RIP John Entwistle of THE WHO

PattyPatty Posts: 14
edited June 2006 in Other Music
It will be four years ago on June 28th, 2002, when John passed away in Las Vegas. For those of you who believe in God please join me and say a prayer for him. If not, have a drink, or whatever it is you do, sit down, turn on some Who music (5:15 in particular!) and get rocking!!!!! If the Who isn't your type of band put on some PJ that is equally appropriate and keep rocking!

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/entertainment/0206/who.gallery/frameset.exclude.html

A2.whogallery.jpg
"Unless he extends the circle of compassion to all living creatures, man himself will not find peace."
Albert Schweitzer
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• EvilMerlinEvilMerlin Posts: 1,865
    Wow, I can't believe it's been that long already. =/ I remember it just like yesterday because I was finally seeing them for the first time in Irvine right after Vegas and then heard the news. It was terrible news to say the least. I'll definitely have a drink and listen to some tunes.
  • PattyPatty Posts: 14
    You know it! :)
    "Unless he extends the circle of compassion to all living creatures, man himself will not find peace."
    Albert Schweitzer
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
    kdpjam wrote:
    You are my new best friend!!!! :)
    Albert Schweitzer
    ;) that video fits! he was awesome. i'm going to have a drink and listen again.
  • EvilMerlinEvilMerlin Posts: 1,865
    kdpjam wrote:

Excellent, thanks for posting that. I enjoyed that one.
    "never die....." ;)
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Blimey, can't believe it's 4 years ago already! Seemed weird seeing them on stage without him though on Sunday :(

RIP John, wherever you are :)

Edit: Makes me want to listen to Come Back now :(
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
    Blimey, can't believe it's 4 years ago already! Seemed weird seeing them on stage without him though on Sunday :(

RIP John, wherever you are :)

Edit: Makes me want to listen to Come Back now :(

Wow, where did you see them? Any photographs? :)
    Albert Schweitzer
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Patty wrote:
    Wow, where did you see them? Any photographs? :)

We saw them in Leeds. We didn't take any cameras but here are some I found on Pete Townshends website

http://www.petetownshend.co.uk/projects/thewho/main/diary/display.cfm?id=321&zone=news

Doesn't feel like 4 years. RIP John :(
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I will never forget driving down the road and the DJ announcing that John had died. I was shocked, by the time I got home I was bawling. John was such a big part of the Who, an amazing stage presence, with silk fingers on the strings. Unbelievable.

I saw the Who about a month later and it was so weird John not being there. This was my 13th time seeing them and although Pino Palladino did a great job, there was still a void.
  • KricketKricket Posts: 707
    kdpjam wrote:

That video is sick eh!

I'm really glad that I got the chance to see The Who with Entwistle...haven't seen them since... without him and I know it'll be different but I hope they do come my way this fall.
    i don't think any bands can live up to the kind of performance level the who had going on.

;( i never saw the who. my sister got to go to the cincy show years ago but my dad said no way to me..
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    kdpjam wrote:
    i don't think any bands can live up to the kind of performance level the who had going on.

;( i never saw the who. my sister got to go to the cincy show years ago but my dad said no way to me..

well, I know they're coming my way in the fall, so maybe they'll hit your neck of the woods too

I'm telling you, even without Keith, without John, they still manage to pull it off

talk about an entire arena singing every song - that's what a Who show is like
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    wow...it's hard to believe it's been that long. RIP.

My bf got me into the Who..i really didnt know anything about them before meeting him.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    wow time files.its seem like only yesterday i was listening to wnew and when i heard the news i stoped what i was doing and cried and then i called my dad and told him.the greatest bassist music has ever heard.

i ahve been playing some who for the past 2 hours

R.I.P john entwistle
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• neartodeathneartodeath Posts: 167
    Patty wrote:
    It will be four years ago on June 28th, 2002, when John passed away in Las Vegas. For those of you who believe in God please join me and say a prayer for him. If not, have a drink, or whatever it is you do, sit down, turn on some Who music (5:15 in particular!) and get rocking!!!!! If the Who isn't your type of band put on some PJ that is equally appropriate and keep rocking!

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/entertainment/0206/who.gallery/frameset.exclude.html

A2.whogallery.jpg

poor johnny

that was a hell of an exit he had
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    half of the who are dead.
  • blackngoldblackngold Posts: 264
    brain of c wrote:
    half of the who are dead.

Quick math there
    RIP John... Seriously.
    Albert Schweitzer
  • Saw The Who twice, once in 2000 and then not long after John passed in 2002.

They were pretty good without him, but spectacular with him. I feel fortunate to have seen him live at least once. He was unreal live.
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,432
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • TowsertunesTowsertunes Posts: 187
    Saw The Who for the first time in '75 at the Pontiac Silverdome.Next was in '79.No Keith.(sniffle).Then in '82.Missed them last tour without John.
    Saw Townshend solo in T.O.'94 I think.Massey Hall.
    Will probably go this fall.
    Miss you John.
    (and Keith).
    "they don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read?"

How I choose to feel,...Is how I am.