Kaiser Chiefs Cancel Summer Tour in U.S.

btb002btb002 Posts: 183
edited September 2007 in Other Music
For me, this is the last straw. Yours Truly Angry Mob was a disappointment for me. To my understanding they sold 81,000 albums in the US of Yours Truly. So I guess demand was pretty low for tickets, and they were too good to play in front of small crowds. The official response was something like they were tired and something had to give, plus they NEEDED to get back into the studios. That's a lie. They had no problems playing at ACL this year, which I attended yesterday. They were by far the weakest band I saw.

A shame to think I once considered them a top 5 band of mine.
You are just a negative mindless pud.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    Fans are going to get angry. I predict a riot.

Okay sorry. I've always seen the Kaiser Cheifs as having an almost exclusive appeal to the UK only. I don't think they'd "translate" well over in the USA. No idea why, I just get that feeling.
  • spiral outspiral out Posts: 1,052
    They can't have sold enough tickets.

There a rubbish band anyway.
    Keep on rockin in the free world!!!!

The economy has polarized to the point where the wealthiest 10% now own 85% of the nation’s wealth. Never before have the bottom 90% been so highly indebted, so dependent on the wealthy.
  • the title of this thread made me say out loud "who cares?"
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • btb002 wrote:
    They had no problems playing at ACL this year, which I attended yesterday. They were by far the weakest band I saw.

If they were weak then wouldn't that have been a problem?

Maybe the reason for the weak performance was exhaustion...
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • holtzholtz Posts: 509
    btb002 wrote:
    To my understanding they sold 81,000 albums in the US of Yours Truly. So I guess demand was pretty low for tickets, and they were too good to play in front of small crowds.

It could be that they sold so few tickets that they couldn't financially support a tour. No point in touring if you are losing money every day.
  • The ruby, ruby song makes me cringe
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • the title of this thread made me say out loud "who cares?"

Question, why does some idiot always enter and respond to these threads with this dumbass comment? (See the white stripes thread too).

If you don't like them why are you reading and commenting about here? I'm sure some people are disappointed or pissed off and that is understandable no matter how shit a band you think they are.

Funny, I don't like them either and no I have commented in this thread. ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • goto_lgoto_l Posts: 1,189
    I saw them @ ACL on Fri also...I don't know how you could call that a weak performance. They were one of only a handful of bands to show any energy & passion the whole weekend. As for cancelled tour, they do have to make a living & by not being an established act in the US on a higher level, promoters usually demand a rather high number @ the door to pay the band, if they are not reaching these numbers, or even close during the presale...I don't blame them, too many look at bands as clowns or puppets, but the are trying to run an actual business.
    You men eat your dinner
    Eat your pork and beans
    I eat more chicken
    Than any man ever seen

• DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    This thread sucks.

j/k don't even know who this band is....
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• icarus wrote:
    81,000 is a lot for a relatively unknown british indie band.

Yes, that's what I thought. They're not really my cup of tea but they're a strong band, it's a shame they've had to cancel this.
    www.myspace.com/clareobrienwright
    www.chriscornell.org.uk