Just heard Rocco deluca

explosivoexplosivo Posts: 6
edited September 2007 in Other Music
Visited the website.... and they aren't too bad..

http://www.roccodeluca.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I bought the album a couple of weeks ago it is really good. With enough exposure they should be big.
    12/27/91-L.A.-W/Nirvana & Red Hot Chili Peppers
    9/10/92-Singles Party L.A-Park Plaza Hotel
    12/1/93-Las Vegas Aladdin Hotel
    7/10/98-San Diego Cox Arena
    7/11/98-Las Vegas Thomas & Mack
    8/12/00 Tampa St Petes Time Forum
    4/13/03 Tampa St Petes Time Forum
    10/8/04 Kissimee I want the DVD
  • gjemselgjemsel Posts: 77
    Saw him & the band a couple of weeks ago in Idaho. Really liked them. Hadn't seen the thing on VH1 with Keifer Sutherland, so I didn't know the history. Wish their set could have been longer. Will definitely be keeping an eye out for a return to the NW.
    . . . and in the aching night under satellites, I was not received. --CC
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    I saw him open for Lifehouse a couple of years ago. I guess both bands are good friends with Kiefer Sutherland and Jude Cole. The songs were good, but I remember him screaming a lot for some reason, which ruined the songs. I'll check him out though, I like "Colorful".
  • mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    saw them open for keane
    and they kicked ass
    alot of people came for them and left b4 keane came on

anyone into ben harper should def check them out
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    Yes, its a great album. I first saw the documentry and thought the guy was very talented.

Really weird to see Jack Bauer handing out flyers and free tickets around the streets of Dublin trying to get the guy some publicity.

Would like to see Rocco live.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Yes, its a great album. I first saw the documentry and thought the guy was very talented.

Really weird to see Jack Bauer handing out flyers and free tickets around the streets of Dublin trying to get the guy some publicity.

Would like to see Rocco live.

My friend handed me a copy of their CD a few months back, saying "check this band out, I think you'll dig 'em." I let the CD sit around for a couple weeks before I finally got around to listening to it, and upon listening, immediately kicked myself in the ass for not listening sooner. Haven't seen the documentary yet, but I saw them a couple weeks ago at the new HOB here in Dallas (which is kick ass BTW). The album is really good, seeing RDB live is unbelievable. Lots of energy, some cool jams, and a really awesome crowd. I thought the show (with full band) was much better than the solo performance that Direct TV was running for a while there on the 101 channel, just in case anyone caught that.

If anyone has any idea on where I can find some RDB bootlegs, let me know! I've been searching since I saw their show, but no luck so far...
  • I'm totally a fan of RDB. I think the disc is best listened to from start to finish. you know how sometimes you jump through the titles to get to something you like? It definitely has a flow to things and you will get the full effect if you listen to the whole thing.
  • His voice reminds me of Buckley at times - which is nothing but a good thing!