Aaron Lewis Acoustic Tour

tdubtdub Posts: 226
edited March 2007 in Other Music
I'm going to see Aaron Lewis of Staind tonight on his acoustic tour. Just him and his guitar...no one else, from what I hear.

I;ve heard he does a few PJ songs - namely Black and Garden. Has anyone else caught him on this tour? I'm not a huge Staind fan, but I like Aaron. The promo flyer said he plays Staind songs, covers, and then 'takes requests from the audience.' I wonder how that works? I know he was influenced a bit by PJ, so - if given the opportunity, what song should be requested?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• zendon71zendon71 Posts: 18
    Good question... I was also planning on seeing him on Aplil 1st. I hope he does play some PJ. I dig that dudes voice.
    I'm a Thief, I'm a Liar...
    Here's my Church, I Sing in the Choir.

8/12/1992 Stanhope, NJ
    9/8/1998 East Rutherford, NJ
    9/2/2000 Camden, NJ
    9/28/2004 Boston, Ma
    6/24/2008 New York, NY
    5/15/2010 Hartford, Ct
  • schmoffschmoff Posts: 428
    i saw thim at the borgata last month, very good, he played garden, people just shout out song titles between songs
    50+ shows and lost count somewhere along the way
  • AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,917
    my son saw that here in San Antonio a couple of months ago.. someone gave him a free ticket - he quite enjoyed it...
  • jdub3001jdub3001 Posts: 194
    I saw him last Friday night, and the second he hit the stage some asshole started heckling him, shouting "Play Black by Pearl Jam Fucker!" before he even sat down, and continuing between songs for about half the show. Lewis finally got pissed and told the guy he was gonna play covers later on. He did play black, and 3 or 4 Alice in Chains covers, and Moondance by Van Morrison, and they were all really good. But then he gave a little speech about how much he supports the war and that war is the reason this country is great, and all this other BS that kinda disgusted me. Overall review as a guy who is not a Staind fan: pretty mellow show, great job with the cover songs, but would have been better if that one obnoxious PJ fan had shut up sooner.
  • lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    saw him twice earlier this month (chicago and milwaukee) he played black and sober both nights, plus nutshell/brother in chicago and angry chair/dont follow/moondance/you cant always get what you want in milwaukee.

i've also seen river of deceit, rooster, garden and a bunch of other covers on setlists. heard he has done release and small town in the past as well. its an amazing show if you like his voice and can get past all the drunken idiots yelling out songs throughout the quiet show.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • I really like Aaron Lewis and Staind. I wish he would have came through Pittsburgh but oh well. I'm surprised this thread hasn't turned into a Staind bashing thread yet and I hope it doesn't.
  • stateoflove79stateoflove79 Posts: 2,845
    I really like Aaron Lewis and Staind. I wish he would have came through Pittsburgh but oh well. I'm surprised this thread hasn't turned into a Staind bashing thread yet and I hope it doesn't.

Give it time...

I personally love Staind, Aaron has a powerful voice.
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • tdubtdub Posts: 226
    awesome. well, i'm looking forward to it. thanks for the input. as i said before i'm not a huge staind fan, but i think that aaron lewis does have a powerful voice that, like Ed's, is very moving and spiritual in a sense.
    tdub wrote:
    awesome. well, i'm looking forward to it. thanks for the input. as i said before i'm not a huge staind fan, but i think that aaron lewis does have a powerful voice that, like Ed's, is very moving and spiritual in a sense.

youll enjoy it. i've never seen staind and have no desire too, yet i paid $60 twice to see him solo. i think the band is ok, but i have always thought the band brings aaron down. his voice comes through better when the music is softer, like on MTV unplugged or his solo gigs.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    My friend went to the KC show and she said he did Rainbow Connection.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    That clown is not worthy of covering Pearl Jam..........he should stick to his numetal horseshit music
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    That clown is not worthy of covering Pearl Jam..........he should stick to his numetal horseshit music

"and so it begins"

I'm not a fan of staind though I did wear out the first record in my college days. Don't know that i would pay to see this show but I'm def all for what he is doing.

Have a feeling the drunk "staind" fans might be a little much for me though.

Would like to hear his rendition of river of Deceit f'sure!
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • That clown is not worthy of covering Pearl Jam..........he should stick to his numetal horseshit music

Pure ignorance.
  • stateoflove79stateoflove79 Posts: 2,845
    Pure ignorance.

It was inevitable...
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Pure ignorance.

you would have to be ignorant to listen to music that bad
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • you would have to be ignorant to listen to music that bad

To each his own.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    you would have to be ignorant to listen to music that bad

You'd have to be ignorant to worry about what other people like. If you don't like it, cool. If someone else does, let them.

EDIT: Nevermind. Your screen name says it all. Who cares what an Oasis fan thinks? LOL.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • bestsanebestsane Posts: 131
    Last time my friend invited me to go to Aaron Lewis' show in Los Angeles, but I refused, because I wasn't into this guy. My friend told me it was an okay show, with covers like Man in a Box, Rooster (AIC), Losing my Religion (REM), Black and Last Kiss (Pearl Jam), and to my surprise, he also covered Genie in a Bottle by Christina fucking Aguilera! What the hell?
  • bestsane wrote:
    and to my surprise, he also covered Genie in a Bottle by Christina fucking Aguilera! What the hell?

hey you never know, i've seen dave grohl cover shania twain so there ya go
    ha ha
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • bestsanebestsane Posts: 131
    hey you never know, i've seen dave grohl cover shania twain so there ya go
    ha ha

The problem is the song is Genie in a Bottle by a whore!!! Could someone from LA confirm this???
    relax, he plays single lines/verses of a lot of weird/funny stuff. its not like he's sitting there playing the whole song. here's his set from milwaukee:

Milwaukee 3/9/07

so far away
    please
    excess baggage
    something like me
    layne
    nutshell (alice in chains)
    fade
    moondance (van morrison)
    on and on (stephen bishop-tease)
    desperado (the eagles-tease)
    rainbow connection (kermit)
    you can't always get what you want (rolling stones)
    yesterday (the beatles-tease)
    love song (tesla-tease)
    puff, the magic dragon (tease)
    justin timberlake tease?
    zoe jane
    black rain
    sleeping at the wheel
    epiphany
    angry chair (alice in chains)
    black (pearl jam)
    bong hits for breakfast
    don't follow (alice in chains)