Cornell Live @ Kroq

I Am GoneI Am Gone Posts: 831
edited March 2007 in Other Music
He was just on, performing Like A Stone, No Such Thing, Black Hole Sun, Seasons & Hunger Strike! Did anyone record this by chance?
REMEMBER KIDS....

The Bible is full of lies - Stone is the leader of us all!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Pretty cool how his backing band really does a good job recreating the Audioslave and Soundgarden songs. It's great to hear Seasons again, too... if he plays that in Philly when I see him, I think I'll just end my life right then and there. :D

Oh and by the way... I knew he wouldn't be able to pull off that note at the end of the bridge of No Such Thing live... it sounds great in the studio recording, but I'm 99% sure it was pitch-corrected at least a little bit. Oh well.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Sweet Sweet Euphoria and then some!! Good god! :o The man is not of this earth.
    SEASONS!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: *chills&tears* Completely knocked the wind out of me. Chris sounds SO damn amazing!!! I'm looooving the band too! When the drums kick in on Seasons?? Fuckin incredible. I didnt think it was possible, but this has managed to make me even MORE excited about the upcoming shows. :D This is going to be unreal!!

I also really enjoyed the interview. He seems to be in great spirits which makes me very happy. HA! And that sarcastic sense of humor always cracks me up. *sigh*
    HAIL HAIL the mighty CC!
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Black hole sun was pretty cool with the full band version. Seasons was the highlight though - what a voice!
  • Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
    Hopefully when his new solo album tanks he gives the fans what they want... a Soundgarden reunion tour!!! Chris you peaked as a singer and a songwriter a long time ago, and your solo material is utter shit. Phone up your old bandmates and give us a tour or retire.
  • he sounds better than he has in close to 10 years. he hit the hunger strike notes!!! im really excited about his new album.
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    he hit the hunger strike notes!!!

You sir are tone deaf, it was a great performance, but he did not hit the notes on Hunger Strike.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    DAM!!!!!! Seasons is soooo great to hear again!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shit, he MUST ADD MORE DATES!!!!!! Come to louisville Chris. SHIT!
    You sir are tone deaf, it was a great performance, but he did not hit the notes on Hunger Strike.

I agree, those were painful. The whole show was great up until he started layering his vocals on Hunger Strike. Ouch.
    Matty Boy wrote:
    Chris you peaked as a singer and a songwriter a long time ago, and your solo material is utter shit.

Well sorry, he's no Axl Rose (the king and savior of rock and roll).

:rolleyes:
  • DOSW wrote:
    I agree, those were painful. The whole show was great up until he started layering his vocals on Hunger Strike. Ouch.

Really. I know that I'm an optimist but despite being a bit rough he actually manged to dust of that falsetto (is this the term?) and reach some of those notes which was way better then I expected. Black Hole Sun was damn near to the original.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834

Actually he hit a number of the high notes perfectly (see 2:16 into the song) and for a live take that isn't bad at all. There were only a couple of shaky notes, but considering it was 8 o clock in the morning it wasn't bad at all!
  • Neruda25Neruda25 Posts: 266
    Actually he hit a number of the high notes perfectly (see 2:16 into the song) and for a live take that isn't bad at all. There were only a couple of shaky notes, but considering it was 8 o clock in the morning it wasn't bad at all!

8 a.m. Holy Shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Awesome Chris !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    22 nov. Santiago
    23 nov. Santiago
    25 nov. Buenos Aires
    26 nov. Buenos Aires

http://www.myspace.com/delonelyman
    SEASONS!!!!!

I still can't get over/can't stop listening to this.
    :o:o:o

"Lo√e, you know the word

BTW~ how awesome that he mentioned PJ twice in his interview! ((:D))

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    BTW~ how awesome that he mentioned PJ twice in his interview! ((:D))

Yeah! That interview was hilarious by the way...
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
    I know! He's too funny.
    "HUGS"
    ahahha. :D

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
    DOSW wrote:
    Well sorry, he's no Axl Rose (the king and savior of rock and roll).

:rolleyes:
    I'll have the last laugh when Axl drops his album.
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    forget it!
    i found the answer to my question
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    What did he say about Pearl Jam? I haven't listened yet
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Matty Boy wrote:
    Hopefully when his new solo album tanks he gives the fans what they want... a Soundgarden reunion tour!!! Chris you peaked as a singer and a songwriter a long time ago, and your solo material is utter shit. Phone up your old bandmates and give us a tour or retire.

finally someone with some balls
  • What program do I need to view the file?
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    What program do I need to view the file?

if they are rar files you need to download winrar (it's free to download just do a google search) to unzip them then they should play in most media players.
  • if they are rar files you need to download winrar (it's free to download just do a google search) to unzip them then they should play in most media players.

Oh, thanks. I didn't even realize that was the program I needed. Normally I use a different computer for downloading and it already has that, so I didn't know what was going on lol.
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
  • Finally listened to this and it's magnificant. Cornell is perfect, his backing band sounds like they're incredible, everything is great. I'm finally REALLY excited about the new record.

Man Cornell sounds great.. his voice is so cultured and rich...
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • he sounds better than he has in close to 10 years. he hit the hunger strike notes!!! im really excited about his new album.
    I know! I think he's at the peak of his vocal career actually.. he's not as strong or wide ranged as he was in 1991, but good lord has his voice developed. Seasons is better than the original. BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL. I didn't know it was possible.

edit: He didn't hit that high note in Hunger Strike but he didn't go for it. It's solid.

"Make our day"
  • JackieboyJackieboy Posts: 78
    Hey guys is it only me or is Chris leaving the higher part for some girl?! I definetly think it sounds like Chris takes the lower part!
  • Jackieboy wrote:
    Hey guys is it only me or is Chris leaving the higher part for some girl?! I definetly think it sounds like Chris takes the lower part!
    it's you. Cornell takes all the high parts and gets one of his bandmates (def. a guy and def. needs his mic turned up a bit) to sing the low parts. The backup guy sounds a littttttttttle like Cornell in places but how the hell could you mistake Cornell for a girl? :confused::confused::confused:

"Make our day"
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Matty Boy wrote:
    I'll have the last laugh when Axl drops his album.

Nah, it'll still be us. It HAS taken him 12 years. It may be good, but no way it'll be worth waiting 12 years.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Nah, it'll still be us. It HAS taken him 12 years. It may be good, but no way it'll be worth waiting 12 years.
    And in the end no matter what it sounds like he's still the biggest dick in the music world.

"Make our day"