Options

tear gas at 'the exploited' gig!

pericaperica Posts: 7
edited December 2005 in Other Music
three weeks ago (november the 8th, i only got a few extra minutes now, so sorry for not so fresh info) 'the exploited' concert took place in belgrade as a part of their latest tour. a gig was held in a concert hall not bigger than 100 m2, but was overcroweded with at least twelve hundred people. though i never was some punker, they visited belgrade after twenty years, so i had in mind that this was a rare chance of seing perhaps the last true punk band, anyway, me and a friend decided to visit the show.
just after the third song, someone from the audience (later story was that nazi skins did it, but it's just a speculation) threw a tear gas bomb and within a seconds the place turned into hell. at such a small space, with only two narrow exit doors, crowd went mad. everybody rushed at the doors, stepping one over eachother and for the first time in my life me, myself, wasn't paying attention if i were hurting someone else in a maniac attempt to get outside. i'll never forget a small girl lying down on the floor and streching her hend toward me, with couple of people lying over her. i grabed her hand, but next thing i now, i was lying on the floor, feeling other people stepping over me. i felt tear gas many times on football games or political rallies, but it was always on the open air. indeed, for the first time that night i was thinking to myself 'that's it, you're gonna die' - for you desperately are trying to breathe, and with every breath that you take your lungs just take more poison into your body - in such a small room. luckily, no one died that night, but there were tens of injured, and there were pools of blood all over the place.
i was wondering if someone had similar experiance, and i'll also like to hear your opinion on how to prevent sick (in head) persons of destroying beautiful (at least promissing) events and endangering others people life? is it possible at all? have in mind that security was doing their job just o.k.before the gig.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    perica wrote:
    i was wondering if someone had similar experiance, and i'll also like to hear your opinion on how to prevent sick (in head) persons of destroying beautiful (at least promissing) events and endangering others people life? is it possible at all? have in mind that security was doing their job just o.k.before the gig.

What a terrible thing to happen. To prevent it, security needs to search people going into gigs. Glad you are okay.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008