Live TOOL! will my five hour drive be worth it? :)

haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
edited October 2007 in Other Music
I missed the last couple shows through Vancouver, now at the end of november i'm taking a 5 hour bus ride up to Kelowna to see 'em with my friend.

We're both pretty excited... but I dont know how they'll compare to the bar that pearl jam sets pretty high for me.
I've heard they're good but often play the same set...

anyways, i'm pretty stoked.
live pearl jam is best pearl jam
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Man! I didn't know they were playing any canadian shows right now! I just looked to see where else....who the fuck planned that tour? Montana, Saskatchewan, BC, BC, Montana, Washington, Oregon, Washington, Idaho? What gives?

um, yes, the drive will def be worth it.
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    i just happened to hear when i turned on the radio at the right time, they're playing kelowna and victoria.
    victoria is way easier for me to get to but my friend goes to school in the interior so thats the show i'm going to...

i dont get it either but i'm not complaining :)
  • theyre super good live just dont look at the setlists before the show or else youll ruin it for yourself , will have amazing visuals and are tight unit live ...

im going to the victoria show btw
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
    theyre super good live just dont look at the setlists before the show or else youll ruin it for yourself , will have amazing visuals and are tight unit live ...

im going to the victoria show btw
    :)
  • They are worth however long of a drive/flight/cruise it would take you to get there.
    I'm trying to drink away the part of the day I cannot sleep away...
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    Yes, but don't look at any setlists, from any 10k days tour show. Same core setlist for every show, since its release. I guess they change their setlist every 5 years.
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    I missed the last couple shows through Vancouver, now at the end of november i'm taking a 5 hour bus ride up to Kelowna to see 'em with my friend.

We're both pretty excited... but I dont know how they'll compare to the bar that pearl jam sets pretty high for me.
    I've heard they're good but often play the same set...

anyways, i'm pretty stoked.

if you live near vancouver, why not drive the 2 hours to everett?

edit : BUS RIDE. no car?
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    They disappoint with their setlists. No need to see them more than once on a tour or even longer. Saw them twice on the Lateralus tour and was impressed with the visuals. They are not the best sounding, but they are worth it if you haven't seen them. I resisted the last tour, but now am seeing them in SLC next month, even though I was disappointed with 10,000 Days.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    I wouldn't take the elevator down if they were playing my building's lobby for free.

But that's just me :p
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
    if you live near vancouver, why not drive the 2 hours to everett?

edit : BUS RIDE. no car?
    wha? its in kelowna... i checked on the greyhound site and it sai 5 hours trip duration.
    and i'm not going to the victoria show cause my friend goes to school in kelowna so i'm going up there. i actually live in the lower mainland...
  • DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    I've only seen videos of their live performances, but what I've seen, I'd say you're in for a worthwhile evening and drive, for that matter.

Too bad Maynard is one of the most annoying fucks out there.

His holier than thou attitude is tough to take sometimes -
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • releesemereleeseme Posts: 387
    They are no PJ live, but good nonetheless. You will enjoy for sure...
    8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16
    \ 4-26-16 \
  • Take the Bus and just go...and don't care if it's the same set...fuckit

Tool is the shit man...

They're like a good movie...you can watch it over and over and never hate it!!!
    the Minions
  • Fucking awesome live! I saw them in Hamilton over the summer and they rocked. Danny Carey drumming is something you have to see live, he's just incredible. As others said don't look at the setlist if you want to be "surprised", but if you don't really care for that then go looking for one. But you will defintely enjoy it!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky...A human being that was giveeeeeeeeeeeeen to flllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    i was a huge fan but havnt listened to them much in the past couple years...
    victoria would have been much quicker and cheaper for me but thats ok, i know the show'll be awesome anyways!
  • yes.
    Maynard is kind of a prick and can be annoying live
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
  • Saw them at the Gorge last year, amazing! And will be seeing them in Spokane this time around! Cant wait, and im sure the set list will be different from the last shows. But yes every show on this tour will likely be the same, with one or two songs changed around per show. I just really wanna hear Wings!
    "Almost unconsciously he traced with his finger in the dust on the table: 2+2=5" 1984
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    wha? its in kelowna... i checked on the greyhound site and it sai 5 hours trip duration.
    and i'm not going to the victoria show cause my friend goes to school in kelowna so i'm going up there. i actually live in the lower mainland...

if you live in the lower mainland, its close to go to everett in USA than kelowna in canada, that was my point. EITHER way you will love the show....have fun!!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • it is absolutely worth the ride. they rocked out for three hours and maynard said maybe ten words the whole show.
  • genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    Im so jealous cause my hubby is going to take the 5hr ride down to saskatoon to see them. But alas I cannot go because I have a small child to look after and no child care once I get there.
    Soooo sad.
    But I have seen them 3 times amd last ime was just last year.
    Waaaaahhhh
    I wanna go too!!!!
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • JamnPearlJamnPearl Posts: 204
    Danny Carey is worth the price of admission alone. I don't care if they play the same songs every night, they all fucking rock and the visuals are amazing. I saw them twice this summer and they were amazing. The show in SC this year was by far the best show i've ever been to, even better than PJ.
  • JamnPearl wrote:
    Danny Carey is worth the price of admission alone. I don't care if they play the same songs every night, they all fucking rock and the visuals are amazing. I saw them twice this summer and they were amazing. The show in SC this year was by far the best show i've ever been to, even better than PJ.

EVEN BETTER THAN PJ...close call, but I would say equals...it's just different...GO SEE THEM!!!
    I'm trying to drink away the part of the day I cannot sleep away...
    if you live in the lower mainland, its close to go to everett in USA than kelowna in canada, that was my point. EITHER way you will love the show....have fun!!
    ahh! yeah ididnt check where else they were playing other than the bc dates- i got so excited for kelowna cause thats where my friend (and most common concert buddy) is at school.
    Although they are good, they do not come close to the brilliance of a PJ show.
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    if you go to just one show from each band, i would say tool has the better live show
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable