Options

Where is ,Alice in chains, Smashing pumpkins and soundgarden get their names from?

Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
edited March 2006 in Other Music
Where is ,Alice in chains, Smashing pumpkins and soundgarden get their names from?
thats the question.

i tried searching google, but i hardly ever got close . Just wandered if anyone knows my question.

thanks,
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    "Alice in Chains were an influential grunge group formed by lead singer Layne Staley (1967-2002) in the mid-1980s as Alice N' Chains before the spelling of the name was changed. The name derived from their early stages as a band when the group would dress in drag at concerts."

Soundgarden: "The band was named after an outdoor art/sound installation called "The Sound Garden" located on NOAA property near Seattle's Magnuson Park which makes eerie sounds when the wind blows."

...from Wikipedia. It doesn't say anything about SP though...
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    as for the Pumpkins...i heard it's cos Billy just liked the way it sounded when a friend of his mentioned it to him when he was a kid.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    i heard the pumpkins , picked it randomly from a dictionary.

and also the smashing is meant to mean wonderful and lovely, not like actual smashing
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    I BrisK I wrote:
    i heard the pumpkins , picked it randomly from a dictionary.

and also the smashing is meant to mean wonderful and lovely, not like actual smashing
    that sounds too English and unlike Billy to wanna name a band after something lovely..
    afterall he named his band once after the birthmarks on his body
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA