Bands with fans that think they're the coolest, but they're really not

btb002btb002 Posts: 183
edited May 2007 in Other Music
I've got The Jesus and Mary Chain, those art-rejects are so entertaining with their hate for emo's because they stole their look. Great band though.

If that doesn't do it for you, Nickleback has some annoying fans.
You are just a negative mindless pud.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    once again.. my response is Pearl Jam..

most of their fans are douchebags
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • Tek MoneyTek Money Posts: 642
    oppie1 wrote:
    once again.. my response is Pearl Jam..

most of their fans are douchebags

Yes.

And, The Tragically Hip.

MOST fans are douche bags. MOST.
    Cock Fight.
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    Ah... Pearl Jam is the first that came to mind :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    I definitely agree regarding Pearl Jam and the Hip. Although I have to say I much prefer American Hip fans to their Canadian counterparts, which may sound strange since I'm Canadian. But it's true. The Americans I've met at Hip shows in the U.S. are some of the nicest most laid-back people I've ever had the pleasure to watch a show with. Especially the folks who were standing in the front row with me in Boston back in '02. But there's nothing more annoying than some drunken moron in a Leafs jersey wearing the flag like a cape, running around like Captain Canada trying to elbow his way to the front. Guys like that should be banned from all future Hip shows. They're an embarrassment to themselves, the band, and their fellow concert-goers all at the same time. Nice work!

As for Pearl Jam, I'd say the most annoying aspect of their fans is the ridiculously elitist attitude of some of the Ten Club members. So you've seen the band 50 more times than I have and that somehow makes you a better fan? Gimme a freakin' break. I'm also not a fan of the way people on this forum jump all over you when you merely suggest that there are other bands out there that are better than Pearl Jam.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • Mickey1794Mickey1794 Posts: 104
    Pearl Jam was first to come to mind. How strange.
    11/5/93 Indio, CA;11/6/95 SD; 7/13/98 LA; 10/24/00 LA; 10/28/00 SB; 4/1/03 CO; 6/2/03 OC; 6/5/03 SD; 9/2/05 BC; 7/9-10/06 LA; 10/21/06 Bridge; 12/9/06 Oahu; 10/27/07 Bridge; 4/12/08 Eddie; 6/30/08 Mansfield; 9/30/09 Universal; 7/9/11 Eddie; 11/23-24/13 LA; 11/26/13 Oak.;10/22/13 CO
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    i hate hearing people say anything other than praise for pearl jam and will argue with said person with the truest of anger.. usually resorting to me making fun of the music they listen to... guess i am one of those people
    lephty wrote:
    i hate hearing people say anything other than praise for pearl jam and will argue with said person with the truest of anger.. usually resorting to me making fun of the music they listen to... guess i am one of those people

It's not the band I hate. It's their fans.
    Cock Fight.
  • Tek Money wrote:
    It's not the band I hate. It's their fans.

yea, I can't stand Sloan fans either.
    Take your stinkin’ hands off me, you damn dirty ape

I heard you LOVED them.
    Cock Fight.
  • Tek Money wrote:
    I heard you LOVED them.

not if they were last fans on earth.
    or earth's face for that matter.
    Take your stinkin’ hands off me, you damn dirty ape
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    direwolf74 wrote:
    I definitely agree regarding Pearl Jam and the Hip. Although I have to say I much prefer American Hip fans to their Canadian counterparts, which may sound strange since I'm Canadian. But it's true. The Americans I've met at Hip shows in the U.S. are some of the nicest most laid-back people I've ever had the pleasure to watch a show with. Especially the folks who were standing in the front row with me in Boston back in '02. But there's nothing more annoying than some drunken moron in a Leafs jersey wearing the flag like a cape, running around like Captain Canada trying to elbow his way to the front. Guys like that should be banned from all future Hip shows. They're an embarrassment to themselves, the band, and their fellow concert-goers all at the same time. Nice work!

As for Pearl Jam, I'd say the most annoying aspect of their fans is the ridiculously elitist attitude of some of the Ten Club members. So you've seen the band 50 more times than I have and that somehow makes you a better fan? Gimme a freakin' break. I'm also not a fan of the way people on this forum jump all over you when you merely suggest that there are other bands out there that are better than Pearl Jam.

agreed... the hip fans from the US that i met at sasquatch were really cool

as for PJ im really glad they toured canada in '05 because there wasn't a lot of that elitist crap thats at a lot of the american shows.. lollapalooza will have a share of the elitist fans but i'm too worried because their ten club membership isn't gonna do them much good there ;)
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Tnerb248Tnerb248 Posts: 50

SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAANNNNNNN!

yeah. all 200 of us left. they should open for PJ.

how about radiohead's fans. they get really mad if you say that they're not the best band ever.

-brent
    www.brentplaysdrums.com
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    the reggie knighton band
  • PearlerPearler Posts: 191
    When I have been at PJ concerts, I have felt like I was with 20,000 best freinds.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    It stems from the ten club number. My number is smaller then yours i'm a better fan.

I joined in like 93 and never reuped my memborship becasue they did not tour near me again (being not the age to drive it is kind of hard to make it to shows etc)

so i joined again when they started touring in my area. So i have quite a high number. I loved the band back then just did not see the need to be in the ten club.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • VINNY GOOMBAVINNY GOOMBA Posts: 1,816
    Pearler wrote:
    When I have been at PJ concerts, I have felt like I was with 20,000 best freinds.

I'm with this guy-- although my initial reaction was that PJ have those type of fans.

The reason for thinking that: This message board. My second thought was TOOL, and I realize that I troll around their boards at times too... I think the boards are where you're bound to find the most vocal of the more annoying superfans, the elitists, and the fans that love to hate the band as well. I think if you posted on Barry Manilow's boards, you'd probably find his fans annoying as well. I'm not knockin everyone on this thing, there are lots of great people with great ideas on here, but there's a bunch of people worth tuning out also.

But when you're at the concerts, everyone's way more chill-- there's not much arguing about the setlists or eddie's current hair situation-- everyone generally loves it, and everyone is pretty damn cool @ PJ concerts from my experiences.

With that being said, U2 fans are probably the worst.
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    Tool fans think they're better than everyone else, but I'm still going to see them live regardless....
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    direwolf74 wrote:

I haven't met any US Hip fans but I agree with the rest of this post.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • xSmackSoundxxSmackSoundx Posts: 479
    Slipknot, Dragonforce
  • Cradle of Flith fans...period.
    I'll cut you in.
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    DMB and KIss fans
  • MohabMohab Posts: 310
    radioheaders
  • OdinOdin Posts: 599
    Radiohead.
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    -Any fans of country music. At least the country fans I know think they're incredibly sweet and cool because they like country, thinking it makes them awesome. One girl told me she "doesn't understand how anyone can not like country", and I got into an arguement with a friend today because he says that I have "no reason to not like country, and if I sat down and listened to the music I'd love it." That's just bullshit.

-DMB. Big DMB fans think they're the shit because they like DMB, when really they're a bunch of losers who typically don't know anything else about music.

-Pearl Jam. We're a bunch of snobs, myself included. But we have reason to be, at least Pearl Jam kicks ass. ;)

-Indie fans. I hate indie fans probably more than any other fans except country. They get incredibly offended when one says they don't like indie, and I've gotten verbally attacked on the internet for saying that this decade has been hopeless for music. I also said that Arcade Fire's Neon Bible was overrated and was ridiculed.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    drew0 wrote:
    -Any fans of country music. At least the country fans I know think they're incredibly sweet and cool because they like country, thinking it makes them awesome. One girl told me she "doesn't understand how anyone can not like country", and I got into an arguement with a friend today because he says that I have "no reason to not like country, and if I sat down and listened to the music I'd love it." That's just bullshit.

-DMB. Big DMB fans think they're the shit because they like DMB, when really they're a bunch of losers who typically don't know anything else about music.

-Pearl Jam. We're a bunch of snobs, myself included. But we have reason to be, at least Pearl Jam kicks ass. ;)

-Indie fans. I hate indie fans probably more than any other fans except country. They get incredibly offended when one says they don't like indie, and I've gotten verbally attacked on the internet for saying that this decade has been hopeless for music. I also said that Arcade Fire's Neon Bible was overrated and was ridiculed.

You wont be attacked by me for critizing the last decade or so of music, music has been doing downhill ever since about 1998. I still think there is some really good newer stuff out there and some of the other bands that have been around continue to release good stuff but there are not large quantities of good music anymore and most of the stuff that becomes popular is just embarassing.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
    drew0 wrote:

Funny, 'cause I am a fan of indie music and I couldn't give a fuck if you liked it or not.
    Cock Fight.
  • EbizzieEbizzie Posts: 240
    Widespread Panic. I hate going to their fucking shows and yet I find myself going back for more (the wife and several friends are fans). The hippie movement ended, oh, about 35 years ago. Give it up. You're not cool. You're not different. Your dreads look rather gay. Deodorant is a good thing.

I went to a wedding with a friend of mine who is a big Spread fan, the guy who was getting married was a big spread fan, and, of course, everyone at this fucking wedding considered themselves big Spread fans. It's a wedding, so I put on my slacks, nice shirt and tie...you know, show a little respect for their big day. I was openly criticized for wearing what I was wearing...apparently I was being a bit too materialistic for this peace loving, make love not war, crowd.

Also, since moving down south, it amazes me how you have to love this band to have decent taste in music. You'd think Phish would be a favorite of these same fans...nope, just Spread. Musicianship be damned.
    "Worse than traitors in arms are the men who pretend loyalty to the flag, feast and fatten on the misfortunes of the nation while patriotic blood is crimsoning the plains." -- Abraham Lincoln
  • MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,140
    Snotty music fan here. It came from working in a hipster record store while in college. I became a music snob there.

Most of the people I worked with were "too cool" to listen to PJ at the store. They thought I was too "mainstream" when I threw on a PJ disk.

But for some reason it was okay to listen to PJ if it was on vinyl.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.