Options

Matt Cameron or Jimmy Chamberlin?

BriskBrisk Posts: 84
edited March 2007 in Other Music
Who's your favourite - who do you think is the best?

Personally, I think these are 2 of the greatest rock drummers of all time and just get 10 times more interesting live. They give me much inspiration to get out there and play the drums!

Check out Matt Cameron with Soundgarden, Skin Yard, Temple of Dog, Wellwater Conspiracy.
Check out Jimmy Chamberlin with Smashing Pumpkins, ZWAN, Jimmy Chamberlin Complex.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    Matt Cameron

Thankfully, you did not make me choose between Matt Cameorn and Matt Chamberlain :D
  • Options
    BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    to play drums- Cameron

to score some good dope- Chamberlin
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Matt Cameron is the best

I am going to get reemed, but the Smashing pumpkins are horrible live. They are a studio band in my opinion.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    matt
  • Options
    red mos wrote:
    Matt Cameron is the best

I am going to get reemed, but the Smashing pumpkins are horrible live. They are a studio band in my opinion.
    You haven't heard the right bootlegs. 1996-Machina era the live shows were phenomenal (obviously the ones without Jimmy are missing something) and occasionally before then they were as well. A bit sloppy in the early days, but SP rival pearl jam in their live shows, though they aren't as consistant.

I think both drummers fit their band perfectly.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    releesemereleeseme Posts: 387
    Matt is the man.
    8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16
    \ 4-26-16 \
  • Options
    dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    Brainofdz wrote:
    to play drums- Cameron

to score some good dope- Chamberlin
    WORD!!!!
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • Options
    dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    Brisk wrote:
    Who's your favourite - who do you think is the best?

Personally, I think these are 2 of the greatest rock drummers of all time and just get 10 times more interesting live. They give me much inspiration to get out there and play the drums!

Check out Matt Cameron with Soundgarden, Skin Yard, Temple of Dog, Wellwater Conspiracy.
    Check out Jimmy Chamberlin with Smashing Pumpkins, ZWAN, Jimmy Chamberlin Complex.
    Check out Cameron with PEARL JAM!!
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Love Matt's playing, but Jimmy Chamberlinis fucking incredible, particularly the song Silverfuck, check out this fucking incredible performance: http://youtube.com/watch?v=7O8GldGbJKI

*edit maybe too many fucking incredible's in there! but you get the gist....
  • Options
    prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    Jimmy Chamberlain. I like Matt, but yeah.
  • Options
    stateoflove79stateoflove79 Posts: 2,845

I think both drummers fit their band perfectly.

Agreed.
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Options
    ndrummercndrummerc Posts: 30
    Matt, although
    releeseme wrote:
    Matt is the man.

was, the same evil aliens from Space Jam that got Cornell in like 94-95 got Matt in 98. His output is just nothing compared to back in the glory days. MAtt is still better than I'll probabaly ever be.
  • Options
    darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    Really close, but I'm gonna go with Matt Cameron.
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Options
    superdeluxesuperdeluxe Posts: 119
    red mos wrote:
    Matt Cameron is the best

Why reemed? Its just your opinion, doesnt make it right or wrong.
  • Options
    superdeluxesuperdeluxe Posts: 119
    Love Matt's playing, but Jimmy Chamberlinis fucking incredible, particularly the song Silverfuck, check out this fucking incredible performance: http://youtube.com/watch?v=7O8GldGbJKI

*edit maybe too many fucking incredible's in there! but you get the gist....

Jimmy looked like a octapus in that video.
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Jimmy looked like a octapus in that video.

Damn straight! I just wish they stayed with the overhead shot of him drumming for the whole song - the guy is a machine!!
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    red mos wrote:
    Matt Cameron is the best

you seen them? got any boots?

I got around 350 bootlegs and i think they are ace live ! especially when they started playing these really cool instrumental versions of songs, like the on the machina and adore tour
  • Options
    darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    I BrisK I wrote:
    you seen them? got any boots?

I got around 350 bootlegs and i think they are ace live ! especially when they started playing these really cool instrumental versions of songs, like the on the machina and adore tour

350 boots?!! Dude, you gotta hook some of us up!!!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    350 boots?!! Dude, you gotta hook some of us up!!!

i have about 423 pearl jam shows. I got every show since 1999 and i got the entire 96 tour