Arctic Monkeys

NCfanNCfan Posts: 945
edited January 2007 in Other Music
Anybody like em?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Peter CPeter C Posts: 237
    I do,saw them in April and they really were class.
    London 1996 Cardiff 2000 Paris 2006 and London 2007.
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    not a fan, but i've never seen them live
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • I´ve heard their record and the first song which i don´t remember the name just blew away my brain...the rest is good too, but I want to see them on stage. They are ok
    ...can´t wear my mask, your first my last...
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    they are great and fun, never seen em live....gotta go flip my record.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    NCfan wrote:
    Anybody like em?
    I guess I'm in the minority...

I'm utterly bored with them.

But then they didn't hold my interest for very long.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    The most overrated band of all time, they are terrible
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    They are really okay - their album kicks ass and the live-show was good...

Hope their 2nd album will be as good as the 1st...mostly British bands only make good debuts...
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • dharma69 wrote:
    I guess I'm in the minority...

I'm utterly bored with them.

But then they didn't hold my interest for very long.

I agree, I don't get the hype at all :confused:
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    I listened to their album recently for the first time. I liked it. Thought it was good.
    Brian
  • i like em alot, i bought their cd the day it came out because all of the hype they were getting i nthe uk,
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • I've seen them. They do well, and even enjoy the odd gig they play. Man, imagine playing to bunch of twats around the country, every night of the week, and be judged on media created preconceptions of what you're supposed to be!

*Puts on a Roy Harper album, and cheers*
  • I've seen them. They do well, and even enjoy the odd gig they play. Man, imagine playing to bunch of twats around the country, every night of the week, and be judged on media created preconceptions of what you're supposed to be!

*Puts on a Roy Harper album, and cheers*
    Superb analysis. They're overrated and blown out of proportion, and a little arrogant, but for a bunch of nineteen year olds that've been in it for a year, they're not that bad.
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    One of the brightest hopes that I have had for a bad since the strokes released their first album and ditto kings of leon. I have seen them live and they rocked the place. New album out in the spring and I can't wait for it to come out
  • sorry but i think they suck
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    Superb analysis. They're overrated and blown out of proportion, and a little arrogant, but for a bunch of nineteen year olds that've been in it for a year, they're not that bad.
    from everything i've seen of them in the media, they seem the least arrogant band out there

a lot of people seem to say they suck simply because they dont like the hype surrounding them, but it cant be ignored that the album is actually good
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    I dont think they are arrogant really, they seem to go about their business quite quietly. I dont think they are as good as NME would have us believe, or as good as the hype surrounding them suggests. Having said that i think they are a half decent band, its not their fault they have been hyped up so much.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • I really don't like them, but better they be popular than whatever skank brought out that dance version of Another Brick In The Wall, I guess.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
    I really don't like them, but better they be popular than whatever skank brought out that dance version of Another Brick In The Wall, I guess.

Eric Prydz? He did the song with the video of all the hot girls working out, so we'll let him off with the fact that his music is shit! lol
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • btb002btb002 Posts: 183
    I don't like them, I bought the album because I was really into Hard-Fi and The Kaiser Chiefs, but they just didn't live up to all the hype for me. The Fratellis are a funner version for me, voices are almost the same.
    You are just a negative mindless pud.
  • I think they're very good and I'm looking forward to see if they can follow up such a great record. After PJ, the Arctic Monkeys album was my favourite from last year.

They're certainly the best of the UK bands that have been popular over the last couple of years. I think they could well be the ones who'll still around when the likes of Hard Fi, the Kaiser Chiefs, Fratellis, Editors etc have all faded into obscurity....where they belong
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    I think they're very good and I'm looking forward to see if they can follow up such a great record. After PJ, the Arctic Monkeys album was my favourite from last year.

They're certainly the best of the UK bands that have been popular over the last couple of years. I think they could well be the ones who'll still around when the likes of Hard Fi, the Kaiser Chiefs, Fratellis, Editors etc have all faded into obscurity....where they belong

I like the Kaiser Chiefs - they are better than the rest you don't like
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • i love them, i dont know why some of u fellas dont like em, maybe because u cant relate to the lyrics? to old?, when i listen to some of there songs i can totaly relate to it, about clubbing and birds... but yer each to there own
    Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution...

Hearts and thoughts they fade, fade away...
  • i love them, i dont know why some of u fellas dont like em, maybe because u cant relate to the lyrics? to old?, when i listen to some of there songs i can totaly relate to it, about clubbing and birds... but yer each to there own

I'm 19, and I just really don't like the sound of Alex Turner's voice. Or the sound of the guitars actually. I just don't like the whole British retro-indie scene that has arisen these last couple of years. then again, my favourite thing to come out of Britain recently was Lily Allen, so what do I know?
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    ARCTIC MONKEYS are brilliant, I like their stuffs...their debut cd was a prize of a competition...and I was one of the lucky winner...and I had been about to buy that so it managed to get to the appropriate environment:)
    IMHO Kaiser Chiefs are terribly overrated, i was quite bored after just few listens!!!
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
    I think they're very good and I'm looking forward to see if they can follow up such a great record. After PJ, the Arctic Monkeys album was my favourite from last year.

I think the Editors are 100 times better than the Arctic Monkeys, although i have to agree about Hard Fi and the Kaiser Chiefs, really hate both of them.

I liked the Fratellis before they released songs like Chelsea Dagger, theyve become really cheesy now.
  • brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    Are there monkeys in the arctic?
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute

I'm 17 and I just don't like them. I agree with what Rhinocerous Surprise said. Apart from the Lily Allen part :p

Gordon Brown's a fan...
  • I'm 17 and I just don't like them. I agree with what Rhinocerous Surprise said. Apart from the Lily Allen part :p

Hehe... I didn't want to be a fan of Lily's, but that LDN song got in my head and wouldn't get out. She is something of a rarity today, I think, in that she just makes good pop music.

Unlike, to bring this back on topic, the Arctic Monkeys!:D
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    they are boring...

the first track I heard was "I bet you look good..." and I thought it was ok...

Then the second single was released on the radio and it was exactly the same...
    Then the third single came out and then again it was the same...

I can't hear them anymore...
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    not a fan, but i definately won't say they suck
    at least they try to sound original - that i always appreciate
    and as someone already said, they're not too bad a band for a couple of 19 year olds.

but it is difficult for me to invision them really expanding their sound in the future
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick