Hey don't knock Creed

2»

Comments

• sorry dear..THEY SUCK! i however did listen to their music and didn't like it. the hate didn't set in until seeing a video. the lead singer might as well have a tattoo on his forehead that says I LOVE MYSELF AND I'M THE MOST IMPORTANT MEMBER OF THIS BAND DON'T I SOUND LIKE EDDIE VEDDER BUT BETTER?
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • haha you people suck. obviously you never realised how much of a joke this all was. all i was trying to see was how many people on here take themselves way too seriously - and this has just shocked me how many there are. i mean far out man. i dont like creed but for god's sake you people go way too far on the hating. if someone likes creed you just have to bag them out. lol. u fucking suck.

and if you still dont believe me that i dont like creed, who do you think made this joke pic ages ago? http://www.supercars.net/Pics?viewPic=y&source=gal&uID=94535&gID=381&pgID=1&pID=14179
  • webberf1 wrote:
    haha you people suck. obviously you never realised how much of a joke this all was. all i was trying to see was how many people on here take themselves way too seriously - and this has just shocked me how many there are. i mean far out man. i dont like creed but for god's sake you people go way too far on the hating. if someone likes creed you just have to bag them out. lol. u fucking suck.

and if you still dont believe me that i dont like creed, who do you think made this joke pic ages ago? http://www.supercars.net/Pics?viewPic=y&source=gal&uID=94535&gID=381&pgID=1&pID=14179

Sweet joke man. Wow do i feel bad about making fun of you now. You really put me in my place. I'm so soooo sorry :rolleyes:
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • webberf1 wrote:
    haha you people suck. obviously you never realised how much of a joke this all was. all i was trying to see was how many people on here take themselves way too seriously - and this has just shocked me how many there are. i mean far out man. i dont like creed but for god's sake you people go way too far on the hating. if someone likes creed you just have to bag them out. lol. u fucking suck.

YOU'RE A CLOSETED CREED LOVER...it's really ok come to terms with it.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    webberf1 wrote:

So, you start a pro-Creed thread on a heavily anti-Creed board (that is the PJ official board) and bait people into telling you why and how much we dislike Creed and Stapp - and you feel as though you got something or learned something from all this or proved something that we all didn't already know?
  • webberf1 wrote:
    do i plan to change people's minds? not necessarily. but i want you to know that there are people out there who know that these guys are up there with the best ever and should be respected as some truly great musicians. And whats the hate on Scott Stapp for anyway? There are much worse singers who get a lot more praise on this site than him - and you know it! So cut the crap and lets hear some cred for one of the best singers of our generation.
    so basically since you like creed, the rest of us should just change our tastes so they match yours. stapp is a tool..not even close to being considered one of the greatest.
    Fav. Bands
    My Morning Jacket
    Pearl Jam
    Neil Young
    Wilco
    Tool
    Rush
    Drive By Truckers

pj shows
    8/17/98
    8/15/00
    8/18/00
    8/20/00
    6/22/03
    10/2/04
    8/5/07
  • YOU'RE A CLOSETED CREED LOVER...it's really ok come to terms with it.
    hehe. can there be such a thing lol?
  • so basically since you like creed, the rest of us should just change our tastes so they match yours. stapp is a tool..not even close to being considered one of the greatest.
    haha. even though this is over, i dont know how even in joking i was giving the impression that i was telling people to change their taste to match my own. you're the only tool here. actually no, pjoasisrule and a few others are as well.
  • the only song i find kinda catchy is "What if?" after that..... nothing.
    This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
  • wow i see some people are still stuck in the "MaINsTR3AM MuSIK is teh Suxx0rs!!111!!1" phase. if you don't like the music then you don't like the music, there's no arguing that so don't listen to it. no big deal but why put someone down for something as stupid as what band they like?
  • JSP552003 wrote:
    wow i see some people are still stuck in the "MaINsTR3AM MuSIK is teh Suxx0rs!!111!!1" phase. if you don't like the music then you don't like the music, there's no arguing that so don't listen to it. no big deal but why put someone down for something as stupid as what band they like?
    you must be a backstreet boys fan..... :D j/k
  • YOU'RE A CLOSETED CREED LOVER...it's really ok come to terms with it.
    i'm a closet christian music lover :( you should check out the other "christian music" thread... ;)

ooh.... i also like bj thomas :o
  • you must be a backstreet boys fan..... :D j/k

haha nah never cared for em. but i'm not gonna knock someone cuz they do like em.
  • JSP552003 wrote:
    haha nah never cared for em. but i'm not gonna knock someone cuz they do like em.
    yeah i hear ya....

