TOOL show restrictions

haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
edited November 2007 in Other Music
i just got an email for tomorrow night's show, that you cant bring audio/video (as usual) if you bring your camera it'll be confiscated and NOT RETURNED... yeah okay i can live with that i guess its not anything different..

but i'm not allowed to bring my cellphone either!?

maybe i'm just displeased cause i'm used to good ol' pearl jam not minding if you text setlists or take a shitty photo on your camera phone... it just seems really really anal to me.

and no its not the venue, it says this is above normal venue restrictions.
live pearl jam is best pearl jam
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• hodgehodge Posts: 519
    your cellphone is allowed
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    "the following are restricted items:
    CAMERAS, AUDIO/VIDEO RECORDERS
    LASER LIGHTS or FLASH LIGHTS
    ANY ITEM DEEMED TO CHALLENGE PUBLIC SAFTEY
    CELL PHONES"

"ANY AUDIO/VIDEO CAMERAS CONFISCATED
    WILL NOT BE RETURNED
    THIS INCLUDES CAMERA CELL PHONES"

is what the email read, and i'm pretty sure mine is a camera, cellphone - as are most peoples these days...
    maybe i'm reading it wrong?
  • As Pearl Jam fans, we're spoiled because we are fans of one of the most fan-friendly bands in the history of rock music.
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    lol @ no phones

maynard is such a pussy these days
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
    like... they CANT be serious, right?
    what are they going to have potato sacks of confiscated cell phones?

and what about drunk driving?! everyone lined up at one payphone to call cabs... jesus christ.

i'm kinda at the point where i refused to believe this is true, but this is the email i got from the venue...

this can't be true...
    ...right?
  • is this really hard to comprehend?

you CAN have your cellphone, but you CAN'T take video with it.

If they catch you, they will take it.

Hence, do not hold up your cellphone and take pictures and you're fine.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • Alright, so Tool's a very good band, but come on, they need to get over themselves (yeah, Maynard, I'm talkin' to you.)

Oooh, scary ... some out of focus video might show up on YouTube.
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
    is this really hard to comprehend?

you CAN have your cellphone, but you CAN'T take video with it.

If they catch you, they will take it.

Hence, do not hold up your cellphone and take pictures and you're fine.
    yeah thats what i thought at first,
    but then why is it under restricted items?

can i bring a samurai sword and just not stab people?
  • yeah thats what i thought at first,
    but then why is it under restricted items?

can i bring a samurai sword and just not stab people?

Only with a conseared cally pelmit

hahahaha
    Only with a conseared cally pelmit

hahahaha
    HAHAHAH. omg, it took me a little while to get that...

and your just lucky i'm the kinda half jap who (lightheartedly) makes fun of her own race.
  • HAHAHAH. omg, it took me a little while to get that...

and your just lucky i'm the kinda half jap who (lightheartedly) makes fun of her own race.

i am allowed to say it because i have asian friends. hahahahaha
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    That's weird the venue would send out that email. Like people have said, you can take your phone, but just don't get caught taking pics and video (that's weird though). All security did in Houston was use the magnetic wand things and that was it. I got through with my phone just fine. I was too far back to take any pics, but then again Tools stage set up is so dark I wouldn't have gotten any good pics anyway. Great show, but I wasn't blown away, but then I'm a casual Tool fan.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
    red mos wrote:
    That's weird the venue would send out that email. Like people have said, you can take your phone, but just don't get caught taking pics and video (that's weird though). All security did in Houston was use the magnetic wand things and that was it. I got through with my phone just fine. I was too far back to take any pics, but then again Tools stage set up is so dark I wouldn't have gotten any good pics anyway. Great show, but I wasn't blown away, but then I'm a casual Tool fan.

i really hope its just hat you cant take pictures (which i dont care about, i just want my phone with me)

but its the whole ont he list of restricted items part thats making me question it all
    i am allowed to say it because i have asian friends. hahahahaha
    still doesnt count til you have asian blood!
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    people blaming maynard or tool are quite mistaken i am sure. tool probably doesn't own the music they make, the label they are on does. i am quite sure its the label protecting "their property" putting these ridiculous rules out.

maynard just released Puscifer label free, so i think he is smart enough to know what people want.

that is just my hopeful opinion though.
  • it probably does have to do with Maynard actually.

every time i went to see APC there were always signs on the door saying you were going to be stripped of your cigarettes at the door because there was no smoking.

