Lame magazine alert(MAXIM)

Baba O LedbetterBaba O Ledbetter Posts: 20
edited February 2008 in Other Music
Maxim magazine reviews the new Black Crowes record "Warpaint" without even hearing it............reviewer made an educated guess...........

Anyone see this?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23300690/
No one is ever gonna find ya, if you don`t get yourself lost...........
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• would you expect any thing more from that piece of trash?
  • would you expect any thing more from that piece of trash?

Not at all................`bout the only music journalist I currently know, & I enjoy his work.........is David Fricke..........
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,968
    as a rule, I don't go to Maxim for my music reveiws :p.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Not at all................`bout the only music journalist I currently know, & I enjoy his work.........is David Fricke..........

I think David Fricke is really cool, but I try to avoid critics at all costs.
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    that's actually kinda funny.
  • I think David Fricke is really cool, but I try to avoid critics at all costs.

I agree ...............I don`t need anybody to tell me what is good...........but I do like Fricke, whether I agree with him on everything or not.
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    This reminds me of the Stuart Maconie (a well known "alternative" english music journalist) book "Cider With Roadies".In it he documents that he would be booked to go review gigs for the NME.He regularly never bothered actually going to the gig but would get an advanced set list and go home and make up a review.He did come upstuck once though as he arrived at the NME offices the day after an unattended gig and began to tell the team about it,the editor came and in and confirmed the gig had never gone ahead.
    This seem's to be common practice.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”