The Best of Danish Rock (Download)!

hotelfoxtrothotelfoxtrot Posts: 15
edited April 2007 in Other Music
Do you need some inspiration for some new music? If so, I'm here to help you! I have made a compilation consisting of 8 tracks of the finest Danish rock music! All the tracks are from 2003-2005 and from seven different artists.

Download the mini album here (packed with zip, 38mb):
http://s23.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=22ZGC5TYB013O1ZIDKN0B8S5PG

Tracklist:
#1: Veto - "You are a Knife"
#2: Rock Hard Power Spray - "Smile"
#3: Virgo - "Bubbles"
#4: Kitty Wu - "Those Who Got Away With It"
#5: Mew - "Am I Wry? No"
#6: Nephew - "En Wannabe Darth Vader"
#7: Kashmir - "She's Made of Chalk"
#8: Veto - "From A to B"

"Veto" and "Rock Hard Power Spray" are some new bands, they both came out with their debut album last year. Veto is going to play at this year's Roskilde Festival and both bands have a huge potential.

"Kashmir" and "Mew" are some of the biggest Danish rock bands at the moment. They both came out with new albums last year and they received great reviews.

"Nephew" is another popular band in Denmark. They toured last year in Germany which was a huge succes. The lyrics is in Danish/English. The "album" also consists of tracks from "Kitty Wu" and "Virgo" which is two not so well-known bands.

I hope you like the music and feel free to comment on it. You are also welcome to share some music from your country. :)
PJ in Danish:
www.pearl-jam.dk
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• From A to B by Veto is pretty damn good. Thanks for sharing. Im not sure what music makes it across the pond so you may have heard of them before but check out the band Thursday.
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • toastertoaster Posts: 152
    Only heard Mew and Kashmir from before. Like Mew, don't knwo what I feel about Kashmir so far. I'll check it out, thanks!
  • Jammin909 wrote:
    From A to B by Veto is pretty damn good. Thanks for sharing. Im not sure what music makes it across the pond so you may have heard of them before but check out the band Thursday.

That song sure is awesome! :)

I don't know about Thursday, so I'll definitaly check them out. Thanks!
    PJ in Danish:
    www.pearl-jam.dk
  • so far i've only heard mew, nephew and kashmir...
    i'll check this out later...
    ~~~
    Some days you wake up and sit on a park bench next to an eighty year old Russian architect, and some days you don't. I think this is my new life philosophy.

http://epplehausradio.blogspot.com/

pearl jam @ the astoria, london, 20/04/06
  • Boekel ManBoekel Man Posts: 145
    Kashmir and Mew both rock hard. Saw Kashmir a month ago, awesome performance.

Check http://www.fabchannel.com for the videos of that particular concert in Amsterdam. Have fun!
    I like driving backwards in the fog, 'cause it doesn't remind of anything...
  • danedane Posts: 1,062
    Sorry, I know it's old, but I just couldn't help but to bump this one. That is truly an awesome compilation!!
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    No Disneyland After Dark then...? :rolleyes: :o
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • danedane Posts: 1,062
    UKDave wrote:
    No Disneyland After Dark then...? :rolleyes: :o

LOL Especially not since Disney threatened to sue. But plenty of other good stuff......
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07