But it's their right to determine if they want to be recorded, filmed, etc...
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Does Maynard still prance around on a platform in back or to the side of an audience in a silhouetted figure in A perfect circle too or is that just Tool.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    It amazes me how the human race went to shows all these years and only tried to sneak in drugs and alkeehal. I feel shunned for all the shows I went to and actually had to pay attention and not want to worry about hitting record or take a picture.
    You've changed your place in this world!
    even flow? wrote:
    It amazes me how the human race went to shows all these years and only tried to sneak in drugs and alkeehal. I feel shunned for all the shows I went to and actually had to pay attention and not want to worry about hitting record or take a picture.
    i don want it to take pics! i just want it.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,262
    fuck the phones ,cameras ,ipods, laptops,zipptops, what ever gadgets you wan't to bring to a fucking rock show, i for one am glad this band imposes these rules, bunch of morons texting the set list to someother moron who didn't make the show or taking a pict stating hey this is when they played bah bah bah bah ........thanks tool ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • simple question.....

they cant just fucking take your cellphone/camera ....whatever......and just not give it back.....

right???

cmon....that sure the fuck sounds pretty fucking illegal to me....

so what do they do.....confiscate $5,000 worth of cameras and phones per show and split it amongst the security????
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,851
    finally an artist who understands how freaking anoying those cell phones are

leave the phones in the car and enjoy the damn show

bravo mr tool
    fuck the phones ,cameras ,ipods, laptops,zipptops, what ever gadgets you wan't to bring to a fucking rock show, i for one am glad this band imposes these rules, bunch of morons texting the set list to someother moron who didn't make the show or taking a pict stating hey this is when they played bah bah bah bah ........thanks tool ...

EXACTLY!!!!
  • simple question.....

they cant just fucking take your cellphone/camera ....whatever......and just not give it back.....

right???

so what do they do.....confiscate $5,000 worth of cameras and phones per show and split it amongst the security????
    anyone???
    anyone???

buehler???
    buehler?????
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    anyone???
    anyone???

buehler???
    buehler?????

ill give it a shot

yout ticket is a license to enter and use the premises
    the license is subject to conditions
    if the conditions are not met, than the license is revoked

eveyone knows not to bring phones, they are not allowed
    that is in violation of the license agreement
    there is nothing that says you must be reimbursed for damages incurred as a consequence of your attempt to breach the license agreement

basically, you know you cant come in with the phone, so dont bring it.
    they are not offering a phone check, they are offering a garbage can-you throw your phone away-then you can go in.

a little wordy, but thats the gist of it.
  • simple question.....

right???

No, they can't confiscate anything...they can just kick you out of the venue.

Tool has done this for a while now. It's silly I think, but it doesn't really bother me since I don't ever record or take pics at shows.
  • you don't need to worry about texting the setlist to anyone. they have been playing the same set at every show. if you want to know what you're gonna hear, i'll tell you. i am so tired of fuckers holding up cell phones during concerts.
    Can't Touch the Bottom:
    10-20-01/ 10-21-01/ 2-26-02/ 12-6-02/ 12-8-02/ 12-9-02/ 6-1-03/ 6-2-03/ 6-3-03/ 6-5-03/ 6-6-03/ 10-25-03/ 10-26-03/ 10-28-03/ 9-1-05/ 9-2-05/ 7-13-06/ 7-15-06/ 7-16-06/ 7-18-06/ 7-20-06/ 7-22-06/ 7-23-06
    pretty sure i took a 5 hour bus ride up here for a couple days, srry but didnt really want to leave my cellphone at home or in my non existent car. i'm not going to be texting people or taking pictures, i just want to have my cellphone at the end of the night.