a story about meeting Drive By Truckers

Meine liebeMeine liebe Posts: 203
edited July 2006 in Other Music
I have been meaning to post this for a while now. Anyway, DBT played in
Starkville, MS (home of Mississippi State U.) a few months ago and after the show me and 2 friends went over to their bus which was parked right beside the stage. I was half expecting for them to get on the bus and take off like most bands too. To my surprise Cooley, Isbell, and the bassist Shonna were all hanging out so our drunk asses went up to them to talk.

Cooley was drunk as a skunk and not talking much but Isbell and Shonna talked to us for quite a while. Turns out Isbell went to college in my hometown of Memphis, TN. Hood apparently walked out of the bus for a while but I didnt see him cause I was chatting with Shonna. Anyway, we shot the shit for a few minutes, thanked them for coming and for a great show and that was it. Nice folks, real down to earth for fairly popular musicians. Good to see.

Go see em if they are playing in your neck of the woods
I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too.

Mitch Hedberg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I have been meaning to post this for a while now. Anyway, DBT played in
    Starkville, MS (home of Mississippi State U.) a few months ago and after the show me and 2 friends went over to their bus which was parked right beside the stage. I was half expecting for them to get on the bus and take off like most bands too. To my surprise Cooley, Isbell, and the bassist Shonna were all hanging out so our drunk asses went up to them to talk.

Cooley was drunk as a skunk and not talking much but Isbell and Shonna talked to us for quite a while. Turns out Isbell went to college in my hometown of Memphis, TN. Hood apparently walked out of the bus for a while but I didnt see him cause I was chatting with Shonna. Anyway, we shot the shit for a few minutes, thanked them for coming and for a great show and that was it. Nice folks, real down to earth for fairly popular musicians. Good to see.

Go see em if they are playing in your neck of the woods
    Thanks for the post, my love...
    :D

Everyone I know that loves this band has some sort of story about meeting them.
    I met John Neff before the show in DC a week ago...incredible experice.
    He was asking ME questions - amazing...

Plus, I got a big handshake from drunk Cooley after the show.

Love em to tears.
    Looking forward to this september tour!
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    I got to talk to Shonna for a bit after a show early this year, did a quick hi to Cooley and Isbell too. Very down to earth, its obvious they appreciate the fans as much as we appreciate them.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Meine liebeMeine liebe Posts: 203
    merkinball wrote:
    I got to talk to Shonna for a bit after a show early this year, did a quick hi to Cooley and Isbell too. Very down to earth, its obvious they appreciate the fans as much as we appreciate them.

exactly what I was trying to say......they really seem to appreciate the fans. awesome....

and good job to likepilate....first to figure out the username (or at least to type it). Neff may have been around too but I dont know what he looks like. He adds alot to the songs, especially on the albums. Funny that you never see him in the pictures of the band.
    I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too.

Mitch Hedberg
  • neartodeathneartodeath Posts: 167
    i will be seeing this band for the first time this month and i just so damn excited about it :):)

i know it's gonna be something

i'm ready