I just "discovered" this band...

Ian_LIan_L Posts: 101
edited April 2007 in Other Music
Clutch.

I have never heard of them before, but I somehow stumbled onto one of their videos on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41orqvymPA8

Thoughts?
Have you been fans of theirs for a while?
Are they new to you too?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    it's my husbands favorite band....since 1993....he's the same with them as I am with PJ. Gotta love dedication!!
    they tour often..so keep an eye out, I don't know where ur from but they are coming back to the philly area in may.

*and this should of gone in the "other music" forum :)
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    holy wrong forum, batman

that 100011101001 song was terrible (XM always played it) basically turned me off from anything the band did
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Posts: 2,011
    oppie1 wrote:
    holy wrong forum, batman

that 100011101001 song was terrible (XM always played it) basically turned me off from anything the band did

I hear ya. A guy I used to work with had the CD and would play that song over and over and over...I'd be like "What the hell is this?!?! Lyrics in binary code or something?! I don't like 'em, but to each his own...
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Clutch is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! don't be fooled by these people. i've known about Clutch since 1996 but didn't start listening to them until 2003 and i can't even give you a good reason why. their new record, From Beale Street to Oblivion is outstanding as is their entire back catalogue. records to start out w/:

Blast Tyrant
    From Beale Street To Oblivion
    The Elephant Riders
    Robot Hive/Exodus
    Jam Room
    self titled

their website is http://www.pro-rock.com and i encourage every Pearl Jam fan to listen to Clutch, you will not be dissapointed!!
    and for the record "10001110101" is an amazing song.
    and for the record "10001110101" is an amazing song.

its an amazingly bad song.
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    I just checked out 'Electric Worry' and i was very surprised, but in a good way! I liked the energy and the guy in the background playing the harmonica i think it was?

I might check out some more stuff!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    I'm a fan of Clutch. I'm seeing them again in a few weeks here in Milwaukee. I like there stuff and think they are great live. It's sure not PJ but it's good music IMO.

peace

:D
  • I'm a fan of Clutch. I'm seeing them again in a few weeks here in Milwaukee. I like there stuff and think they are great live. It's sure not PJ but it's good music IMO.

See you at the show
    "so this is how liberty ends, with thunderous applause"
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,216
    Oh ho ho...

Clutch is a TREMENDOUS band. If you like what you've heard already, prepare to dive headlong into their catalog. I stumbled onto them opening for Corrosion Of Conformity 6 years ago. I've been hooked ever since...easily one of my favorite bands.

Their last three albums are a great place to start (Blast Tyrant, Robot Hive/Exodus, and From Beale Street to Oblivion). I would then move on to Clutch and The Elephant Riders.

And if they are coming to your town soon, buy tickets immediately! I just saw them a few weeks ago and they are as tight as ever.

http://www.pro-rock.com
  • SBC03SBC03 Posts: 502
    will they tour the south?
    See this needle...a see my hand...
    Drop drop dropping it down...oh so gently...
    Well here it comes...I touch the plane...
    Turn me up...won't turn you away...
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    SBC03 wrote:
    will they tour the south?
    :D
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • RedlegsRedlegs Posts: 160
    Christ, I've seen these guys more times than I can count. Other than PJ, these guys are it.
    Smellyman wrote:
    He is a white Chuck D

hahahaha

It's something different and fun stuff. :)
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,445
    i made it thru about 10 seconds of that clip......

and i will never watch another clip of them again.....
    nor will i listen to them again......

oh well....
    to each their own..............
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Ian_LIan_L Posts: 101

oh well....

Please don't take that one seriously! =(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab6lr2b66Ig
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z78PjvfCVTQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s7P6s0YXGk

oh well....

hehehe It's different and they have other stuff that isn't all like that. Yea oh well. :D
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    kinda reminds me of Skynard, or ZZ Top.
    Nice shirt.
  • drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Posts: 2,011
    Watched a couple of those Yoo Toob clips...my conclusion-

the guitarist and drummer need to do some jogging and start "un-super sizing" their value meals. The singer needs to decide exactly which "grunge" singer he's trying to sound like. The bass player is cool. That is all.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • say_hisay_hi Posts: 312
    I am not a fan, but my opinion is biased, I don't like "rock" music.....
    4/30/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/4/06 (Letterman Mini-Concert), 5/5/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10
    oppie1 wrote:
    its an amazingly bad song.
    you wish. Clutch is by far, BY FAR one of the best bands out there today. go listen to Blast Tyrant, Robot Hive/Exodus, and From Beale Street to Oblivion. seriously.
    Clutch is by far, BY FAR one of the worst bands out there today.
    had to edit that for you :)
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

Electric Worry came on Squizz (XM) today... no longer then the first syllable of the first word came out of his mouth before the channel was changed.. man his voice is terrible.. almost as bad as billy corgans.. clutch is terrible, IMO
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• lamperti77lamperti77 Posts: 365
    Since Stern was on vacation last week, i've been listening to a bunch of other music channels and came across them. Almost picked up their CD. I'll have to sample some of their other songs besides Electric Worry first.

Gotta love Sirius!
    I'll scream my lungs out...'til I fill this thread!
    lamperti77 wrote:
    Since Stern was on vacation last week, i've been listening to a bunch of other music channels and came across them. Almost picked up their CD. I'll have to sample some of their other songs besides Electric Worry first.

Gotta love Sirius!
    just do it. you'll fall in love w/ this band. plus, they tour for what seems like all year so they'll be in PA for sure.. shit, they're playing the Troc on 5/12! http://www.pro-rock.com
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,216
    I love how the haters seem to give them anywhere from 10-30 seconds to make an impact.

Your loss, kids...