING!! MY FAVE ALBUM OF ALL TIME!! ALNIGHT THING IS AWSOME!! The whole albums has a real spontaneous(sp?) Jamming feel to it!! LOVE IT!!
    http://www.myspace.com/funkymonkay

Please check out my bands website and give some of our song's a listen!!

http://www.myspace.com/dekolta

London Wembeley Arena 2000
    Reading Festival 2006
    London Wembeley Arena 2007
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Umm... I'm not a fan of it to be honest.

It just gets a bit monotonous after a while. I love Hunger Strike and Say Hello 2 Heaven, but the rest of it just... I dunno... I don't like it.
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Jennytree wrote:
    Umm... I'm not a fan of it to be honest.

It just gets a bit monotonous after a while. I love Hunger Strike and Say Hello 2 Heaven, but the rest of it just... I dunno... I don't like it.

I think I fell into that category a few years ago...I would listen to the first couple tracks and then wouldn't venture into the rest of the album.

There is some good stuff on there...Call Me A Dog...Times of Trouble...All Nite Thing.

Good stuff.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    SandruwaSandruwa Posts: 239
    Yess, it is! I love it ... It's one of those albums I still put on now and then ...
    RIP Syd ... Shine on you crazy diamond ...
  • Options
    Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    I love it from top to bottom. Wooden Jesus is one of my favorites and I prefer Times of Trouble to Footsteps. Not a weak track on that album.
  • Options
    KELLYS LEASHKELLYS LEASH Posts: 184
    Yep this album is wonderful totally love Pushing forwards back
    29/05/00 -Wembley
    20/04/06 - The Astoria alley crew + got to shake Ed's hand
    25/04/06 -Jools Show + got Mike's autograph
    27/08/06- 07/09/06- 09/09/06-13/09/06-17/09/06-13/06/07-18/06/07
    ...Three crooked hearts and swirls all around...
  • Options
    InkdaubInkdaub Posts: 235
    Yeah I love it.