Any chance of an STP reunion?

Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
edited December 2007 in Other Music
Just watching some 01 STP dvds and they just are so good.

oh fuck i forgot Chester came out on these 01 shows.

AIC and Blind Melon managed to reform even when one of the members arn't alive. Anyone know why STP split.

I know Scott is in velvet revolver but in the future anyone thinks its possible?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• the$e day$, a reunion of any band is po$$ible.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    lowlight10 wrote:
    the$e day$, a reunion of any band is po$$ible.

muscians make money by playing music - their living. Reforming would give them money, why do you flame them, its great to see bands together again and see them write possible new material. Thanks for reforming ive seen Smashing Pumpkins and AIC and maybe Blind Melon, i was like 6-10 years old when they broke up
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    I BrisK I wrote:
    I know Scott is in velvet revolver but in the future anyone thinks its possible?
    I'm hoping that musical experiment goes away.......STP is what we need and want.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    I would bet there is a pretty good chance at this. The DeLeo brothers have had a couple of failed projects and Velvet Revolver sucks. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if they broke up after this tour.

Time apart and potential money will mend whatever differences they've had.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,882
    I dont know about Wieland, but I know the deleo bros were talking about it when Army of Anyone was around (met them both by the way, very cool guys). AOA is currently on hiatus.

Plus velvet revolver sucks, stp is better.

side note: can't wait for the new filter album.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• I think they'd definitely get back together again if Weiland could actually keep his shit together. He became such a rockstar cliche.

Its too bad because he's a good singer and the DeLeo's can really write and play some great music.
  • I BrisK I wrote:
    muscians make money by playing music - their living. Reforming would give them money, why do you flame them

when did i flame them? i was simply pointing out that even musicians who hate each other (not that STP does) might get back together because reunions = big money. this is america, they are free to do what they want and make money. it doesnt cost me anything. i would love to see STP again.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I BrisK I wrote:
    i was like 6-10 years old when they broke up
    what sort of break-up process spans 4 years? ;) you were 5-6 btw, judging by age in profile
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,851
    I read an article about velvet revolver, maybe in Rolling stone, that stated Scott keeps to himself and doesnt really interact with the guys in the band
    and
    that he had reconciled with the DeLeos

I think there is a very good chance for a reunion after velvet is done touring the latest release
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Get_Right wrote:
    I read an article about velvet revolver, maybe in Rolling stone, that stated Scott keeps to himself and doesnt really interact with the guys in the band
    and
    that he had reconciled with the DeLeos

I think there is a very good chance for a reunion after velvet is done touring the latest release

that would be cool. then maybe slash would go back and beat axl's ass into line so we can get chinese democracy finally.
  • I think chances of a reunion of sTp are pretty good. VR fell apart months ago, they are just finishing their contracts on this tour and getting the paycheck. (This is not to say that they aren't there for the love of music also, it's just that they don't completely love being together. None of them are ever far from their instruments.)
    Scott has talked with the DeLeo bros and started to rebuild their relationship and his manager is pushing the reunion (huge paycheck for her riding on this).

For those of you waiting on Chinese Democracy from gNr, the album is finished and in the record company's hands but Axl won't let it be released. Long, crazy story there...not a surprise to anyone!

Quick update: http://www.tmz.com/2007/12/03/velvet-revolving-door-weiland-arrested-again/

He was doing well for a bit, then fell off hard. Looks like he is having trouble getting back up.
    rock bands may come and rock bands may go...
    but rock n roll will live forever! - ray davies
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,851
    that would be cool. then maybe slash would go back and beat axl's ass into line so we can get chinese democracy finally.

well I hope slash lands somewhere good, but I really could not care less about axl or whatever line up he is calling GNR these days

in fact I wish he was poor again-then maybe he would come to his senses
    and realize what he effed up
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    For those of you waiting on Chinese Democracy from gNr, the album is finished and in the record company's hands but Axl won't let it be released. Long, crazy story there...not a surprise to anyone!

what is the reason this time?
    Quick update: http://www.tmz.com/2007/12/03/velvet...rrested-again/

He was doing well for a bit, then fell off hard. Looks like he is having trouble getting back up.

