Fuck. Yea.
They're gonna tell you where to walk
When to smile and just what to say
They say have your own fun...

Need vinyl, doggs.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    I saw Slayer once, but I went for one of the opening bands, Clutch. Clutch were, as always, fucking awesome, and as a bonus I got to see another unknown band who went on before Clutch, a really wacky, strange, weird sounding band who did a crazy, insane cover of Hotel California that I really liked. Found out later who that band was, that was System of The Down, which I find really cool now that they are established.
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    saw them this year

got my two fave songs - disciple and season of the abyss

they are so cool ;p
  • I'm going in the pit.

May not make it out alive hahaha

Need vinyl, doggs.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    They are still good live. I've seen them twice and one of those times was this past summer. The setlist is usually pretty strong. Lots of hits and a few new ones sprinkled in. They usually have some killer opening bands do you know who is opening the show you are seeing?
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • I saw them at Reading Festival. They made me laugh.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    intodeep wrote:
    They are still good live.
    fuck yeh they are!
    saw them on this tour too..was right in front of Hanneman..was an awesome experience just to hear Dead Skin Mask and Seasons in the Abyss played live!
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    Fuck yea. Feb. 23. in Orlando.

Divide 2 by 3. You get .666

Fuck. Yea.

i gather you like the dark
    never me
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    fuck yeh they are!
    saw them on this tour too..was right in front of Hanneman..was an awesome experience just to hear Dead Skin Mask and Seasons in the Abyss played live!

Yeah seasons and dead skin are two of my favorites too.

I also got to hear Angel of Death & Raining Blood. When i saw them it was liek a greatest hits show with some new ones sprinkled in. Which no problem for me you can't get tired of those four songs :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Peter CPeter C Posts: 237
    I've been lucky enough to have seen them twice,last time was in Vegas a few years ago and i saw Kerry King in the Hard Rock Cafe.He looked hard has fuck and had some big skinhead guys with him..I was scared to go up and ask for a autograph...Sad i know.
    What's the new album like???
    London 1996 Cardiff 2000 Paris 2006 and London 2007.
    intodeep wrote:
    Yeah seasons and dead skin are two of my favorites too.

I also got to hear Angel of Death & Raining Blood. When i saw them it was liek a greatest hits show with some new ones sprinkled in. Which no problem for me you can't get tired of those four songs :)
    yeh Angel of Death is so awesome live too...but i prefer Raining Blood just for the intro..it sounds even better when you hear Dave doing the intro live in front of you!
    Peter C wrote:
    I've been lucky enough to have seen them twice,last time was in Vegas a few years ago and i saw Kerry King in the Hard Rock Cafe.He looked hard has fuck and had some big skinhead guys with him..I was scared to go up and ask for a autograph...Sad i know.
    man that's a shame..Kerry's a pretty approachable guy..i think Jeff looks more badass in person than Kerry.
    the new album's great..the best for me since "Seasons"
    it's got the typical fast tracks..and aboot 2 tracks that could fit into "God Hates Us All"
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    saw them on the unholy alliance tour. were pretty awesome
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Unearth is opening. I will fight Kerry King if he doesnt play Angel of death.

Bad idea?

Okay, I'll just ask nicely.

Need vinyl, doggs.
    Peter C wrote:
    I don't have the newest album but i've heard some of it. One of their better albums in a while. Some people go as far as saying their best since seasons.... I know the songs i've heard are rather rockin.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Fuck yeah i am on Feb. 17th in Atlantic City, it'll be a great time.

Saw them back in June on the Unholy Alliance tour, fucking great show.
    "Everyone wants to be the sun that lights up your life, but I'd rather be your moon so I can shine on you during your darkest hour when your sun's not around."
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    anyone heard of Thine Eyes Bleed? I believe the guitarist's younger brother plays in the band

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=4987006

I am friends with the drummer
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • I remember seeing them triple headline with Megadeth and Anthrax with Alice in Chains opening.....

by the time Anthrax came on (they closed), most of us were too drunk/tired to beat each other up.

My friends and I still play some Slayer during our jams....Seasons....Dead Skin Mask...South of Heaven and Mandatory suicide

good times
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • I remember seeing them triple headline with Megadeth and Anthrax with Alice in Chains opening.....

by the time Anthrax came on (they closed), most of us were too drunk/tired to beat each other up.

My friends and I still play some Slayer during our jams....Seasons....Dead Skin Mask...South of Heaven and Mandatory suicide

good times

good times indeed. :) that's quite a line-up!
    Unearth is opening. I will fight Kerry King if he doesnt play Angel of death.

Bad idea?

don't worry that will never happen!
    they always end the set with Angel of Death

YNWA
  • I'm butchering this quote a bit but:

"I thought we could do anything after opening and surviving a Slayer crowd"- Layne Staley

Gotta love Layne.
  • Fuck yea. Feb. 23. in Orlando.

Divide 2 by 3. You get .666

Fuck. Yea.

i'm very sorry.
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
  • yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    yay, I must say pretty contrasting music isnt it...pj and slayer.
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Unearth is opening. I will fight Kerry King if he doesnt play Angel of death.

Bad idea?

I think they play it at every show. Thankfully for me, I got Angel of death AND raining blood. Raining blood was just incredible. to hear thousands of people screaming "RAINING BLOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDD... FROM A LACERATED SKY!!!" was just amazing.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    I think they play it at every show.
    yeh they do...that's when you know the show is ending..when you hear the opening riff of Angel of Death.

YNWA
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    I'm sorry
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • I'm butchering this quote a bit but:

"I thought we could do anything after opening and surviving a Slayer crowd"- Layne Staley

Gotta love Layne.

yeah....the crowd wasn't too friendly to AIC
    I remember Layne changing Man in the box lyrics to "won't you come and SUCK ME"

I remember not really knowing anything about them then, only man in the box video. I got their cd the week after the show. loved em since
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Slayeeeeeeeer

Fuck Yeah. I Missed Them This Year In My Hometown, Im Still Regretting For That
    no son personas, son mujeres