did you ever go to a sports message board and notice how ridiculous people sound arguing about who's the best player, athlete... or whatever? yeah, it gets pretty wild.... sometimes these kinds of topics like this one reminds me of that.
  • webberf1 wrote:
    hehe. can there be such a thing lol?
    i had a friend in school this huge rowdy tough guy that loved elvis to death and he never told anyone.we were friends for life and i found out one day when i was at his house and discovered a shitload of elvis stuff jammed in his closet. i mean tons!! i said what the hell is all that elvis stuff in there for? he admitted his obsession and said he threw it all in there because he knew i was coming over and he got really embarrassed and threatened me that if i ever told anyone we'd be fighting..hahaha. i never told anyone but i called him a closeted elvis fan almost every day. the other guys always just laughed but never knew IT WAS TRUE!
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • i had a friend in school this huge rowdy tough guy that loved elvis to death and he never told anyone.we were friends for life and i found out one day when i was at his house and discovered a shitload of elvis stuff jammed in his closet. i mean tons!! i said what the hell is all that elvis stuff in there for? he admitted his obsession and said he threw it all in there because he knew i was coming over and he got really embarrassed and threatened me that if i ever told anyone we'd be fighting..hahaha. i never told anyone but i called him a closeted elvis fan almost every day. the other guys always just laughed but never knew IT WAS TRUE!

thats kinda weak on his part. one of the biggest metal heads i know is a huge elvis fan. and he isnt ashamed of it. i could see hiding your spice girls collection or something but elvis? i dont like elvis but thats me. anyone that would laugh at someone for liking elvis should probably be slapped.
  • webberf1 wrote:

Somebody has way too much free time.
  • thats kinda weak on his part. one of the biggest metal heads i know is a huge elvis fan. and he isnt ashamed of it. i could see hiding your spice girls collection or something but elvis? i dont like elvis but thats me. anyone that would laugh at someone for liking elvis should probably be slapped.
    yeah that's what i thought..no big deal it's just elvis. i didn't like him much myself but it's not like it was boy george or anything. i guess the funny thing was in school he was a real badass listening to sabbath iron maiden and whatnot and to find out after knowing this guy for like 10 years that elvis is his favorite was a shock.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • Scott Stapp's wife probably imagines making love to the "real" Eddie Vedder. Stapp is pathetic. Creed has done one good thing, however. They have validated and reminded me why I have never once spent money on a Doors CD. Thank you Creed. On a different note, I wouldn't mind taking a look at Stapp's ex-wife shaking that sweet ass of hers where she now works at.
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I remember seeing Creed back in 1998 at our annual Buzz festival for 94.5 the Buzz back when they only had "my own prison" as a single. I didn't really put the pj comparison into perspective until later. What I did notice was that during their set Stapp's voice got hoarse towards the end and he was straining his voice. Their was a mosh pit on a section of the the lawn which I thought was funny considering they had the 5pm time slot. As their 10 song set wore on, Scott's voice deteriorated even more, and all of a sudden this trash can goes flying from the pit and nerly nails stapp as they exit the stage. I was like DAMN! That was the first time I had ever been to a show were the vocalist vocals crapped out on him during a set.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • F5F5 Posts: 791
    Godsmack rips off alice in chains, creed rips of pearl jam, puddle of mud rips of creed. Do any of these bands work? NO! They should all be shot.
    Bridge - 10/25/03
    Mansfield I - 6/28/08
    Eddie NYC - 8/4/08
    Seattle - 9/21/09, 9/22/09
    Salt Lake City 9/28/09
    LA 9/30/09, 10/07/09
    San Diego 10/9/09
    Alpine Valley 9/03/11, 9/04/11
    Ashbury Park 9/18/21
    LA 5/06/21, 5/07/21
    Phoenix 05/09/22
    NYC 9/11/22
    Denver 9/22/22
  • Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
    Godsmack rips off alice in chains, creed rips of pearl jam, puddle of mud rips of creed. Do any of these bands work? NO! They should all be shot.

I agree. And how can anyone think that Creed are up there with "the best of all time"? Does that person actually posess ears??
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • aNiMaL wrote:
    While I agree - both Scott Stapp and Axl Rose are among some of the biggest ass-hats in rock-n-roll. The biggest difference is that there was a time when Axl (with the original G-N-R) actualy put out music that I liked. Appetite for Destruction and Use Your Illusion I & II are all great albums.

Dont forget Lies another class album/ep showing a different side and dimention to the mighty Guns.
    Personally I enjoyed the Spaghetti Incident as well, but I often suspect that was just me.:D:eek:
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • webberf1 wrote:

Wow, didn't you just teach us all a valuable lesson......I also think your link between people bashing a shit band and people taking themselves too seriously, is more than a little bit tenuous.

Oh, and for your information, if you wanna stick around here, you may wanna lay off the insults - it's kind of a no-no around these parts.
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    I think the mods should introduced a yawning smilie.
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    Creed are the best band in the world ever.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    How is that sarcastic? It looks like a genuine compliment to me. Or is it just that any compliment to Creed MUST be sarcastic. lol
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Creed is in the past and ancient history. "It makes much more sense.... to live.... in the present tense....."
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008