McGregor as Cobain

bdgavinbdgavin Posts: 123
edited January 2007 in Other Music
Courtney Love has acquired the rights to the autobiography on Kurt Cobain and she says she wants Ewan McGregor to play Cobain. McGregor looked a lot liked Kurt Cobain in the movie, Velvet Goldmine. The person that reported this also said "Go back to the time when you pretended Pearl Jam actually made more than one good album." Asshole. This movie will be heavily biased in Love's hands. She probably wants to play herself. They better make it soon, McGregor is getting too old to play Cobain.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    I like Ewan McGregor...

but with Courtney in control this movie is going to be very bad
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    firstly dont worry about the pearl jam comment, cuz everyone knows ten was great and that vs broke all kinds of sales records, so theres at least TWO good ones there. HAHHAHA.

i guess ewan mcgregor would be good, but yeah its gonna be shiite with courtney at the helm.

im glad i opted for the celtic tattoo and not a tribal one!:)
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I hope this won't suck, but it will.

Last Days was good.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • nocode23nocode23 Posts: 411
    Courtney Love huh? Damn. The ole trainwreck herself in charge of a movie. Great...I smell Oscar...Meyer hot dogs! Oh wait, my bad, that's just Courtney standing upwind.
  • CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    Sorry to bump this, but I think Courtney did great in The People vs. Larry Flynt, great performance.
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Yeah, Courtney Love being involved with that movie could only help it. She's an extremely underrated artist, whereas Kurt was extremely overrated. I have no idea why I'd wanna see a movie about him, but maybe Courtney could add something interesting to it.
  • 'live through this' and 'celebrity skin' are classic albums from the nineties. and it doesn't matter if cobain influenced 'live through this' or billy corgan helped with 'celebrity skin'. i don't hear anyone flaming elton john because bernie taupin writes his lyrics to his songs. or liam gallagher not having any talent other than his voice. courntey's gifted. she's a bit of a bag, but she's no rip-off artist and no one writes her songs for her.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    Maybe the truth will finally come out? :P
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    If Courtney is in charge of the movie, then who's gonna kill Kurt?
  • bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,113
    enharmonic wrote:
    If Courtney is in charge of the movie, then who's gonna kill Kurt?

SNAP!!!!
  • aBoxOfFear wrote:
    'live through this' and 'celebrity skin' are classic albums from the nineties. and it doesn't matter if cobain influenced 'live through this' or billy corgan helped with 'celebrity skin'. i don't hear anyone flaming elton john because bernie taupin writes his lyrics to his songs. or liam gallagher not having any talent other than his voice. courntey's gifted. she's a bit of a bag, but she's no rip-off artist and no one writes her songs for her.

Absolutely. Celebrity Skin is an incredible pop album.

As for people saying that Courtney Love played a hand in Kurt's death, there are a few facts which are unavoidable.

1. Kurt left the rehab centre without anybody knowing where he was.
    2. His friend Dylan Carlson bought the gun for Kurt.

Hardly the best setup for a planned murder, when the 'victim' essentially buys the gun himself and nobody knows where he is.

3. Kurt suffered from clinical depression, had a crippling heroin addiction and a debilitating stomach disorder. Add that to an unhappy marriage and a complete inability or desire to deal with his band's success - it isn't difficult to see why he did what he did.

It's easy to see why people don't like Courtney Love. She's loud, obnoxious and power-hungry, but you only have to read through her lyrics since Kurt's death to see how she felt about him. For people to have formed such a harsh view of her is quite scary - do you people know anything about her background? Brought up with no consistent adult role models (passed around between estranged family members, boarding schools and detention halls) left her constantly craving attention. Children are supposed to be cared for by adults, and when that doesn't happen it is no surprise that they go off the rails. As much as people want to judge her and hate her because she was such the polar opposite of Saint Kurt, she can't help the way she was brought up - we are all products of our childhoods.

Psychology lecture over.

Oh, and for the record she will not be starring in the film.
  • bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,113
    Absolutely. Celebrity Skin is an incredible pop album.

As for people saying that Courtney Love played a hand in Kurt's death, there are a few facts which are unavoidable.

Hardly the best setup for a planned murder, when the 'victim' essentially buys the gun himself and nobody knows where he is.

3. Kurt suffered from clinical depression, had a crippling heroin addiction and a debilitating stomach disorder. Add that to an unhappy marriage and a complete inability or desire to deal with his band's success - it isn't difficult to see why he did what he did.

It's easy to see why people don't like Courtney Love. She's loud, obnoxious and power-hungry, but you only have to read through her lyrics since Kurt's death to see how she felt about him. For people to have formed such a harsh view of her is quite scary - do you people know anything about her background? Brought up with no consistent adult role models (passed around between estranged family members, boarding schools and detention halls) left her constantly craving attention. Children are supposed to be cared for by adults, and when that doesn't happen it is no surprise that they go off the rails. As much as people want to judge her and hate her because she was such the polar opposite of Saint Kurt, she can't help the way she was brought up - we are all products of our childhoods.

Psychology lecture over.

Hi, Courtney...welcome to the message pit.
  • bobasfeet wrote:
    Hi, Courtney...welcome to the message pit.

Ah ya got me, I thought I was oh so clever masquerading as a 25 year old man from England.

All jokes aside, there is plenty of sense to be found in what I wrote.
  • Absolutely. Celebrity Skin is an incredible pop album.

Psychology lecture over.

Thank you.

She does write some great lyrics, and people don't give her enough of a chance.
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    Saturnal wrote:
    Thank you.

She does write some great lyrics, and people don't give her enough of a chance.
    Agreed.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    Collin wrote:
    Sorry to bump this, but I think Courtney did great in The People vs. Larry Flynt, great performance.

I agree, she was great at playing a strung out crazy bitch. Kinda like how she is in real life, ...crazy. LOL
  • CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    PJ-Sin wrote:
    I agree, she was great at playing a strung out crazy bitch. Kinda like how she is in real life, ...crazy. LOL

Heard many actors say it's not easy playing yourself.

I just don't understand all the hate.
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • MohabMohab Posts: 310
    thats weak, they need to find someone to match him more in character than someone quite removed from him esp. in fans minds. I bet Kurt would laugh at being played by young ben kenobi though
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    I think that Courtney is very talented and I agree that Celebrity Skin is an amazing record, but she really needs to focus on her own career and stop trying to make money off her dead husband! She released that diary which I thought was in very very poor taste and now a movie...come on already, have some respect for the poor bastard and let him R.I.P.
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra