Rush @ Wembley 1 - Say hello to heaven played in encore break

Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
edited October 2007 in Other Music
So yeah just got back from one of the greatest shows ever... anyone who has seen them will know, this truly is a show..

They played for 3 hours 15, laser show, flames, 3 massive screens, best drum solo ever, everything.

Anyway during encore, there was music and there was some random double bass like prog thing :s then say hello to heaven!!!! i was like woaaw, then after that was some random thing. Anyone else seen Rush this tour and heard SHTH ?

Going tomorow as well :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    Never listened to Rush but that's pretty cool.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    mole1985 wrote:
    Never listened to Rush but that's pretty cool.

oh my!!

Been around for 33 years.... check em out.... start with 2112.. they have about 21 aalbums or so lol
  • mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    I LOVE Rush. I saw them from Moving Pictures thru Test For Echo. Haven't seen them since then sadly.

I wanted to go this tour, tickets were kind of $$ but I thought maybe just getting lawn seats would be ok. I never got them and it poured the night they were here.
    I am going to go the next time they are anywhere near me tho!

And how can someone never have listened to Rush?????
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
    mindi wrote:
    I LOVE Rush. I saw them from Moving Pictures thru Test For Echo. Haven't seen them since then sadly.

I wanted to go this tour, tickets were kind of $$ but I thought maybe just getting lawn seats would be ok. I never got them and it poured the night they were here.
    I am going to go the next time they are anywhere near me tho!

And how can someone never have listened to Rush?????

No Idea!
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    I BrisK I wrote:
    So yeah just got back from one of the greatest shows ever... anyone who has seen them will know, this truly is a show..

They played for 3 hours 15, laser show, flames, 3 massive screens, best drum solo ever, everything.

Anyway during encore, there was music and there was some random double bass like prog thing :s then say hello to heaven!!!! i was like woaaw, then after that was some random thing. Anyone else seen Rush this tour and heard SHTH ?

Wasn't the little movie with the three of them at the beginning of the show cool?

You did pick up on Geddy being the Scottish guy too, eh?
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    I BrisK I wrote:

I heard it on the R30 tour, at the Atlanta show
  • VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,924
    I saw them at the Hollywood Bowl this last Summer. Was an awesome show! They really dug into the album tracks. Wasn't a greatest hits show. They were very tight. Show was about 3 hours. It's amazing how all of that sound comes from just 3 people. Geddy was mostly on the bass and jumping around as opposed to hiding behind the console. Makes for a better show. When I saw the Moving Pictures tour, Geddy hid behind the console the whole time. I thought the performance of Witch Hunt, with the flames was spectacular. Pleasant surprises were Distant Early Warning and Dreamland. Playing the SouthPark clip before Tom Sawyer was cute. I would have laughed my ass off if they would have played the clip, then played something other than Tom Sawyer.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • I'll play "Six Degrees of Geddy Lee" for you, but in less steps. Matt Cameron played drums on Geddy Lee's solo album. He also drummed for Temple of the Dog.

I assume they are fans of each others work.

Personally, I am not a big Rush fan, but I thought Neal Peart was hysterical in the Aqua Teen Hunger Force Movie
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
    heheh cool

well 2 awesome shows :)

Why doesn't Neil ever smile!?
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I BrisK I wrote:
    heheh cool

Did you pick up any of the Rush flyers they had @ Wembley? ... I'm not a Rush fan but was there for another gig last weekend and grabbed a few incase you might want them.

If you got some or don't want them I'll just chuck them.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    I BrisK I wrote:
    heheh cool

He does
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/mindid/neil_grin2.jpg
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    jesus. i only have their spirit of the radio compilation, but i love every song on there and the more i hear about their live show the more i like.
    jesus. i only have their spirit of the radio compilation, but i love every song on there and the more i hear about their live show the more i like.
    Rush puts on an awesome show. I haven't seen them for years but saw several tours and was never once disappointed.

I am regretting missing them this tour.
  • I bet you were chuffed to bit's. What did the other fans think of it? Did it go down well?