Rush - Snakes and Arrows

Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
edited May 2007 in Other Music
what do you think?

I havent heard it, i went into my record shop and it was £14.99!!! So i just bought it off http://www.play.com for £8.95 delivered..

Far Cry on the website seemed really good
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jamjamjamjam Posts: 491
    just got it today
    should be good.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    ok i ordered it

but i downloaded it today couldn't wait a few days

its very good, far cry is awesome, the next few are okay but towards the end the jams are really good
    yea
    i'm gonna check it out very soon.
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    I thought about buying it, but after seeing 50 million commercials for it (not to mention their concert ticket prices) I thought I'd pass. I can't stand how commercial music can be these days.
    Red Lukin wrote:
    I thought about buying it, but after seeing 50 million commercials for it (not to mention their concert ticket prices) I thought I'd pass. I can't stand how commercial music can be these days.

WHAT THE FUCKK??

rush have adverts, wow they dont show shit over here. Dude rush have been going for 30-31 years.... they are awesome, for me pearl jam were more commerical releasing avocado than rush releasing this album..... dont let commericals put you off this great band
    yea
    i'm gonna check it out very soon.
  • BenzorBenzor Posts: 886
    Rush is my second favorite band. I got the cd today and I'm listening to it now. So far so good. Far Cry is their best lead single since Dreamline.
  • KricketKricket Posts: 707
    I'm sick of the RUSH commercials too!!! I'm not a big Rush fan thou...I've only seen them once and that was enough for me...just my two cents.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Benzor wrote:
    Rush is my second favorite band. I got the cd today and I'm listening to it now. So far so good. Far Cry is their best lead single since Dreamline.

Rush is my 'other' favorite band.

I have the new album on pre-order and lucky me, it didn't show up today. So this will be the first new Rush release since RTB I didn't get the day it came out. I got the special edition with the DVD-Audio 5.1 disc as well. I cant wait to blast it for the first time.

I'm going to Mansfield and SPAC. Anyone else hitting some shows?
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
    yea
    it's definitely worth it.
    BinFrog wrote:
    Rush is my 'other' favorite band.

I have the new album on pre-order and lucky me, it didn't show up today. So this will be the first new Rush release since RTB I didn't get the day it came out. I got the special edition with the DVD-Audio 5.1 disc as well. I cant wait to blast it for the first time.

I'm going to Mansfield and SPAC. Anyone else hitting some shows?

I wanted to go to the Connecticut and/or Boston shows but they day tickets went on sale I couldn't get to a computer before they sold out. Looks like I'm going to have to pay a fortune on ebay.
  • MLB5150MLB5150 Posts: 70
    Rush reminds me of straight lines. I can't stand them or their production.
    "Who did you say you were, replacing might for miracles?" - ajc
    everyone has their own tastes i guess.
    name a better drummer.
    the whole band is talent.
    and class.
  • tobbactobbac Posts: 234
    i respect all 3 as musicians....but geddy's voice drives me crazy....
    You ain't-never seen no one like me
    Prevail-regardless what the cost might be
    Power-flows inside of me, you can't bring me
    Never-fall as long as I try
    Refuse-to be a part of your lie
    Even-if it means I die, you can't bring me
    You...can't...bring...me...down!
    it sounds good to me.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    jamjam wrote:
    name a better drummer.

Amen to that!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • InkdaubInkdaub Posts: 235
    Great record. I love Rush. I've never seen a Rush commercial, though. The Main Monkey Business is awesome.
    i respect all 3 as musicians....but geddy's voice drives me crazy....

You mean Geddy circa 74-81 who's voice has not been the falsetto everyone thinks of when they say "I can't stand his voice" in like 25 years? That Geddy?
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    BinFrog wrote:
    You mean Geddy circa 74-81 who's voice has not been the falsetto everyone thinks of when they say "I can't stand his voice" in like 25 years? That Geddy?
    no it was high on presto roll the bones counter parts and test for echo (aka rush's last album as fractured as that was) any albums since then have been pure shit
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • ArctangentArctangent Posts: 614
    this is a fantastic record. i was one of the few who loved vapor trails but this is even better! right up there with moving pictures, permanent waves and power windows imo.
  • Snakes and Arrows is a superb piece of work. So deep and complex. It's the kind of album you can listen to reapeatedly and keep hearing things that you missed before.

I'm going to see them at White River in July and can't wait! Having a Rush concert to look forward to softens the sting of not being able to see PJ this summer.

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come...."
    Arctangent wrote:
    this is a fantastic record. i was one of the few who loved vapor trails but this is even better! right up there with moving pictures, permanent waves and power windows imo.

I love Vapor Trails, but I just wish it had better production. The clipping is absolutely unforgiveable.
    yup,

im seeing them at wembley.

They are awesome, Geddy is wicked and Neil is just awesome on drums. I love how he has so many different drum sounds.

go away you anti-rush!

lol ;p
  • SigEpCougarSigEpCougar Posts: 96
    I BrisK I wrote:
    yup,

im seeing them at wembley.

They are awesome, Geddy is wicked and Neil is just awesome on drums. I love how he has so many different drum sounds.

go away you anti-rush!

lol ;p

everyone always forgets about Alex! jk
    http://www.myspace.com/sigepnader

History is the polemics of the victor...

LETS GO CARDINALS!
    bump for the best album of the year.

go out and by snakes & arrows people! it's amazing. rush's best in a long long time.
  • cornnifercornnifer Posts: 2,130
    Picked it up today. After one listen (skimmed), Pretty good. Peart's lyrics on this one, IMO at times come across as self righteous, but, an enjoyable record.
    "When all your friends and sedatives mean well but make it worse... better find yourself a place to level out."
    Ok, Ok, I will!!!!!

I haven't bought once since Hold your fire!! :eek: except for the cover song one.
    This is their best since Moving Pictures and thats says a lot.
    Benzor wrote:
    This is their best since Moving Pictures and thats says a lot.

Uh, yeah. Now I am expecting GREATNESS!
  • useruser Posts: 19
    The album is so complex, it takes a listen or two to decipher it all. Great album.