i told my friend i'd go see Michael Buble?

haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
edited October 2007 in Other Music
Am i going to be bored out of my MINNNNDDDD?
I don't know if any Americans know who he is but hes this jazz singer from the Vancouver area... he gets played on like, the oldie stations here even though hes like 30.

Anyways, my friend loves him and had no one to go with so i said i'd go with her. Tickets came to like 70 dollars ohhmmyygodddd what the hell did i get myself into?

I've never even ever heard a song by him.
live pearl jam is best pearl jam
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    Am i going to be bored out of my MINNNNDDDD?
    I don't know if any Americans know who he is but hes this jazz singer from the Vancouver area... he gets played on like, the oldie stations here even though hes like 30.

Anyways, my friend loves him and had no one to go with so i said i'd go with her. Tickets came to like 70 dollars ohhmmyygodddd what the hell did i get myself into?

I've never even ever heard a song by him.

If you like big band / crooner style of music such as Sinatra, Tony Bennet, etc. he is the best in the business today! .....I saw him two years ago at Queen Elizabeth theatre and I have to say it was one of the best performances I have ever seen. His voice is amazing and he is able to sing virtually effortlessly! At the end of the performance after playing for almost two hours he put the mike down and sang with no amplification.....I was blown away by how his voice on its own filled the venue!!! I take it you female? so this probably will not be of interest to you......but the other plus to the performance was he is consider a heartthrob by the ladies......so needless to say there were many fine looking young ladies all dressed to the nines for the occasion ;)

I'm going to the GM place show also....would much rather see him in a smaller more intimate venue but his career has really taken off. Last time I checked ticketmaster there are only single tickets left for the show.

Another Buble fact he is a huge Canuck fan!!! the show I saw him before he talked about his real dream growing up was to play for the Canucks and he brought out a replica Stanley cup, a hockey stick, and a ball. He did some tricks with the stick and ball on stage and he was actually pretty good!!!
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    I think he has a great voice!
    I love crooners tho. :)
    Go , have fun!
    I think most music is pretty good live.
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    i just looked him up and i like him, but then again i'm old

:)

http://youtube.com/michaelbuble
    http://www.michaelbuble.com/

he's no dummy. all those great old singers are dead or are very elderly, like tony bennett and andy williams. now old farts have someone new to listen to besides harry connick, jr.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    If you're gonna get laid afterwards because you went with her to this concert then yes it is worth going to go...if you aren't then run run run away!! This guy is talented and he can sing but Kenny G is also talented at that flute or sax thing he plays but I sure as shit don't want to sit through it!....unless I'm gonna get laid afterward :)
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    yield2me wrote:
    If you're gonna get laid afterwards because you went with her to this concert then yes it is worth going to go...if you aren't then run run run away!! This guy is talented and he can sing but Kenny G is also talented at that flute or sax thing he plays but I sure as shit don't want to sit through it!....unless I'm gonna get laid afterward :)

she is female, I think (both females)
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    You're getting yourself into a good time and some fantastic music that you don't have to be a female to appreciate.

Consider yourself lucky.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • he's great you'll like it no matter what kind of music you're into.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • BlyssBlyss Posts: 166
    Wow guess i'm outvoted and i don't mind sinatra, but i cannot stand him his voice irritates me like no other.
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    yes yes i am female.
    my mom went to school with his dad, random fact. she really wants to go. so does another friend of mine. seems my ticket is in high demand.

glad to hear that people are giving him the thumbs up. when my friend asked me i accepted cause i figured hey, a concerts a concert. so it seems i've made a good choice. plus i need something to pick up my spirits after missing out on the spice girls!

who knows, maybe i'll fall in love with him and join his fan club! i mean, he cant be...thhhhaaaat much different than pearl jam live... right? ;)
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    Blyss wrote:
    Wow guess i'm outvoted and i don't mind sinatra, but i cannot stand him his voice irritates me like no other.

Confusing.
  • u poor bastard.
  • blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    My kids call him Mickey Bubbles ... and he falls into a category with Norah Jones, which we call "Sleepy."

You're a good friend for agreeing to go ... it's like me going to the opera with my mother ... which I don't really care for, but have done because it makes her happy. Of course, the last one was Porgy & Bess, which was actually kinda cool.

You're earning good friend karma by going. Consider it your good deed for the day. :)
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    My kids call him Mickey Bubbles ... and he falls into a category with Norah Jones, which we call "Sleepy."

Haha you mean 'Snorah' Jones?

My take is he has a good voice- the aerobic program I teach uses some of his music for routines, and the age 50+ contingent in my classes just love it. My take? He's got a really really good voice, but his style of music isn't really my thing. I'm sure it will be a decent show - he seems good at what he does.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    cool guy; boring music
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • MarblesMarbles Posts: 49
    He is good. (If you like the genre) Walk in with an open mind. Many times, seeing someone live is the best first exposure. you see what they REALLY are, not what the wizards in the control booth make them...