Another Opinion

MansMans Posts: 57
edited February 2007 in Other Music
So I was just going through a bunch of You Tube videos. I came across a trailer for (I guess) a movie called "About A Son". There's some guy who is trying to sound a lot like Kurt, but, imo doesn't sound like him at all, talking as if he were Kurt. Am I missing something here? I just have to be sure. Is it really Kurt? What the hell movie/documentary is this? Is it a joke? Someone help me out. I'll give you the link so you can hear for yourself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgj4-LZ4DsI&mode=related&search=
It's On The Inside And I Can't Get It Off.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I don't know..I don't think it sounds like him either in some pharses that he used...but then again I was 11 -14 in the hey day of Kurt, so over 10 years latter my memory may not be an adequate testiment.
    "F**K you, I have laundry to do" -ed
  • MansMans Posts: 57
    I checked it out on IMDb and it turns out that it is a real movie based on some tape recordings of some interviews. I'm still not convinced that it's really Kurt talking though. Now I'm gonna have to track it down so I can see the whole thing for myself.
    So, I guess that it really is him talking. I've read a bunch of reviews and it seems like it's pretty legit. I've never even heard of this documentary before. I figured that something like this would've been a pretty big deal among Nirvana fans. The reviews are mostly bad by the way, but I'm still gonna watch it. I mean, how could you not?
  • I'm getting quite sick of everyone who's just trying to milk out the last drops from the corpse of a dead rock star! I mean they are really using every sound-bit, every picture, anything just to make some money! At what point is this going to stop! Is his daughter going to turn into some freak like elvis's daughter and marry the michael jackson of her time as well because the media just kept f+++ing with her head for decades!? When are those people gonna let go??
    phatucini wrote:
    I'm getting quite sick of everyone who's just trying to milk out the last drops from the corpse of a dead rock star! I mean they are really using every sound-bit, every picture, anything just to make some money! At what point is this going to stop! Is his daughter going to turn into some freak like elvis's daughter and marry the michael jackson of her time as well because the media just kept f+++ing with her head for decades!? When are those people gonna let go??

Well I can see why this would make you upset, but on the other hand, I think it's kind of special for the fans. I personally will never let go of Kurt, and I will watch this movie so I can hear what he has to say, because what he has to say means a lot to me. I'm just so surprised that the movie wasn't a bigger deal and that I'd never even heard of it before. I still think the clip sounds like someone who is trying to imitate Kurt but apparently I'm wrong. As far as Frances goes, if she turns into a freak, I think it will have more to do with who her mother is rather than who her father is.
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    Im pretty sure that aint Kurt talking in that clip.
    Id never heard of that movie either.
    chris01 wrote:
    Im pretty sure that aint Kurt talking in that clip.
    Id never heard of that movie either.

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks there is something fishy about this. Can they really do that though? Make a movie like this if it's not even real? Apparently it showed at the Toronto film festival and at a festival in Italy. It hasn't been released to theaters yet and will probably go straight to video, but even still. I'm curious to see how this plays out.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0790769/