yeah, i remember reading an article in rolling stone discussing how it was very hard for them all to be on the road together due to the strong personalities and the many drug addiction issues in the band.
  • smile05smile05 Posts: 600
    stp was my first ever gig,1994 leeds town & country club.We were drinking in the same bar has SW about a hour before the gig started.Long live Plush & Purple.
    1:Black 2:Corduroy 3:All Those Yesterdays 4:I Got ID 5:Smile

They can buy but cant put on my clothes
    Throw down my ace in the hole~~~~~~

Let's go for three in a row, no sorry i can't think of anything thats not funny. - Paul Merton

London96,Manchester00,Berlin06,London07
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Both the Deleos and Scott have been quoted in the last year as saying that want "bookends" for STP and that a reunion could happen. I would love for it to happen, but don't think it will for at least another year or two.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    what sort of break-up process spans 4 years? ;) you were 5-6 btw, judging by age in profile

i was referring to all those bands. Smashing pumpkins broke up in 2000 - I was 10. Blind Melon broke up in 95 so i guess i was 5. Alice in chains last show was in 96 - so i was 6 years old.

i think that you didn't understand me in the first place :)
  • Man I really hope they get back together some day. It's not that I don't like Velvet Revolver, I think they have some good songs and they're a fun band to go and see live. BUT, they are nothing compared to STP, one of the best live bands I've ever seen.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I BrisK I wrote:
    i was referring to all those bands. Smashing pumpkins broke up in 2000 - I was 10. Blind Melon broke up in 95 so i guess i was 5. Alice in chains last show was in 96 - so i was 6 years old.

i think that you didn't understand me in the first place :)
    Ah I get you now :) my mind was not exactly in gear last night.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Ah I get you now :) my mind was not exactly in gear last night.

s'ok!
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    lowlight10 wrote:
    the$e day$, a reunion of any band is po$$ible.

This is true. I think it is great to see some of the big grunge era acts getting back together for reunion shows and possible tours and maybe possibly even albums once they realize the demand is high from the fans from show responses. Another reason I think these bands are getting back together is that let's face it, mainstream alternative radio sucks now and has since about 2001. At least these bands are getting more airplay than just occasional airplay and the airwaves aren't flooded with the corporate Mtv garbage.
    As already stated it gives younger fans a chance to see bands that they were raised on had they been broken up or too young to attend the shows of the band in the early days.

I do think in my gut that STP is gonna be the next big reunion, but it will be a little while before it actually takes off. Didn't Scott weiland just get in trouble with the law again like in November? This is the kind of shit that disbanded STP in the first place, He really needs to get his shit together, cause this tour could be/ will be huge but weilands issues are just gonna fuck everything up again.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    red mos wrote:
    This is true. I think it is great to see some of the big grunge era acts getting back together for reunion shows and possible tours and maybe possibly even albums once they realize the demand is high from the fans from show responses.

...and the fact these bands reunite for $$$!!!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    CServant wrote:
    ...and the fact these bands reunite for $$$!!!
    well yeah, they do. All bands have to make some money (even though most of these bands we are talking about in here have millions and millions of dollars already, unless they spent it all and couldn't keep up with how much they were spending). These supergroup projects are great and fun to go see, but really the majority of the fans are drawn to them from the artists previous work and the love for that band or bands. One of my personal favorite supergroups the Burden Brothers, just recently went on an indefinite hiatus. So, Todd Lewis has put the Toadies back together for what looks to be quite awhile considering they merged their street team. At Burden Brothers shows, People always scream for Toadies and Todd would get pissed off in the early days, but later lightened up. I think he finally figured "fuck it" Toadies is where the money is, so I'll go do that but more importantly it's what the fans want. I miss the Burden Brothers but was drawn to them from my love for the Toadies in the 90s. The BB could reunite for another record, but they will never match the success of the Toadies as much as I loved their music. BB was excellent, great albums, but the majority of people are stuck on Toadies and thats it. I really admire the fact that Todd tried something different (He even used his first name instead of Todd in the band). He tried so hard to shed that Toadies image, but what pissed me off is the reviews on Burden Brothers albums. They were not given a fair chance. Critics blast it because it didn't say Toadies on the album cover. So alas my personal rant on a supergroup, seems they all get this fate in some form. Also in terms of money, well everyone wants to make more money at any job. It's just that music bizz iso globally expandable and you can reach more markets and that's why they make so much.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12